Development Stories: Timelines & Retcons

ya where did that blight cist originate from?
I personally really like the chosen method of storytelling / Day 0 shenanigans.

As far as storylines I'd like to see get explored more.. I really want to know what is behind the bizarre and dangerous "Darkness" in the Delve mines. I get that the denizens of Delve and Aul and those particular Vaal and Abyss monsters and the like are seemingly immune to the "Darkness", but how did they come to be that way? Surely the Darkness kills too quickly to adapt to it over time, and the fact that it kills at all makes it strange. On top of this its ability to differentiate between friend and foe, and to even provide defense to said friends, suggests a level of intelligence is in control of the "Darkness" itself.

Is there an ancient, slumbering, almighty being deep below Wraeclast? Is anything keeping this "Darkness" from overtaking the surface, or is it only a certain amount of time before everything above is swallowed up by it?

Is Niko really crazy, or is he actually a prophet like he believes he is?
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Who is It That Fled dating these days?

Happy to see this focus on the really important details!

Pretty sure it's Korell but then the whole "toasted marshmallow incident" could be a bit of wishful thinking on It's part.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Things that I still feel that can be expanded on in addition to the ones mentioned in the original post:

Delirium - whose behind it? Showdown with the final boss.

Sin and Innocence - What happens now? Are we just going to sweep under the rug all the awful stuff the "Beast" sin created to keep the other gods slumbering did, essentially setting into motion the whole evil dysfunction of wraeclast and the dead coming back to life? What is Sin's REAL agenda? Our exile essentially was cleaning up his mess, and with the other "Gods" killed, doesn't this remove obstacles that Sin originally created the Beast for? For as good as "Sin" appears to be, isn't the point of a "devil" to be a smooth talker, and appear to be the "good guy"? There's a lot more meat on that bone, and Sin appears to be behind a LOT of stuff gone wrong with Wraeclast - but he claims "for all the right reasons"... yeah sure....

Riker Maloney - we know nothing about him but he is intriguing.
Einhar - he needs to be back in POE 2, and we need to know more. Ton of potential there.
Tane - how do we wrap up that lose end?
Grigor - what happened?
Nessa - How's mermaid life treating her? She trying to make the best and convert sea life with her experience?
"
What do Abyssal monsters have to do with ancient Maraketh culture?

Waaaait... wat?
the voice on delirium wasn´t us right, on the simulacrum said "i´m you" but some things along the acts didnt match, like the memories about ralakesh.
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:

Things that I still feel that can be expanded on in addition to the ones mentioned in the original post:

Delirium - whose behind it? Showdown with the final boss.

Sin and Innocence - What happens now? Are we just going to sweep under the rug all the awful stuff the "Beast" sin created to keep the other gods slumbering did, essentially setting into motion the whole evil dysfunction of wraeclast and the dead coming back to life? What is Sin's REAL agenda? Our exile essentially was cleaning up his mess, and with the other "Gods" killed, doesn't this remove obstacles that Sin originally created the Beast for? For as good as "Sin" appears to be, isn't the point of a "devil" to be a smooth talker, and appear to be the "good guy"? There's a lot more meat on that bone, and Sin appears to be behind a LOT of stuff gone wrong with Wraeclast - but he claims "for all the right reasons"... yeah sure....

Riker Maloney - we know nothing about him but he is intriguing.
Einhar - he needs to be back in POE 2, and we need to know more. Ton of potential there.
Tane - how do we wrap up that lose end?
Grigor - what happened?
Nessa - How's mermaid life treating her? She trying to make the best and convert sea life with her experience?

we need his poems about us
Atziri story should be enriched?
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
You enter and proceed to hunt down these new threats, probably feeling like they’re largely random, since they have no buildup before the Epilogue.

So, Sirus?

"
what league storylines you want to see continued in Path of Exile 2

Whats Venarius up to these days? His soul still lingers on through memories (right?) Maybe he can put Zana out of her misery
How about moving the "old civilization" post from the vaal/azmeri to the Primevals?
Coming from a Dark Souls timeline I have to say your story is very easy to understand. I completely understood that we are "insignificant" but talented, and when a new league begins, everything that happened in the past league was not me, but say my "father" and I just happened to follow in his footsteps.

Maybe my father was Al-Hezmen...seeing as I always play an Sabatour.

Eitherway, it makes total sense, and your points on expanding previous content is amazing; Harbinger 2.0? Breach 2.0? EVERYTHING 2.0! I am excited 2.0.

Also, It That Fled is TOTALLY dating They That Stayed.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info