3.12 Spellslinger Fireball/Blazing Salvo Assassin/Scion. League Start Friendly balls of double fire

I got circle of anguish with 20% reduced mana on herald of ashe + charisma in the tree, and i'm still stick with herald of ash, 4L fireball, and 3link firestorm with 25mana left

how am i supposed to make it become a 6L and still be able to cast things like flamedahs, am i missing something ?
"
reskone wrote:
I got circle of anguish with 20% reduced mana on herald of ashe + charisma in the tree, and i'm still stick with herald of ash, 4L fireball, and 3link firestorm with 25mana left

how am i supposed to make it become a 6L and still be able to cast things like flamedahs, am i missing something ?

Do you have Conqueror's Efficiency? I am playing the assassin version and cannot do without it.

Also, be careful about your links - I had Herald of Ash linked to other without paying attention and it costs a lot more mana reservation xD
Last edited by kazuvn on Oct 23, 2020, 12:44:47 PM
"
kazuvn wrote:
"
reskone wrote:

Do you have Conqueror's Efficiency? I am playing the assassin version and cannot do without it.

Also, be careful about your links - I had Herald of Ash linked to other without paying attention and it costs a lot more mana reservation xD

i guess i can fit that in my build but are we supposed to wear that ? i mean its only 2% mana reserve

reduced mana cost of skill doesnt work right ?
Would Chieftain be a viable class/ascendancy for this build?
"
reskone wrote:
"
kazuvn wrote:
"
reskone wrote:

i guess i can fit that in my build but are we supposed to wear that ? i mean its only 2% mana reserve

reduced mana cost of skill doesnt work right ?

These are the 2% that allow me to use Flame Dash xDDD
And I cannot even use Combustion support in the Blazing Salvo 4L in order to do so. Mana reservation is clearly one of the biggest issue using this build.
Im using circle of unguish with - 19% mana reservation on my assasin, and i have 22 mp free with that... How do you done POB version with 2 rings with dmg mods?
And this build is WHERY not to able for any tanking... Single white mob can strike you on half hp with one shot. Absolutely not for new players.
"
"
slypez wrote:
Hey!

Im running your build and its very fun in leveling. I assume you are testing what the endgame gem-setup is gonna be still (fireball + BS / Firestorm / +Flamewall)? Do you already have a setup you think we should go with, like for ex. Fireball + BS or could we scale with firestorm as easily and which would be best in this instance?

Im also thinking about getting more clearspeed, but its hard with spellslinger reserve i guess. Also is flamewall a necessity? Because it feels kind of clunky and slow when you can not spam it because of its CD.

Very nice though running in acts, just trying to find out what setup would be best that has very nice clearspeed in maps.

I updated the guide a bit.

For mapping i am using:

Fireball - Spellslinger - LMP - Fork - Inspiration as 5L
Salvo - Spellslinger - Inspiration - Combustion as 4L helm setup.

This setup (plus herald of ash) fits without using any mana reservation item.
If u feel clear problems and not using fork on fireball that is the reason.

Also, as crazysmurf mentioned, just use flame wall in trigger wand. Atm i have sniper's mark - flame wall - wave of conviction there.

For firestorm vs salvo, storm is better until late-game. Salvo shines once u get 7 projectiles on it.

your guide is quite confusing.
Your POB does not add up to your skill and their links in your guide.
I've bought decent items since we're already deep into the league and i still struggle aoe clearing and boss dmg. i don't know what i'm doing wrong but I also cannot get 2x spellslinger + Herald Of ash.

Fireball - LMP - spellslinger - Controlled destruction or fork (whieh one is better for leveling?)
Firestorm - Elemental focus - spellslinger.

If I activate both spellslingers I'm reserving 89% of my mana and I cannot use Herald of ash.

Can you be a bit more specific on how you achieve this?
also, which accendancy am I suppose to take? POB says Templar but here you speak of Witch.

Teşekkürler.
Last edited by PrimusLightNova on Oct 25, 2020, 2:39:36 PM
"
Kibell wrote:
Im using circle of unguish with - 19% mana reservation on my assasin, and i have 22 mp free with that... How do you done POB version with 2 rings with dmg mods?
And this build is WHERY not to able for any tanking... Single white mob can strike you on half hp with one shot. Absolutely not for new players.

Here is my current POB in case you're interested: https://pastebin.com/kBdb5T8Y

I had 2 Circle of Anguish at first, but I was struggling with res, so I went with one Le Heup of All which I think is pretty decent for this build.

I currently have 81 mana left and as you can see, I almost have no mana bonus stats (btw int has barely any impact on mana, so I'd advise not to care about it).
If you can afford Spellslinger 21/23 gems, it helps reserving less mana. But I just bought them today, and build was working fine without (I was actually playing with 20/0 till I bought them xD).
For information, if I take off Circle of Anguish, I have only 23 mana left so I guess you'd need reduced mana reservation implicit if you wanted to do without them.

Clearly, you cannot tank anything with this build, you need to kill before mobs can get to you xD
As you can shoot from afar, that build is pretty OK to me. Its main weakness is small spaces such as some heist rooms or research syndicates.
My current limit is T13/14 juiced maps so I stick to T12/13. I'd say I have almost 50% chance of dying in a T14 research syndicate - that is if I run it like I want it not to fail.
I'm awakening 5 and had absolutely no issues during fights against any conquerors for now (assuming you know their patterns).
I can run T82/83 heists almost OK but I definitely need to kill all reinforcement mobs when going back. Plus sometimes you need to run and luck through them a little with some phasing :p

Hope it helps.
"
your guide is quite confusing.
Your POB does not add up to your skill and their links in your guide.
I've bought decent items since we're already deep into the league and i still struggle aoe clearing and boss dmg. i don't know what i'm doing wrong but I also cannot get 2x spellslinger + Herald Of ash.

Fireball - LMP - spellslinger - Controlled destruction or fork (whieh one is better for leveling?)
Firestorm - Elemental focus - spellslinger.

If I activate both spellslingers I'm reserving 89% of my mana and I cannot use Herald of ash.

Can you be a bit more specific on how you achieve this?
also, which accendancy am I suppose to take? POB says Templar but here you speak of Witch.

Teşekkürler.

I'm guessing you're playing the Scion version of the build?

Imo, Fork with Fireball is a must. You can use Snakepit if you want, but as Fireball is mainly used for clearing, 4L including Fork is more than enough at level 90+.

If you already got items such as Conqueror's Efficiency or Circle of Anguish, and you still struggle with mana res, I guess you need to check your Spellslinger gems links. Maybe take off Controlled Destruction to replace it with cheaper mana gems for instance.
Last edited by kazuvn on Oct 25, 2020, 7:54:46 PM
oh the subject of mana reserve, i relogged and checked the toon.
On Scion 4L + 5L (gems written in the guide) fits. No ring, even dont have conq. efficiency.

For Assassin, u might need to go with pcoc.

For anything, written guide is usually more up to date compared to PoB.

For tankiness, my biggest problem (and what made me stop playing the build) was all that animation making it impossible to see what is happening ) esp. ground effects) along with a very strict positioning req. to do single target with Salvo.

So sometimes bossing was awesome, and sometimes it would feel 0dps cuz my cursor is 5 pixels away from where it had to be.. and i decided Salvo didnt give back enough to justify that 'full-attention / all hands on deck' playstyle.

It is still a very fun and unique build, but has its limitations.. esp. on prolonged play.
Bench Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/trivial_matters/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info