Development Stories: Timelines & Retcons

Here's a theory: the events that Sirus and the Conquerors cause by losing control over the Atlas awaken a new beast that the Shaper and Elder were trying to keep hidden away. Maybe it can merge with Zana or something. Either way, the stories that are being told by you guys are really interesting, and I'm excited to see whether the old leagues will be offically canonized.
Said it before and I'll say it again: PoE 2 takes place in Cavas' revised history.
IRON MAN
is It that fled a being that tries to severe from a hive mind and forge her own conciousness? you could delve more on that

abyss could be the remnants of the primeval's arch rivals, decayed and corrupted by the ages and the Darkness/corruption

make tane a master in poe 2.0, if the narrative wants to expand forward you could totally benefit from more science related elements

essence and legion monoliths may be the work of a same force, dont you think? something out of time making copies and preserving things for eternity

give alba a happy ending, I already lost catarina my favorite forsaken master
Great ideas, also I wish the future stories answer all those potential questions you listed! As for moving conqueror story canon and a new day 0, how are you going to solve new characters showing up in Oriath when completing the campaign, since Oriath was burned to the ground?
"the last time we see Zana, she is heartbroken and alone after the necessary deaths of her father and every single one of her former friends. We can’t leave things like that!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"
"the last time we see Zana, she is heartbroken and alone after the necessary deaths of her father and every single one of her former friends. We can’t leave things like that!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"
Jun wrote:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
So, okay, i got a question. Judging by the final paragraphs, it would seem that PoE2's release will not come with an all-new lategame storyline.
With that in mind...How can that even work with 2 campaigns?

In the current campaign story+endgame story, we defeat Kitava, free Oriath, but then have to flee Oriath because of Sirus.
However, the PoE2 campaign story is set 20 years after that, and in the trailer for PoE2 we saw Kitava's head - very clearly abandoned, all grown over with grass.

How does the Conquerors storyline gel with the new campaign? When one of the seven new exiles gets to the end of his or her own 7-act story of PoE2, do they just...travel back in time in order to play through the Conquerors story? Because for PoE2 exiles those events are the thing of the past, they already happened 20 years ago, and time-travelling like that would feel very much contrived.

And of course i understand that this is not a question you guys can possibly answer right now, you're not going to spoil the ending of PoE2 to us, but i hope you understand that this is a reasonable concern, and have a plan to address it.
I sort can't get over the fact that you basically made venarius just another 'psycho' evil guy, when he just wanted to protect wraeclast from breachlords and beyond monsters it never made sense that wiping people's memory was his way though but his story is still alive out there, just like the speculation with harbringer being connected to the shaper.

It would be interesting to see beyond monsters explained at some point in this game but it's unlikely to happen since it's been said that beyond will be removed in poe 2 such unfortunate thing makes me wonder and at some point worried thinking what else in the story will you axe without good explanation in the lore because your game systems.

Several leagues mechanics had never a deep lore that they deserved, sure aul and niko played a part on delve but some others..

I will mention again that "multiple" timelines on games is kinda lame it never ends well and most of the time the average player ends confused or just never bother to care about the story because there's "multiple" timelines.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Let me know in the replies if you think this method of preserving the storyline works for you, what league storylines you want to see continued in Path of Exile 2, and what you think might happen next...

OBVIOUSLY I like it when story is preserved, not having just magical history of "this happened a thousand years ago" but also things we the players experienced be part of history is a welcomed touch. Please do preserve the lore.

I honestly wish the history and story of the Shaper, elder and so on would still be available to find out, same with synthesis. Not all of it was added into the current version of the game and it's a shame, finding some notes or memory fragments would be nice.

I also hope the Conquerors story gets expanded upon. Both in terms of lore and gameplay. Still waiting for those Sirus invasions GGG, make it happen, don't just leave it where it is now because "it works enough and we don't have time to fully implement our initial vision"
POG witch in POE 2
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info