3.12 Spellslinger Fireball/Blazing Salvo Assassin/Scion. League Start Friendly balls of double fire

"
5L is quite enough, for 6th link u will need some mana reservation shinenigans.

If you want more defenses, do not forget u can get slower projectiles from gloves (meaning u can use kaom's).

I would go over with a yellow armor with 1.5 spell crit over carcass. From shaper base u can also get +1 active gems, will be a huge dps increase.

Also: New video is coming up tomorrow, focusing on start of maps to red maps with my crap gear (so i can finally upgrade my gear for endgame)

That's great thanks, I bought a 5L carcass for now and use it till I can get a hold of 6L shaper base. It looks like it can be quite expensive. I'll be looking forward to the video!

"
shamanose wrote:
In 3.12 inspiration not work for spellslinger. Just remove inspiration to reduce mana reservation.

I think it does, I get a charge for each attack with Frenzy and it increases my Fireball and Blazing Salvo tooltip DPS by quite a bit.

Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Sep 23, 2020, 7:41:13 AM
"

I think it does, I get a charge for each attack with Frenzy and it increases my Fireball and Blazing Salvo tooltip DPS by quite a bit.

The charge of course affects the damage.
Previously inspiration was also put in a bundle with a spellslinger to reduce the amount of reserved mana. But in 3.12, inspiration does not affect the amount of reserved mana, but rather increases it simply due to the multiplier of the inspiration skill gem.
Therefore, the gem of inspiration just needs to be removed or replaced with something useful in this situation from the bundle of spellslinger.
Last edited by shamanose on Sep 23, 2020, 9:39:01 AM
"
shamanose wrote:
"

The charge of course affects the damage.
Previously inspiration was also put in a bundle with a spellslinger to reduce the amount of reserved mana. But in 3.12, inspiration does not affect the amount of reserved mana, but rather increases it simply due to the multiplier of the inspiration skill gem.
Therefore, the gem of inspiration just needs to be removed or replaced with something useful in this situation from the bundle of spellslinger.

Ah, I get what your point is now. Maybe the main point of having the gem there is the damage part of the gem and not necessarily the reduction in mana reservation. I'll leave the justification to OP cause I'm not very smart haha.
On the Subject of Inspiration:

I never intended to get mana reservation from it.

Inspiration gives 35% more elemental damage and 40% crit chance to "linked skills' for only 115% mana reservation. Which makes it one of the best 'value' support gems (an average gem is 130%).

As long as u have the charges, it doesn't care which skill generates the charges. So we link it to frenzy for charge generation since spellslinger cannot proc charges.

Replacing it for something else will need investment in mana reservation. So until u are spamming good jewels with 1% mana reserve, u will end up losing overall dmg or tankiness.
Bench Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/trivial_matters/
Last edited by Trivialmatters on Sep 24, 2020, 2:44:55 AM
Day 5 Update:

* Updated the gearing section a lot. Every item slot has a write-up with crafting methods and multiple options.

* Added Panteons

* Clarified differences between Scion and Assassin gear/gems.

Up next:

* Endgame part with similar detail.

* Videos of mapping, boss kills, and stuff.

Last edited by Trivialmatters on Sep 24, 2020, 3:51:03 AM
Is there something I'm missing in the POB? The damage values don't seem particularly impressive, even adding together salvo (assuming 6 projectiles shotgun), fireball, and WoC. It's like 500k dps with your gear. Maybe I just don't understand how spellslinger scales.

Edit: I figured it out; Spellslinger is triggering 2.33 times per second so the pob numbers are wrong. You're at like 880k dps or 1.3 mil with all flasks up. I suppose that's not terrible, but I'd hope for more.

It also seems like your frenzy attack speed is out of sync. You're at 2.75 aps so you're losing a bunch of dps.
Last edited by qarte on Sep 24, 2020, 2:08:49 PM
"
qarte wrote:
Is there something I'm missing in the POB? The damage values don't seem particularly impressive, even adding together salvo (assuming 6 projectiles shotgun), fireball, and WoC. It's like 500k dps with your gear. Maybe I just don't understand how spellslinger scales.

Edit: I figured it out; Spellslinger is triggering 2.33 times per second so the pob numbers are wrong. You're at like 880k dps or 1.3 mil with all flasks up. I suppose that's not terrible, but I'd hope for more.

It also seems like your frenzy attack speed is out of sync. You're at 2.75 aps so you're losing a bunch of dps.

Early game PoB is, well for early game :)

I skip expensive or hard to find stuff for league-start and a.s. is unoptimized as cdr will drop with gear.

I am still testing stuff for end-game but u can check https://pastebin.com/VmHGD099 for a rough idea. (this is based on old version so doesnt have sniper's mark etc)

this is 744k per fireball and 1.48m per salvo cast with 3.3 casts per sec.

Interesting. I'm still gearing the build and ran into an issue with single target damage in white maps. Trigger on skill wand with WoC, flame wall, and sniper's mark seems to help more than just a better wand. I've been unlucky with unveiling so far so I just bought a crappier wand with it already enchanted (GGG pls). Level 21 salvo and fireball also greatly helped, along with a +1 fire spells shield.

Something to note (and isn't really pointed out in the guide) is that a sulfur flask is mandatory on this build. Otherwise you don't have a source of consecrated ground unless you're fighting a boss.

hey! i've played the build through to the yellow maps and really enjoy the gameplay so far
really thankful to you for putting this all together, along with updated gearing section which is a blessing!
i wonder if someone could help me pinpoint my mistakes, because i feel really squishy at 4.6k hp (+400 es) to the point where i often get oneshot, especially if i interact with like betrayal missions (or heist but thats another story)
for now, i'm still pretty new to the game, but the things that i considered the following:
i still have the gear i got on budget before starting mapping. the amount of life on most of my gear is ok though
Spoiler

i also have a cluster with a doryani's lesson and a small one with life on it. my other jewels are trash and need to be replaced but i can't find any with a decent amount of life

the helmet is not the best and is def up for a replacement
i need to try and buy myself a trigger wand for more dps and therefore more leech
need to buy a might of the meek jewel - will definetely boost me some life (but i'm not sure how much)
1 trial left for uberlab and then i probably would afford some more jewel sockets on the tree to change things around on the tree
i will do those steps as well as follow your gearing guide on my gear upgrades when i gather some currency for all that but i wonder if this will be enough so if someone could tell me if i missed something that would be really appreciated!

Update: so i got both might of the meek and the trigger wand. hp went to about 5.2k and gameplay feels so much more smooth! i'm not getting oneshot in yellow maps anymore and have a pretty decent dps but still feel squishy. i wonder if going for second might of the meek to the left of the scion starting point for x2 on those sweet overlapping life nodes is worth it?..

it's probably just better gear and more refined tree from there now but i still wonder if i missed some crucial points in my gearing tho (both from life and dps standpoint)
Last edited by SwagOfPink on Sep 29, 2020, 1:28:48 AM
I've been following the guide and has been pretty good so far, the only thing that worries me now is the Cluster jewel in the PoB, there's nothing remotely similar in trade and the ones with 2 notables are at minimun 2 ex, so the ones with the 3 notables should be extremely expensive, i'm lvl 85 now and instead of going for the cluster jewel I opted for the templar side of the tree that offers a little bit of extra defense but I don't know if focus my efforts on getting the rest of the gear of saving for this extremely rare cluster jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info