3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

I'm respeccing my marauder to this build, but I only have about 6 ex to do it with since I don't want to sell my current gear until I have a viable setup.

Nothing I have really works for this build, so I'll need new everything other than flasks. Which mods should I absolutely try to get within my budget?

I could probably clear out some currency and delve items to get 3-6 more Ex if I need to.

Edit: I now have 13 ex - make that 20. I think I've got enough wiggle room to figure it out, but if anyone still wants to provide advice, I'd love to hear it.
Last edited by fragme11 on Mar 12, 2021, 4:04:00 AM
"
"
vyrosie wrote:

Personally, I do prefer the version I am playing mostly because I cba to change his setup. At one point, my char could literally just farm the endgame bosses with no problems, never being in danger of death even if I had a few hickups here and there due to severe ADD, so I just rolled with it, lmao. I challenged this dude the whole league. From doing 100% juiced as hell deli maps (t16), to farming Cortex/UE/Simulacrum repeatedly and he just seemed to not want to die.

fabulous!

I struggled with Vigilant Strike when I played this build. I found it too slow to use to keep Fortify procced. I tried to switch to Shield Charge with Fortify but that movement skill is so much worse than Flame Dash.

I am thinking of playing this build again next league if there are no nerfs and I might try another way to get Fortify.

This build blocks constantly. I think I may use a technique I have used in other similar max block builds and that is to use Reckoning. Reckoning will trigger constantly since we are always blocking.

Reckoning does not allow the Fortify Support gem to be used but there is a cluster jewel node called Overlord which grants Fortify on hit with a scepter (which is what will happen when Reckoning goes off). Since reckoning always triggers and always hitting, Fortify is up almost always when fighting.

The downside here is that we have to give up a jewel slot to squeeze in the Megalomaniac and the Overlord node is VERY popular so it can be expensive. Some leagues that one node can be 8ex, some leagues as little as 3ex.

The QOL though to never have to worry about fortify being up may be worth it. This will also leave an open gem socket which can be experimented with since we can remove Vigilant Strike and Ancestral Call. Linking Blind Support with Reckoning is a nice cheap way to sneak evasion into the build.

That is really smart! To be quite fair with you, I never use fortify during mapping. I only ever use it on endgame bosses. Even in Simulacrum and deli maps, I don't bother, because stopping attacking to try and get fortify might actually kill me. So I have given up on it and only ever keep it up on bosses (except for Cortex, Shaper and Sirus 9 because they actually get phased/die before they get to do anything)
Last edited by vyrosie on Mar 12, 2021, 2:08:44 AM
"
vyrosie wrote:

That is really smart! To be quite fair with you, I never use fortify during mapping. I only ever use it on endgame bosses. Even in Simulacrum and deli maps, I don't bother, because stopping attacking to try and get fortify might actually kill me.

This was my experience as well which led me to think about new ways we can get Fortify. It is one of the strongest defensive layers in the game and I really want to have it up as often as possible automatically.

We will see how it plays out next league assuming block/recovery on block does not get nerfed.
Thanks for the great guide! I've just about pushed this build as far as I'm willing to go with it. Right now I'm working on balancing my resists for the wise oak...Probably should also check if I have enough mana sustain to drop the mana flask as well. Gear's below:

Spoiler

Can you give any tips on Necropolis map challenge?
All I've come up with is unspec Avatar of Fire and use some ancestor totems with bleed support, and/or Southbound shenanigans.

Also, what can I use in trigger weapon to replace Cold Snap on solo bosses like Sirus? Neither frenzy on kill nor chill do anything for me in this case.
Last edited by TarrasqueSorcerer on Mar 20, 2021, 5:52:14 PM
"
"
vyrosie wrote:

That is really smart! To be quite fair with you, I never use fortify during mapping. I only ever use it on endgame bosses. Even in Simulacrum and deli maps, I don't bother, because stopping attacking to try and get fortify might actually kill me.

This was my experience as well which led me to think about new ways we can get Fortify. It is one of the strongest defensive layers in the game and I really want to have it up as often as possible automatically.

We will see how it plays out next league assuming block/recovery on block does not get nerfed.

will boots with 'socketed gems are supported by level 20 fortify'
help with this ?
"
Andyb1981 wrote:
"
"
vyrosie wrote:

will boots with 'socketed gems are supported by level 20 fortify'
help with this ?

You would have to socket some sort of melee skill in the boots which in the end is probably not too much different than using Vigilant Strike as the build guide suggests.
Played this build from start of league. Had a blast. Wanted to share my gear progression so far.

Gear is not perfect but the dmg is nice. Going to miss harvest.
Last edited by Frost1545 on Mar 24, 2021, 7:57:57 AM
"
Frost1545 wrote:
Played this build from start of league. Had a blast. Wanted to share my gear progression so far.

Gear is not perfect but the dmg is nice. Going to miss harvest.

Nice looking gear!!

Can I ask how Desecrate is used to help this build? I noticed you have it socketed in your trigger scepter.
"

Nice looking gear!!

Can I ask how Desecrate is used to help this build? I noticed you have it socketed in your trigger scepter.

I was using

previously. Now can swap it out for something more useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info