[3.16] Wintertide Brand Occultist/Trickster | 8-9M Dot dps| Fast Clear | Detailed explanation

Thinking about moving to this build from a vortex build I've started leveling, since I'm not fond of the point-blank-aoe style of vortex. But loading up your PoB, why does the life/es hybrid tree still take pain attunement? Am I missing something?
"
Are you aware that WTB was stealth nerfed in 3.15 so that elemental focus will currently disable built in chill of WTB? I don't know if that will be the case in this patch but if it will, definitely sticking with bonechill instead.
Also, the uptime of max stages is pretty low in this build. Will most likely pick potency of will even if that means giving up a cluster jewel.

I tested this today, and Ele Focus still removes the built-in chill of WTB. I don't recommend it as a support.
"
dsBraver wrote:
"
Are you aware that WTB was stealth nerfed in 3.15 so that elemental focus will currently disable built in chill of WTB? I don't know if that will be the case in this patch but if it will, definitely sticking with bonechill instead.
Also, the uptime of max stages is pretty low in this build. Will most likely pick potency of will even if that means giving up a cluster jewel.

I tested this today, and Ele Focus still removes the built-in chill of WTB. I don't recommend it as a support.

Yes it does not work for sure. However, i still recommend it over any other support, just gotta rely on vortex doing the chills(occultist ascendency does chill/freezes too).

You probably can only chill and not freeze, in scourge everything is just gonna mob you instantly, the damage probably win the slight bit of utility that can be covered by vortex.

Also, lvl 5 awakened elemental focus adds +1 level to wintertide, thats probably the biggest damage multiplier we can get from a gem

"
BCRebel wrote:
Thinking about moving to this build from a vortex build I've started leveling, since I'm not fond of the point-blank-aoe style of vortex. But loading up your PoB, why does the life/es hybrid tree still take pain attunement? Am I missing something?

Pain attunment was a mistake, i was trying to squeeze in petrified blood but it wasnt worth
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:

"
BCRebel wrote:

Pain attunment was a mistake, i was trying to squeeze in petrified blood but it wasnt worth

Why is Pain Attunement not worth it? Doesn't it give us a lot of Damage from being low life?

Been following this build for Scourge and I'm stuck at 90 trying to get enough stats to equip Chayula while not screwing up my Resists and ES.
I saw people using wintertide on elementalist.
As I don't know the spell well, what are the perk of elementalist over occultist ?
"
Sheinell wrote:
I saw people using wintertide on elementalist.
As I don't know the spell well, what are the perk of elementalist over occultist ?

AoE/Convergence, -25% additional res to exposure substitutes Void Beacon, then you get Primal Aegis & stronger chills... I think comparable.
Does winterbrand work with Ethereal Feast, spell leech->es?
It's a DoT brand so it doesn't hit, and therefore doesn't leech or cause triggers.
Last edited by DivineEssence on Jan 7, 2022, 9:43:25 PM
Has anything really changed with this going into 3.17?
No, from what i see nothing changed.
Last edited by SeRimir on Feb 5, 2022, 9:29:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info