[3.12] Elemental Hit Wander (Assassin) | 40mil+ DPS | Durable | Screenwide Clear

What do you think about frostferno? If it's good for budget would you like to socket there boss setup or clear? I have small amount of currency so I have to be a misser :P
Guide could use a short video of speed map clear
"
minqzoid wrote:
"
roxxouille wrote:
Hello ! I'm interested in your build ! we can't see you amulet, you say it's a xoph blood but you don't talk about the anointment ^^' So what's your advice about that ?

Not sure which annointment OP took but Prism Weave seems pretty optimal

"
Martingale7 wrote:
Which affixes are important on our wand/shield?

I'm interested in trying this build but I'm not sure how far I can get with a 20 ex budget. Some of the wands I was looking at were ridiculously expensive.

I think you should be able to use Piscator's Vigil till you get a better wand. I'm starting the build on a way lower budget with Piscator's and I think I'll be fine till I generate more currency

I'll try that out, thanks for the suggestion.

On a similar note, what are we looking for in the cluster jewels? This is my first time using them in a build and I'm not sure which affixes are important (I'm also having trouble finding them on the trade site, if anyone could send me a link for the appropriate filters that would be very helpful).

I noticed that one of the rings in the budget setup has aspect on the avian. Since we're using farrul's fur, would aspect of the cat make sense instead?

Lastly, what's the order of ascendancy importance for this build?

Last edited by Martingale7 on Jul 11, 2020, 8:02:16 PM
Why not herald of ash instead of avian? Shoudldnt that be smoother clear and also more damage?
Also would love to see a video but going to try it none the less
"
Dethe2 wrote:
Why not herald of ash instead of avian? Shoudldnt that be smoother clear and also more damage?

Herald of ash gives us no damage. We don't have any physical damage to benefit from the extra fire as % of phys, and the more multiplier is for spells; ele hit is an attack.

"
roxxouille wrote:
Hello ! I'm interested in your build ! we can't see you amulet, you say it's a xoph blood but you don't talk about the anointment ^^' So what's your advice about that ?

There's a lot of good choices, as someone said prism weave is one. Can do a power charge. Can do an accuracy + damage node if you need more accuracy. Kinda depends on the rest of the gear, but prism weave is a safe choice.

"
Martingale7 wrote:
Which affixes are important on our wand/shield?

I'm interested in trying this build but I'm not sure how far I can get with a 20 ex budget. Some of the wands I was looking at were ridiculously expensive.

20ex is do-able if you look at the budget section. There have been an influx of ele hit builds recently, so prices on some stuff might have gone up, but for the most part should be affordable. You can somewhat self-craft a wand by finding one with two decent mods (two out of three of fire/spell dmg, attack speed, and crit chance) and then playing around with harvest crafting to finish off the third mod (or alternatively just craft it on).

Harvest crafting is super powerful for the wand this league since we can do remove/add caster for spell damage (or aug caster first). Can do something similar with attack tag for crit/AS; there's a lot to play around with with Harvest.

In terms of shield, any generic shield works with at least an open suffix for the double damage while focussed craft. Check the budget PoB, we drop Anger and the Anger/Precision watcher's eye which means we don't need reduced mana reservation on the shield.

"
I'll try that out, thanks for the suggestion.

On a similar note, what are we looking for in the cluster jewels? This is my first time using them in a build and I'm not sure which affixes are important (I'm also having trouble finding them on the trade site, if anyone could send me a link for the appropriate filters that would be very helpful).

I noticed that one of the rings in the budget setup has aspect on the avian. Since we're using farrul's fur, would aspect of the cat make sense instead?

Lastly, what's the order of ascendancy importance for this build?

There are a variety of good cluster jewels, my personal favorites are a medium cluster with Eye to Eye + Repeater, and then a second Medium Cluster with Evil Eye + Wish for Death. The large cluster is malleable, can use any generic 2 or 3 mod damage notable large (fire large, ele large, wand large, etc...).

"
InterfectorPL wrote:
What do you think about frostferno? If it's good for budget would you like to socket there boss setup or clear? I have small amount of currency so I have to be a misser :P

Could be good, I chose not to build around it so we're not optimized for it but I'm sure it could potentially be good. Personally, I like Hands of the High templar and crown though, crown is just so good.

"
ched_21h wrote:
Which seed (e.g. number) are we looking for Timeless Jewel? What skill should be instead of Arcane Vision? Thanks for the guide though!

We're not looking for any particular seed. The most important is just getting the Doryani keystone, but ideally anything with a good amount of Fire damage on arcane vision works. Fire damage + fire pen, fire damage + leech. Also, maximum life is nice. So there are a few arcane vision transformations that work well, but the ideal is definitely Fire damage + fire pen.

Last edited by Anbokr on Jul 12, 2020, 1:39:34 AM
This might be a dumb question, but why are the combat focus jewels in sockets where the thresholds aren't met? If it's just for the ele damage with attacks wouldn't rare jewels just be strictly better? I'm sure I'm missing something and the rest of the build looks amazing, I'm just not quite getting that part. Thanks!
"
aaprobot wrote:
This might be a dumb question, but why are the combat focus jewels in sockets where the thresholds aren't met? If it's just for the ele damage with attacks wouldn't rare jewels just be strictly better? I'm sure I'm missing something and the rest of the build looks amazing, I'm just not quite getting that part. Thanks!

The thresholds are met for the jewels.
"
SystemChips wrote:
Also would love to see a video but going to try it none the less

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784902/page/1

check this thread for the gameplay vids. It's a pretty similar build and has quite a few videos.
What is better, Farruls fur or +3 skin of the loyal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info