[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
ErrorNaime wrote:
Hey !

What about this set up to counter shimmeron degen :

Watchers eyes ES on hit + glorious vanity doryani + shaper ring with Life on spell hit

A CwC loop with : Ball lightning, gmp, slower proj, WoC or Bone offering

Maybe the self ignite setup and 6L CWDT (BL + GMP + slower proj + combustion + anything)
You Can even add antoher CWDT setup with anything you like.

Currently crafting a helmet, when i'm done i'll try to make and self ignite version and see if it Can work !

Hmmm, that was the plan. I feel like it may still throw off newer users though, since once you kill a pack your ES will start plummetting.

I've been experimenting with an alternative - Duskdawn, with Cyclone/CWC/(curse)/LGOH/Fortify. Having Fortify lets you turn your brain off in Ultis because you just spin to win while your brands clean up real nice (Cyclone lets you get curse casts off while moving).

Once I get the Watcher's I'll try Shimms again, by then 10% corrupts should flood the market.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Hmmm, that was the plan. I feel like it may still throw off newer users though, since once you kill a pack your ES will start plummetting.

I've been experimenting with an alternative - Duskdawn, with Cyclone/CWC/(curse)/LGOH/Fortify. Having Fortify lets you turn your brain off in Ultis because you just spin to win while your brands clean up real nice (Cyclone lets you get curse casts off while moving).

Once I get the Watcher's I'll try Shimms again, by then 10% corrupts should flood the market.

Got lucky on my helmet craft so i try to make some try. ES on hit jewel + Life on hit shaper ring are able to sustain shimms !!

I try to couple that with Vaal pact + Immortal ambition but i do not feel a real difference.

Here is a shit video of a T15 map and 7wave ultimatum with shimms (Super laggy but god it feel good to play the build again) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-YXhX1XAA

"
ErrorNaime wrote:
"

Got lucky on my helmet craft so i try to make some try. ES on hit jewel + Life on hit shaper ring are able to sustain shimms !!

I try to couple that with Vaal pact + Immortal ambition but i do not feel a real difference.

Here is a shit video of a T15 map and 7wave ultimatum with shimms (Super laggy but god it feel good to play the build again) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-YXhX1XAA

Mother of god! The screen shake! But yes! Glad to see it looks hella tanky! And wow! Glad I bought a life gain on hit ring early too - just couldn't afford the Jewel until today.

Try Duskdawn for a bit mate, at least for mapping! Reason = For Ultimatum channeling Incinerate felt a bit risky, but with Cyclone, it felt great, allowing me to get permanent Flammability on mobs which is a huge multiplier anyway.

Super jealous of the chest! Planning to get explode mod soon? I don't think I can drop Inpulsa for now, it makes stuff feel pretty smooth. I'll upload a vid soon.

God I miss having Frenzy Charges! Can't wait till I can afford ES on hit Watcher's though, my boots need to go.
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 28, 2021, 9:38:22 PM
Yeah i'll try it ! Just reroll from coc VD and cyclone was just insane in ultimatum.

I'll prob go for an explo chest yeah, mapping feel 'slow' without !

Can't wait to see where the build gonna end !
"
ErrorNaime wrote:
Yeah i'll try it ! Just reroll from coc VD and cyclone was just insane in ultimatum.

I'll prob go for an explo chest yeah, mapping feel 'slow' without !

Can't wait to see where the build gonna end !

Oh! Curious. Is this any better than CoC VD as a build? The concept seems pretty similar - use Corpse Pact to scale Attack Speed instead (although I guess it's capped at 4 triggers/sec
I'd say coc VD is cheaper to start with.
I do not push it enought to compare dps to this one.

Tankines feel the same with Life/Es on hit, 1 button to do everything is smooth.
Bossing is not good as arcanist. You have to be close to proc your dps.

Both build use many similar gems and stuffs, transition between both build is easy.

For coc proc rate, you can reach 5 cycle per sec with optimal setup
hey currently trying out the build i was hoping you could teach me the upgrade paths for my character currently, this my pob. https://pastebin.com/q4jN7K2N
Also do i need awakened spell cascade for my desecrate as well?
At what point can the build farm simulacrums consistently?
"
castawayebil wrote:
hey currently trying out the build i was hoping you could teach me the upgrade paths for my character currently, this my pob. https://pastebin.com/q4jN7K2N
Also do i need awakened spell cascade for my desecrate as well?
At what point can the build farm simulacrums consistently?

Heya, wow. I recommended people to start this build at 85-90. Haha.

Ok firstly, you don't have to use Acuity anymore because we're not leech reliant. However it's not that bad, you just won't notice anything until 90+ when your HP pool is significant enough for leech to be 'visible'.

Your next 4 nodes: Totem and Brand Critical Strike Multiplier x 2 and then Assassination.

Simulacrum - I mentioned up front in the pros and cons that this build isn't stellar for Simulacrums, reason being the zone level is 75 always, so your corpses have far less health and explode for way less. It still does decent though especially with Shock immunity with Inpulsa's, but you're going to hate certain layours (the Sarn encampment one for e.g.) and love others (Bridge Enraptured is best.)

On that note, you're missing Raise Spectre - which increases your single target damage by about a fifth. Get Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers from /Global 6666 (the Spectre channel).

Finally, biggest upgrade will be Awakened Spell Cascade, only for your Volatile Dead, not your Desecrate. Then a Cinderswallow, then a Bottled Faith.

Survivability, LGOH rings will help out a lot since you have Corrupted Soul.
does the cinderswallow veiled mod matter? your older pobs' show you taking the damage taken leeched as life. Or is the crit mod better? Also isit worth it to get a crit + explode armour after the nerf or should i stick to inpulsa? thanks for replying btw :). i got a cinderswallow bottled faith and the spectres already. What should i upgrade next? heres my pob https://pastebin.com/Z40yjfXf
thanks again ! i assume its a lgoh ring and a 7l helm? also any recommendations for gloves to replace atziri's acuity?
Last edited by castawayebil on May 1, 2021, 12:49:29 PM
Heya! Good question! (Sorry reply took so long, have been out for 20 hours).

The leech mod was really good previously since we actually had Vaal Pact and Overleech, so it created a single leech instance. Crit would be super good now yeah, along with movespeed or 50% to avoid stuns (while you may reach 5.5k life with this build and have ES up - it's still micro-stunnable if things stack up too much.)

7L helms are MORBIDLY expensive. You're looking at 20ex+ or 15+ at a bargain. LGOH rings first since it will make you very tanky due to Corrupted Soul - they're pretty cheap.

I haven't personally bought an explodey armor yet but if you have the finances, a Frenzy on Hit + Explode would be prio #1. Power charge on crit is only power #2. Very, very importantly, chest should have a spare prefix so you can craft 10% of life gained as extra maximum energy shield.

Just use a rare with resists and ES like mine! Storm's Gift will make your explosions chain further but to be honest, it's not worth the slot for coverage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info