[3.12] Elemental Hit Wander (Assassin) | 40mil+ DPS | Durable | Screenwide Clear

"
Schaapje1987 wrote:
I decided to follow the budget version to see what it would do, and the cluster jewel alone cost at least 6 ex. This is not exactly 'budget'.

I crafted the vast majority of my gear myself, including the cluster Jewel. I should probably drop the 3 notable large to 2 notable on the budget pob, but it simply slipped my mind; there's effectively no difference between a 2 notable large and 3 notable (2 is a lot cheaper and easy to self-make). Remember though you don't always gotta follow things 1:1, innovate!

The mediums are very easy to craft, just alt + regal till you eventually hit shouldn't be more than 60-80c for each unless you're really unlucky.

Been really busy lately and I've been playing a lot less PoE so I can't really respond to every post like I have been, sorry. Thanks to other people steppin up and answering questions though :).

As for the wand crafting, I do have a section under gear where I talk about how to go about getting/making the wand, so I'd recommend reading that. But basically you want to find or roll an imbued wand with two out of the 3 of well rolled spell damage, crit, or attack speed. Then bench craft the third missing one. Use Harvest to remove any useless mods, warlord slam and do add/remove fire until you get a couple of good warlord prefixes (namely variants on fire pen).
Last edited by Anbokr on Jul 18, 2020, 3:28:48 PM
Build sounds awesome, but does any one playing the build have a video of the clear or endgame boss kills in action?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
-----------------------------------------
www.twitch.tv/madebyskinny
www.youtube.com/madebyskinny
"
Martingale7 wrote:
I've officially hit the endgame with this build. After reaching level 90 and putting around 30ex into it, here are some things I've noticed:

Pros:

+ Clearspeed and general mapping feels better than any other build I've played -- you could easily take this build to level 100 by chaining t16 toxic sewer maps
+ The gear I bought was surprisingly inexpensive [I'm not sure if this is a benefit of harvest league or the build]
+ Extremely satisfying and fun to play
+ Has a ton of action/move/attack speed - I'm sure there are many players out there who would never die with this character due to this fact alone

Cons:

- I get randomly 1 shot fairly often on more challenging content -- high tier harvest encounters/vaal side areas are scary
- My single target doesn't feel great (I'm still lacking some gem levels but I expected more stopping power at this point)
- I don't feel comfortable doing endgame bosses on this character. It seems like I either have to dance around and slowly chip away at them with mediocre damage, or put myself in point blank range before inevitably getting 1 shot
- Leveling was an absolute nightmare -- respec into this build if possible

would you care to share your pob? Your char seems salvaged already...
my dps is awful and i dont know why my pob is https://pastebin.com/3QV2RNjG
This is pob with cluster
https://pastebin.com/9LWpS4gU
Here's a video on A8 Sirus.

https://youtu.be/G2QjD1vojYM

I'm really close to dying so as stated it can be very sketchy

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fremoq/characters for my char.

My items are not perfect but they are good I think.
Just finished A8 Sirus today with this build. It was a lot of fun! I didn't really min/max it as I started to save currency for the next build, and it felt pretty good where I was at.

Overall I agree on some comments about initial investment. The investment to get started was around 3-5 ex. After that I probably spent another 3-5 ex total, and harvest crated everything else.

Just for some context, this is my first league beating Sirus (let alone A8), so I don't have a lot of perspective on what the fight should feel like. Overall, the dps was enough to push the phases really fast. I nearly killed him (A8) on the first portal but messed up around 10% in the last phase, and took a few portals to finish him off.

Overall my boss attempts were as follows while progressing this build:
Sirus
A5: fail
A6: 1 attempt
A7: 2 attempts
A8: 1 attempt

Harvest boss: 1 attempt
Catarina: 1 attempt
Shaper: 1 attempt

Random thoughts:
- Fun play style - I really like the activity vs reward balance on this build
- Felt a little squishy for my level of investment (I didn't have any good source of chaos res outside of expensive cluster jewels)
- Leech feels great, until it doesn't. Sirus storms sometimes felt sketchy
- The build really came alive when I got +2/+2 gloves (100c)
- Balancing resists sometimes felt difficult without a big investment. I ended up leaning a bit on jewels / cluster jewels. This is largely the reason I never got a better 6L.

Final thoughts:
Most fun build I've played so far in Harvest. Thanks so much for sharing!

My POB:
https://pastebin.com/6iTZGs7P
"
JuliusDL wrote:
Just finished A8 Sirus today with this build. It was a lot of fun! I didn't really min/max it as I started to save currency for the next build, and it felt pretty good where I was at.

Overall I agree on some comments about initial investment. The investment to get started was around 3-5 ex. After that I probably spent another 3-5 ex total, and harvest crated everything else.

Just for some context, this is my first league beating Sirus (let alone A8), so I don't have a lot of perspective on what the fight should feel like. Overall, the dps was enough to push the phases really fast. I nearly killed him (A8) on the first portal but messed up around 10% in the last phase, and took a few portals to finish him off.

Overall my boss attempts were as follows while progressing this build:
Sirus
A5: fail
A6: 1 attempt
A7: 2 attempts
A8: 1 attempt

Harvest boss: 1 attempt
Catarina: 1 attempt
Shaper: 1 attempt

Random thoughts:
- Fun play style - I really like the activity vs reward balance on this build
- Felt a little squishy for my level of investment (I didn't have any good source of chaos res outside of expensive cluster jewels)
- Leech feels great, until it doesn't. Sirus storms sometimes felt sketchy
- The build really came alive when I got +2/+2 gloves (100c)
- Balancing resists sometimes felt difficult without a big investment. I ended up leaning a bit on jewels / cluster jewels. This is largely the reason I never got a better 6L.

Final thoughts:
Most fun build I've played so far in Harvest. Thanks so much for sharing!

My POB:
https://pastebin.com/6iTZGs7P

Glad you enjoyed it, grats on the Sirus kill!
this build looks really strong and fun to play. I'm looking to reroll to Ele hit for my next build but do you recommend this for HC? I am wondering if something like Ascendant Assassin and Slayer work better defensively and still have pretty nice damage on a low budget. Also, would it be possible to use frost ferno helmet instead of crown of the inward eye?
"
Anbokr wrote:
"
Schaapje1987 wrote:
I decided to follow the budget version to see what it would do, and the cluster jewel alone cost at least 6 ex. This is not exactly 'budget'.

I crafted the vast majority of my gear myself, including the cluster Jewel.

Highly doubt that considering you haven't even harvested a single T4 seed so far.

RMT is bad my friend.
Last edited by X3n_ on Aug 1, 2020, 2:12:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info