[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

Edit: Moving the thread to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2905010 since I didn't plan ahead and ran out of character space. My bad!
Last edited by Niedzwiedz on Jul 13, 2020, 3:35:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2020, 3:30:29 PM
i'll give this build a try in sc and see how it goes

edit: btw in which order did you take your ascendancy points?
my guess:
nature's boon
master alchemist
veteran bowyer
nature's adrenaline
Last edited by shrinkmaster on Jul 12, 2020, 1:38:19 PM
"
shrinkmaster wrote:
i'll give this build a try in sc and see how it goes

edit: btw in which order did you take your ascendancy points?
my guess:
nature's boon
master alchemist
veteran bowyer
nature's adrenaline

I leveled as caustic arrow until the blood aqueduct (I'll go into a leveling guide very soon), but yeah this is a reasonable order. You could leave veteran bowyer till last and pick up nature's adrenaline on your merc lab, since it makes a noticeable difference for your shield charge
pls tell us how to level asap :D really wanna try that out ;)
Looks really interesting. I'll probably try this build. However, a few questions:

How would a scion version be? (Mainly thinking about assa + PF)

Do you think it would be possible to integrate Rumi's + Glancing blows and go max block? If so, would it be worth it?

What was behind your decision to not go crit?

Couldn't a hybrid flask be a good idea for fortify from hardened scars?

Btw, great build idea. Really creative.

Last edited by KrevvyTV on Jul 12, 2020, 2:57:53 PM
thx for the leveling part - u should add what to do once u are rdy to switch to BV.

in pob archmage gives a huge DPS boost, why are we not using it - what am i missing? :)
"
How would a scion version be? (Mainly thinking about assa + PF)

Yes, it can work for sure. Scion is a completely reasonable alternative to PF

"
Do you think it would be possible to integrate Rumi's + Glancing blows and go max block? If so, would it be worth it?

You would need to cut something else, but it's a solid option. One issue is that glancing blows benefits heavily from things like 5% life on block. Since this is an MoM build, ideally you'd have both life on block and mana on block, which is doable but there's already a lot of solid influenced affixes that the build can benefit from on a shield.

Flask slots are also super limited. The logical option would probably be to remove the granite of iron skin for the rumi's. On my current character, this downgrades the armour from 25k to 11k, and makes molten shell somewhat mediocre.

However, mitigating 37.5% of damage on average is a big deal, even without sustain on block. You'd need to cut some passive skills somewhere, but it can be worth it.

Capping the spell block would take some effort, since even a beefed up max-rolled rumi's is only 18% spell block. A shaper shield with life on block, mana on block and increased chance to block spell damage is theoretically possible. More realistically, you can craft some spell block on the shield as a suffix. There's some spell block on crusader and shaper amulets, but these don't give skill gem levels for BV. Then there's mystic bulwark which is a stellar node for MoM block builds, and you can grab some AoE nodes on the way there, but you'd need to cut some more points elsewhere.

A scion version of the build could go PF + necro and put bone offering on its trigger weapon.

Sorry if this is a bit rambly, but I do think the block avenue is interesting. I chose to focus on hard mitigations instead, but with how great block is this patch it's definitely a viable alternative. A lot of things would need to change though, and in many ways the build would start looking more like an archmage necro or scion-necro

"
What was behind your decision to not go crit?

A couple reasons:
1) Elemental overload scales the explodey chest better than crit
2) Limited flask slots (a diamond flask probably can't ever make it in, and bottled faith is amazing for dps but would have to bump out a more defensive flask like wise oak)
3) I underestimated how good Harvest-crafting was. In another league, capping your resists and getting the affixes you want on your gear while also adding crit affixes just doesn't sound realistic in hardcore trade. The tree doesn't have much room for scaling crit, so most of it would have to come from your gear. This league, it's a possibility though

So at the end of the day, I have no problem imagining how a softcore version of the build could cut some defenses and reach 20m+ shaper dps by going crit (especially with your scion PF+assassin idea). Perhaps even in hardcore, but that would require some DirtyDan levels of gear quality, and even then I think you'd lose some defenses. In any case, it is a good option.

"
Couldn't a hybrid flask be a good idea for fortify from hardened scars?

I have liked hardened scars on previous characters, but I don't think there's room here. You'd lose an anoint (aqueous accelerant is fairly impactful) and a whole flask. I'd rather have the mitigations (and damage) from either wise oak or the granite of iron skin and a fortify that's mostly up, than a guaranteed perma-fortify. Since BV is pretty much a melee skill and is a duration skill, standing near bosses and using vigilant strike is convenient enough, and shield charge is fine while mapping. Fortify does drop often on Sirus because of his teleporting and invulnerability, but his beam can be tanked without it anyway

Thanks for the feedback and great questions!
"
bahnschranke wrote:
thx for the leveling part - u should add what to do once u are rdy to switch to BV.

in pob archmage gives a huge DPS boost, why are we not using it - what am i missing? :)

Alright, I'll work on the transition part.

As for archmage in PoB, that is because PoB is set to 4k mana spent recently. With Indigon, that's a 1000% to 1200% increase in mana cost, so with archmage support you end up with something like a 6800 mana cost per cast. In other words, it's fake damage because you couldn't cast a single spell, and archmage stops giving its bonus damage when the mana cost of your skill exceeds your total mana pool anyway.
Looks good, I want to do this build but waiting until you finish the gear section. I know you have a couple double influenced items (ive never used double influenced items before) I know you use an awakener orb but not sure if that deletes the body armor's 6 link or not. Like if I awaken orb a 6l crusader asral plate with a non 6 link redeemer.

Overall looks super solid and ill prob give it a go, its pretty fun to self craft gear this league.
Hi, I'm planning to do this build and would like to give crafting my own items a try. Would you be kind to give tips/ideas on how to go about crafting the sceptre and shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info