[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

Alright, thanks for your answer Velyna, I wouldn't bother with it for the moment then :)

"
Duranoth wrote:
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Duranoth wrote:
Hi all. This is my first time working with brands and just trying to get everything together as much as I can.

I am currently feeling low on dps vs bosses. Is there anything big I am missing that is making my boss damage feel really low?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Helm and boot enchant will add ~15% more dps for you, 21/20 storm brand another 10%

Thank you for your help on this!!! I am having a ton of fun with this build and watching everything get frozen.

One more question if anyone has time. How do you go about crafting an end game wand? My wand is lackluster and looking at trade end game wands appear super expensive. Is there a good crafting method?

Craft mine with delve resonator, 3 ways :

1st way : medium base cost but medium fossils/resonator
1) Buy a base wand with fractured +1 lightning spell skill gems
2) Spam 3 slots resonator with Corroded + Metallic + Shuddering fossils
3) If you hit +1 all spells skills gems -> Annul until you have 2 suffix and 1 prefix left
> If you annul +1 all spells, start again from 2)
> If your item isn't broken -> multi mod + trigger + %spell dmg/%extra chaos

2nd way : high base cost but low cost on fossils/resonator spam
1) Buy a base wand with fractured +1 all spell skill gems
2) Spam 1 slot resonator with Metallic fossils
3) If you hit +1 all spells skills gems -> Annul until you have 2 suffix and 1 prefix left
> If you annul +1 lightning spells, start again from 2)

3rd way : no base cost but very expensive fossils/resonator if unlucky
1) Any base wand ilvl 55+
2) Spam 3 slots resonator with Aetheric + Frigid + Scorched
3) If you hit +1 all spells skills gems and +1 lightning spells skills gems -> Annul until you have 2 suffix and 1 prefix left
> If you annul +1 lightning spells or +1 all spell, start again from 2)

Here you are, I would suggest 1st or 2nd method, a base cost is needed to avoid an extremely expensive wand if you are unlucky with it

For all methods, minimum ilvl I would suggest is 83+ to be able to hit t1 critical strike for spell or t1 cast speed during spamming

Don't forget you will need 3 extra ex for your multi mod craft (multi mod cost 2ex and 1ex for %spell/%extra chaos)

If you want an example from 1st method, here is my current (baby) wand
Spoiler

Good luck with your crafting !
Last edited by Swickz on Nov 12, 2021, 1:03:28 PM
Hey.
Been doing this build as a leaguestarter (this league my new offspring has cursed me with an insanely little gametime) and kinda enjoying the playstyle so far.
Except for the brand recall, I mean, with brands lasting only 2 seconds I really dont see the point spending a cast trying to move them from one pack to another cause they are gone by the time I hit brand recall anyway.

I am lvl 87 (took a looong while, kept getting oneshotted by everything in T5 maps and above) and about to transition to LL, but given my low playtime this league Im abit torn if I want to go with Velyna's version of early LL or Oansur's version.

I usually look for tanky builds that can take Sirus' deathbeam in the face and laugh back since I suck at dodging that horrible beam.

Will Velyna's version be able to take those hits without spending insane amount of currency?
Head on? Definetely not. We would need at least 10k ES pool, 75% chaos res or CI and 90% phys damage reduction with insane revovery. Alternatively a solid ES on block, which is why Herald of purity guardians can farm Sirus for shits and giggles. With recent reworks for defences we've lost the utility from blind-previously it was a great addition for everyone, now it only benefits evasion builds.

You can kill him deathless if you know mechanics, otherwise id recommend to try my tanky variant.

I recently switched from zealotry to determination as my damage was "high enough" for me to clear maps and had to boost defenses to completely not care about boss attacks.

My variant is super tanky but not immortal- if you are making stupid mistakes like i do you will die no matter what. My last 4 deaths were:

-fighting vaal temple map trio boss and leaving the one with reflect for last
-afk after maven 10boss fight not realizing i stand in degen pool
-fighting scourge lightning boss with 200stacks and shocked ground that increases damage taken by 50%
-flame dashing out of zana bubble during shaper fight straight into leftover projectile from bullet hell phase

Other than that, its tough.
Last edited by OanSur on Nov 13, 2021, 3:36:28 AM
"
OanSur wrote:
Hello Velyna and everyone else in this topic :)

As i wrote couple days ago i too struggled with survivability during scourge and Sirus encounters. Occasional oneshots happened too often for the build to feel enjoyable once i hit red maps.

