3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

Love the build. First build that has felt both tanky enough and has enough damage for my poor play style. If you have a moment I would like to get your input on the following scepter and what I should craft on it next. Based on what I see on POEDB augment fire hoping for fire exposure would be my best bet and then try to work towards add/remove speed for better cast speed.

"
Zer0nu11 wrote:
Love the build. First build that has felt both tanky enough and has enough damage for my poor play style. If you have a moment I would like to get your input on the following scepter and what I should craft on it next. Based on what I see on POEDB augment fire hoping for fire exposure would be my best bet and then try to work towards add/remove speed for better cast speed.

randomise the 2 prefixes, to they are top roled. then craft prefixes can not be changed. then rerole caster to you get a high tier cast speed. then you can augment fire(as long you keep the Prefixes cant be changed. then you can get eather % fire or something els) when done with the 5 mods craft trigger. bon appeltit.
I dont understand the skitterbolts aura, is it really necessary? wouldnt be better to get sovereignty and use anger?
I feel like the whole screen exploding at once will cause huge fps issues in juiced maps. Isnt that a problem for you since youre playing hc?
"
Mesoc wrote:
I feel like the whole screen exploding at once will cause huge fps issues in juiced maps. Isnt that a problem for you since youre playing hc?

nope never had issues. i never found bb or bladefall to do much fps loss, and the explody can if detonating the entire sceen give a small spike.
i see we have lot of life regen + high fire res.......righterous fire is not a good opiton? pob says that boost our dps to the stars (but looose mana regen)

something like

HoA
Enlight
Zealotry (or Hop)
Vaal Righterous fire (skittlebot can raplace)

(watcher eye with zeoltry mod on)

Last edited by Beskaius on Aug 18, 2020, 1:23:57 AM
crafted a new helmet since i poofed the other in temple
, had easy time ench it since i can run the gift to the goddess just as easy as uberlab
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
crafted a new helmet since i poofed the other in temple
, had easy time ench it since i can run the gift to the goddess just as easy as uberlab

Oooh that's very nice. I got my chieftan to maps. I had a double corrupted 6L chest piece from a previous character, thankfully 1 craft with 3B sockets on bench got me what i needed.

Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Aug 18, 2020, 10:28:56 PM
Does the bladefall cast time and animation ever cause survivability problems?

I feel like my character gets chunked way too much because he has to stop and cast bladefall and then detonate them. Like for the last map I did it was a t16 estuary with baran influence. Even with a topaz flask with shock immunity, there were a couple trash packs that almost deleted my character just for standing still for that 1 second or so. There's a lot of other regular mob types that almost killed me too, mostly they're the fast type. The slow stuff like skellies and bears etc aren't much of a problem.

I don't use divine flesh, but it's because I don't have the chaos res gear to support that. I still don't think even divine flesh would change that kind of incoming damage.
"
yamface wrote:
Does the bladefall cast time and animation ever cause survivability problems?

I feel like my character gets chunked way too much because he has to stop and cast bladefall and then detonate them. Like for the last map I did it was a t16 estuary with baran influence. Even with a topaz flask with shock immunity, there were a couple trash packs that almost deleted my character just for standing still for that 1 second or so. There's a lot of other regular mob types that almost killed me too, mostly they're the fast type. The slow stuff like skellies and bears etc aren't much of a problem.

I don't use divine flesh, but it's because I don't have the chaos res gear to support that. I still don't think even divine flesh would change that kind of incoming damage.

the divine flesh is pretty big. but i never had issues with it, and you can compare to other skills like DOT (here i mainly think ED) got way slower activation and even killing.

i managed to play from lvl 94 to 100 without logging out in combat(logged out maby 1 or 2 times where i felt cornered, in a bad situation. or encountered some stuff ahead that i did not feel safe to progress to(like a legion area in a corridor map). about baran mobs, this hold true to anything els, you wanna stay mobile, but the amount of time needed to cast and move is way faster then any effects that can hit you( like the ligthing floor explotions) its just about keeping mobile while using the abilitys. also when you get the chance to upgrade to a explody chest this will feel much smoother when you can remove most white mobs with the Bladefall, or even mainly clear with bladeblast alone. you also lack the dex+ castspeed+ movement speed notes, thoes are pretty good QOL. but from my experince when ever Bladefall is released you can start the bladeblast as soon the first blade impacts and set off the total cascade of blades, and i feel its almost instant casts, like i usually click both skills just after each other and move, so i dont feel the shown cast times are really displaying whats going on.
Last edited by DUKE_OF_SNUFF on Aug 20, 2020, 9:21:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info