[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

This looks insanely strong but whate exactly do you do while mapping/bossing? I didn't quite get it from the guide.
Thanks!
So, I'm about to transition to this build from a generic Necro DD, was trying to craft a decent helm to get going and landed on this:

Is there some way to get the other mods we need on this or is it a goner and I just continue with the essence of horror spam?
Last edited by unciuchino on Feb 4, 2021, 3:29:16 PM
So I can have 4 brands out... do I want 2 of each or 1 Dese and 3 VD?
So, the damage is pretty epic, but at 4.7k hp I'm gettting one shot _a lot_.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Cool build, this looks really fun! Going to try to make a juiced version on Standard for funzies. Working on a chest now.

Holy fuck!!!!!!!!!! That elevated Chest!

Also holy fuck, the number of badges you have lol!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
This looks insanely strong but whate exactly do you do while mapping/bossing? I didn't quite get it from the guide.
Thanks!

Ah crap! You know what, I'll make a tutorial video this week, haha.

The biggest leap from "this build feels weird" to "mapping is so chill lol" is the trust you must have in your Arcanist Brands to clean up BEHIND you.

With text:

"
So what you do is you keep 4 brands up for mapping, just drop #1 #2 then recall into pack, then run PAST them. Do NOT stand around waiting for stuff to die IN FRONT of you, that'll slow your run down terribly. (This is where phasing helps a ton - otherwise just flame dash in zigzags.)

Run all the way till you're in between two major packs, drop another #1 and #2, recall. Now you have 4 Brands out.

Repeat this and you will have 4 brands going throughout the map. Use Recall for instant burst - drop Brands in bewtween packs when there is a nice distance and space around you.

For bosses - just drop #1 and #2 if there's just one boss, then channel your incinerate to bring up Bone oFfering and debuff the boss. If there are 2+ bosses just keep 4 Brands up.

At the level of cast speed we get when done properly - dropping brands feels like instant spells.

Ahh do you have 4.7k HP and about 2k ES? The extra ES is gonna help a ton mate. 4.7k HP in 3.13 is gonna take you to yellow maps at most. With Ritual, Maven and Sirus-dominated mobs, you want to be packing 6.5k combined HP + ES in red maps.
"
primaeva wrote:
Ahh do you have 4.7k HP and about 2k ES? The extra ES is gonna help a ton mate. 4.7k HP in 3.13 is gonna take you to yellow maps at most. With Ritual, Maven and Sirus-dominated mobs, you want to be packing 6.5k combined HP + ES in red maps.

Yeah I have the same problem, I'm at 5k hp 1.2k es. Got 1 shotted many times at T16 so I play very carefully and add Rumi's conc in my flask. I just did A5 Drox but not sure if my damage is not enough or I messed up the rotation he ended up putting many flags and killed me once. luckily still got him but not sure if I can improve the dps more (Sirus is up next). I have upgraded VD gem to 20/20 as well.
Here's my updated PoB if you could take a look https://pastebin.com/WhyxTetX
Thanks again for your help!
Last edited by FateAvrnicus on Feb 5, 2021, 2:32:24 AM
Ok took a look mate.

1) How come you're not running Discipline? That'd take you to 1.7k ES immediately. Your PoB shows you as running two Zealotries.. Are you running two Zealotries? lol

2) Drop your 30 dex node

3) Unspec the Str and Intel node above Trickery. Instead, path through Assassination - crit mult is huge for the build.

4) Unspec that node next to Prismatic Heart on your Cluster Jewel. Put it in something like Lethal Assault.

5) Your Atziri's Flask doesn't do anything aside from 35% chaos res since we are Avatar of Fire and do no Chaos damage.

Always try to record your videos to see what went wrong. A lot of people panic and mash a ton of buttons and mess up their Brands on the floor.

Firstly, this can be undone by doing a manual #1 - #2 - #1 - #2 again, forcing the oldest wrong brands to disappear.

Secondly stay calm and don't panic - unattached brands last for like 8 seconds actually, and 5 for attached so there's no need to really cast new brands all the time. Instead focus on just dodging stuff, calmly cast new brands every 5 seconds.

Look at this fight. Just drop 2, and chill, let the Brand Attachment Range do its work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Xw7RtJyJk

Finally this is a topic most build guides seem to get caught up on - getting one shot on T16 has a lot to do with what map mods you roll, more than the build sometimes. With 6-7k combined pool, block/spellblock and not being a melee character, a LOT of deaths are from people running stuff like 210% gained as *element*, Monster Crit + Power Charges + Turbo, 2 Additional Projectiles, etc.

It will be a recurring theme in your PoE life that no build seems to be tanky enough because most of the Softcore builds focus on giving you 6k HP + Fortify and that's it - that's still gonna get clapped in a badly rolled map. You'll want 83% all res + Fortify + Perma Enfeeble if you want a one-shot-free experience.

At the very least, if you invest enough into this build, I will guarantee you that it does so much damage that you destroy things like Rituals before they even have a chance to stack auras.

"
FateAvrnicus wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Yeah I have the same problem, I'm at 5k hp 1.2k es. Got 1 shotted many times at T16 so I play very carefully and add Rumi's conc in my flask. I just did A5 Drox but not sure if my damage is not enough or I messed up the rotation he ended up putting many flags and killed me once. luckily still got him but not sure if I can improve the dps more (Sirus is up next). I have upgraded VD gem to 20/20 as well.
Here's my updated PoB if you could take a look https://pastebin.com/WhyxTetX
Thanks again for your help!
'

Oops replied above

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info