Decided to experiment a little bit. Spend a couple exalted orbs to test and try a few things and finally i can tell i have found the perfect combo that can withstand Sirus beam, scourge bosses, Drox fist slam, Veritania barrage and even harvest mobs with soul eater (both devourer and those bears that do a jump slam) and decided to ask about some feedback from person i took the core idea of the build.

https://pastebin.com/y6FRmzH5

I ditched the ghost reaver route and went for block nodes, with thread of hope giving me easy access to both Divine shield and Glancing blows. Then i took some block passives since i was pathing there anyway and replaced boots with Rainbowstrides and shield with Aegis Aurora.
I have 75/74 block chance with 350 ES regained on block. Considering 15k armour from gear, flask and molten shell (+defiance banner), 35% damage reduction from glancing blows, 3 EC and 6.5-7k ES this is one tough cookie for something that stays at range.

I ditched Herald of thunder (damage wise i should drop HoI but i like explosions too much) and one of the auras. I chose to stay with Hatred as the watcher's eye pen is too good and Zealotry cause occasional Consecrated ground is helpful on some boss phases. Damage got lowered by quite a lot but it is still able to zoom through red maps and patiently kill bosses.

Im not suggesting for you to change anything, just asking for your thoughts. Plz notice me sempai :)

Hello i would like to follow your version but i dont realy see the use of the guardian do you think its not better to use Occultist because the only usefull thing in Guardian is Time of Need and maybe Harmony of Purpose also Radiant Faith can be usefull again those annoying metamorph but not that the rest of the time i think, what do you think about it or any other ascendancy you would use ?
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Nov 15, 2021, 9:08:01 PM
If you want to use occultist then it's actually better to follow Velyna's version as it focuses more on DPS. Occultist version has +1 curse, lowers cold Res of enemies nearby and has a little bit of flat ES regen but in terms of survivability all you can utilize is freeze and enfeeble curse, which is better to use on evasion characters.

Guardian is more of a "survivalist" spec as it provides bonus energy shield, bonus armour, endurance, frenzy and power charges, immunity to curses, burst heal every 4 seconds and +20all Res, helpful in managing resistances.
"
OanSur wrote:
If you want to use occultist then it's actually better to follow Velyna's version as it focuses more on DPS. Occultist version has +1 curse, lowers cold Res of enemies nearby and has a little bit of flat ES regen but in terms of survivability all you can utilize is freeze and enfeeble curse, which is better to use on evasion characters.

Guardian is more of a "survivalist" spec as it provides bonus energy shield, bonus armour, endurance, frenzy and power charges, immunity to curses, burst heal every 4 seconds and +20all Res, helpful in managing resistances.

Thank for the reply,

I was about to follow your build but with occultist because Velyna version is not tanky enough i think, and just change the curse in the wand (remove inspiration) to trigger both elemental weakness & assassin mark (or temporal chain) & wave of conviction.

the burst heal every 4 seconds of the guardian work only for life so for ES it is useless no ?
It counts as life regen so it works on ES with Zealoth's Oath keystone.

Hi and thank you Velyna
Hi everyone

Little back story as a warning for ppl doing this build because i did that mistake

Transitionned from life version to LL, had all gears, (amy ring chest head shield boot ) except a trigger wand. Used up 70regret to get the new tree.
And it was .... Bad ... Nothing i was expecting.
I played two whole days like that, got to lvl90, still felt wrong (now this is a real casual player) until i found out why

When you transition all gear and tree ... Change your storm brand links too ...
Since then its been great.

Did a sirus7, did Chimaera, red conquerors

Now then allow me to ask something

Im using a Vixen glove corrupted with ele weakness, wave of conviction and Asn mark on self cast for solid mobs, and boot with aspect of Spider
Dont hv currency for Fenumus corrupted ele weakness, and im fine with self cast

I am seriously thinking about a Asenath gentle touch for better clearing, drop HOI, and link a funny thing somewhere like Chance to flee or more Blind dunno

Question is
Is Asenath touch on brand gonna be GOOD for clearing?

Thanks for reading
Any tips for survival? I seem to be unable to progress past level 92 because of deaths keeping me stuck. Even running blue maps is deadly. Getting ready to scrap this build, shame because I was having fun.

Spoiler
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Try my tweaked version of the build. You will see almost no difference in mapping and only a slightly slower bossing butsurvivability will skyrocket. The original build relied on blind which is gone now as it only affects evasion builds.

With 30k armour and 74/74 block i recover 650ES on block and each block reduces incoming damage by 35%. That reduction works on both physical and elemental hits. For strong damage over tine effects you can pop Vaal Discipline and simply shrug it off.

Unless you run triple or quadruple damage as extra element, crazy high crit map, reduced block or 50% shocked ground you can survive anhthing, even shaper slam to the face.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info