[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

UPDATE DAY 2:

I tried to dip my toe by changing off the bat from Armageddon Brand into Arcanist VD. It was a very hard reminder that the build NEEDS 80+ to pop off. Damage was actually pretty good, and this gives me hope that the Skill Tree Masteries have really breathed life into this build, but Mana Sustain was horrendous. I'd like to remind everyone that you will want these going for you before switching in.

1) Essence Glutton as a band-aid mana sustain solution for mapping.
2) Enduring Mana Flask of Efficiency - every % counts.
3) -Mana Cost on Rings - this is probably the biggest roadblock as if you self-unveil it can take a while to hit. If you buy it - well, Elreon's Veiled is going for 15-20c on day 2. Every build needs it.

Nexus Gloves, Divergent Inspiration etc is going to take a while to come online too.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Hey I leveled a occultist to level 50 my league starter didn't really work out. Can I play this build or need to do necro ?
"
Chilby2k wrote:
Hey I leveled a occultist to level 50 my league starter didn't really work out. Can I play this build or need to do necro ?

It absolutely only works with Necro but, as said multiple times before, do NOT level as this build. Play whatever until you are mid/high 80s and then respec into the build.

@primaeva we should absolutely look into taking staff mastery recover life/ES on block!
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
Chilby2k wrote:

It absolutely only works with Necro but, as said multiple times before, do NOT level as this build. Play whatever until you are mid/high 80s and then respec into the build.

@primaeva we should absolutely look into taking staff mastery recover life/ES on block!

Thank you for quick reply :)
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
Chilby2k wrote:

Holy crap dude, I went this build at 82 and it's popping off with crap gear and no Inpulsa. My CPU is burning up though. Will post a PoB and stuff.

That mastery brand change really turned the tables.
"
primaeva wrote:

Holy crap dude, I went this build at 82 and it's popping off with crap gear and no Inpulsa. My CPU is burning up though. Will post a PoB and stuff.

Are you streaming maybe? I want to discuss more but the forum is kinda slow. Can't wait to see your findings, I am juuuust thinking of respeccing, maybe gonna level just a bit more.
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Are you streaming maybe? I want to discuss more but the forum is kinda slow. Can't wait to see your findings, I am juuuust thinking of respeccing, maybe gonna level just a bit more.

Ah, I'm not a streamer but you can look at my char profile to get an idea. Nothing crazy expensive so far, 1c-2c items. Biggest buy though was spending 15c to buy the Elreon -Mana Cost craft so I can craft it on all my future chars. They are paramount if you don't go Essence Glutton early.

Last edited by primaeva on Oct 24, 2021, 10:29:40 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
Loving the daily updates, and it's great to hear the build is working. I re-rolled from a zdps lightning stike raider into arma brand witch with no clear endgame in mind, but vd brand looks good. I'm at 75 now, so I'm hoping to swap over in the next 12 hours.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Oct 24, 2021, 10:38:36 AM
"
GERWARIC wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
Loving the daily updates, and it's great to hear the build is working. I re-rolled from a zdps lightning stike raider into arma brand witch with no clear endgame in mind, but vd brand looks good. I'm at 75 now, so I'm hoping to swap over in the next 12 hours.

UPDATE DAY 3:

Haha yeah it's so much better to play than before, even with a EO version and soup-ed up wands and a bunch of cast speed nodes.

https://pastebin.com/qgzcHB2q

I'm clearing T9s on a 4-link... Course, a 5 would be super easy (Essence of Horror + Helm = instant 5, and 6 links are cheap af now). But I've been kinda lazy and waiting for more Elder helms to come online, plus didn't get to play much over the weekend.

I also bought an Inpulsa and swapped out - this is the big move since it stops the build from frying our computers so much but honestly with Inpulsas still being 50+ C I would just rush early reds with VD.

Only thing not going our way is, can't find Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers available publically yet, but it's only a matter of time. VDSS is back in the meta so we'll have a lot of those going around pretty soon.
Last edited by primaeva on Oct 24, 2021, 1:43:02 PM
I really love the concept of the build and I'm trying to save the currency for this build. Is there a list of required items for the build?
From my understanding it's impulse, -Mana Cost craft jewelry, and Duskdawn?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info