[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
primaeva wrote:
"
erasa_bleo wrote:
hello. can i do this build with 250c budget? i need clearspeed atleast

Hi mate, I'm afraid this isn't quite a budget friendly build. Closest I can do is:

Duskdawn = 195c
Inpulsa + 5L Prop = 50c
Fenumus' Spinnerets = 15c
Random item with Aspect of the Spider on it and decent stats = 20c

The cluster jewels alone are gonna cost 2 more ex even for badly rolled ones. Unless your character is already level 93+ with tons of points to spare, you're gonna have a bad time with 250c.

hello again primaeva, thank you for your answer. i'm thinking to start with this build. can't i use anything but duskdawn until i get currency?
hello !

i have some currencies ton put in this build !
I'm a bit annoyed with casting 2 different brands, can we just grab a 6link inpulsa or duskdawn and put desecrate with the cast on channeling from cyclone ?

Will be a huge QoL no ?
Last edited by tracker2013 on May 5, 2021, 11:25:56 AM
i bought a half crafted helm and finished it. got pretty lucky :x. didnt dare to aisling slam it though haha. my resists are kinda tight so i was hoping to hold out til i could craft decent lgoh rings with resists
"
tracker2013 wrote:
hello !

i have some currencies ton put in this build !
I'm a bit annoyed with casting 2 different brands, can we just grab a 6link inpulsa or duskdawn and put desecrate with the cast on channeling from cyclone ?

Will be a huge QoL no ?

Hey, yea, but then you may as well play CoC VD. The brands are powerful because they scale with cast speed (200% extra cast speed) - so about 5 times a second. CWC is limited to 3 times a second.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
do u think its possible to run mahuxotl machination for the overleech + shimmerons? we will have to give up on es scaling though but we could get 85 chaos res and 80 all res with divine flesh. then maybe run power of purpose or another timeless jewel for more damage. Or is the tree just more suited to staffs
"
castawayebil wrote:
do u think its possible to run mahuxotl machination for the overleech + shimmerons? we will have to give up on es scaling though but we could get 85 chaos res and 80 all res with divine flesh. then maybe run power of purpose or another timeless jewel for more damage. Or is the tree just more suited to staffs

The current power level afforded by staff nodes is insane - I did a weapon comparison in the new spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DG38nur_Yw9yDygdiV-Wg6heSodhQJjGKPMUkPafB0g/edit#gid=1159716722

And that doesn't even include Counterweight.

So in total we're getting 135 crit mult from Duskdawn and another 80 from the staff nodes. Global crit chance and mult are very precious because Spell Crit & mult doesn't affect corpse explosions.

I suppose you could build a tankier version of the build, for sure!! Let us know what you come up with. When I first launched it, it was as a "template" - the core mechanic of Arcanist Brand + Corpse Pact + VD supplies the backbone of the build. Building defenses and incorporating new ways to scale damage is definitely possible since it doesn't touch this skeleton.

Plus, we only used Overleech back then because I just loved not having to really care about life flasking. LGOH + ES OH feels very stop-gappy and if there was a new way to build a defensive layer, I'd love to hear it. I'm sort of just back to make sure the build can still do current content at reasonable damage levels and tankiness.
Last edited by primaeva on May 6, 2021, 4:57:50 PM
Hey!

Great build, have dumped a fair bit of currency into this and couldn't help but notice your insane helmet. Was it crafted with Aetheric+Faceted+Glyphic fossil spam and then ??? I'm not too familiar with crafting ever since the Harvest nerfs.

Thanks!
"
Hey!

Great build, have dumped a fair bit of currency into this and couldn't help but notice your insane helmet. Was it crafted with Aetheric+Faceted+Glyphic fossil spam and then ??? I'm not too familiar with crafting ever since the Harvest nerfs.

Thanks!

Heya! I bought it as is at a damn steal (12ex) but I had EXACTLY your thought process on wondering how the seller landed it. There's no way Horror Spamming could be efficient enough for him to just toss it at 12 - so yes, it's very likely its the combination you mentioned. (the +1 minion was an exalt slam on my part hoping for high life or Hybrid life.)

A crazy person would do Shuddering as well to try to land Hypothermia, which is the dream helm. However, that level of DPS seems a little unnecessary this league (given the insane cost).

If you want I can upload the build chunkstering A9 Sirus and A9 Conqs. Also if you notice in my weapon swap I have a WitchHunters Judgement which I'm actually using for some nutty burst combo. Just for fun.

The combo: https://streamable.com/b5kcum

Swap to Witchhunter's - drop two brands, which now enjoy 100% increased duration. Brandsurge. Swap back to main weapon. Brands pulse faster, sending your ramp to max (instead of old 2s wait). Do note I didn't even have time to Flammability + WoC her here!!
Last edited by primaeva on May 12, 2021, 11:35:09 AM
"
primaeva wrote:

Heya! I bought it as is at a damn steal (12ex) but I had EXACTLY your thought process on wondering how the seller landed it. There's no way Horror Spamming could be efficient enough for him to just toss it at 12 - so yes, it's very likely its the combination you mentioned. (the +1 minion was an exalt slam on my part hoping for high life or Hybrid life.)

A crazy person would do Shuddering as well to try to land Hypothermia, which is the dream helm. However, that level of DPS seems a little unnecessary this league (given the insane cost).

If you want I can upload the build chunkstering A9 Sirus and A9 Conqs. Also if you notice in my weapon swap I have a WitchHunters Judgement which I'm actually using for some nutty burst combo. Just for fun.

Swap to Witchhunter's - drop two brands, which now enjoy 100% increased duration. Brandsurge. Swap back to main weapon. Brands pulse faster, sending your ramp to max (instead of old 2s wait). Do note I didn't even have time to Flammability + WoC her here!!

I've actually been toying around with that interaction ever since you mentioned it in our last conversation! It's a lot of fun but my investment (and therefore my DPS) is nowhere near where yours is yet, but it still does a very serviceable job with lots of fun buttons to press :)
"
"
primaeva wrote:

I've actually been toying around with that interaction ever since you mentioned it in our last conversation! It's a lot of fun but my investment (and therefore my DPS) is nowhere near where yours is yet, but it still does a very serviceable job with lots of fun buttons to press :)

Ahh keep at it! Some improvements, made with help from other players here and also from the forums:

Thread of Hope (Large) on the left side gives Counterweight, which is a massive DPS increase (12.5% for mine!).

Also gives Spiritual Attunement access! (At least 40% increased from Ascendancy).

I now use Breathstealer. My god. I thought I was pounding Ultimatums already - now they're just plain FUN. The cast speed auras bring me to like 5.6 activations per sec, and I think the extra phys auras are scaling my explosions. I get 4.6k ES from the Discipline node.

Would 100% recommend - it costs only 1-1.5 ex (15% res and 10% cast speed) + 2 Golden Oils (100c) and 1 Silver (20c) to set up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info