[3.11] Molten Strike Pathfinder || Lab Runner || 5m+ DPS || 80% evasion+ || 58/60% Att/Spell Dodge

I LOVED the depth of your reply, I was sure the Wild seeds give socket-altering crafts but I never knew there's a specific one for them, so I got confused the whole day yesterday ahahah, much appreciated!
Thanks for sharing and writing. The only ranger molten strike build :)

I have small remark look into your PoB.
You could save 2 skill points in the shadow area .. see linked picture.
When you place the green marked points the path is shorter.

Last edited by AnakinSky on Jul 10, 2020, 2:20:02 AM
"
StevenYuki wrote:
I LOVED the depth of your reply, I was sure the Wild seeds give socket-altering crafts but I never knew there's a specific one for them, so I got confused the whole day yesterday ahahah, much appreciated!

I'm glad I could help! Let me know how it goes for you in the end or if you need anymore help! :)

"
AnakinSky wrote:
Thanks for sharing and writing. The only ranger molten strike build :)

I have small remark look into your PoB.
You could save 2 skill points in the shadow area .. see linked picture.
When you place the green marked points the path is shorter.

Dang! That's actually a good point. And in doing so, there's another 1 point you can save by going to the life node from that branch as I did in this picture. Then we're left wondering where we spend these 3 points. I looked at some options, but I think it boils down to what you want?

Do you want more movement speed? Aspect of the Lynx(1). I looked at Quickstep but Aspect of the Lynx grants 1% less(it still grants 5% though) movement speed, but increases your dps marginally more so while also giving you int. So why not.
Do you have mana problems? Essence Sap(2). This gives you the super valuable mana gained on hit, and also mana leech. Which is what we want since we don't want to run a mana flask. (I personally use a MGOH ring)
Do you just want more damage? Blade Dancer(3). Out of anywhere you could spend the 3 points, this nets us the most DPS. And extremely better than Aspect of the Lynx(except no movement speed), and the large jewel socket above acrobatics if you put a super expensive jewel in there. This is the best option imo.

I labeled the nodes 1-2-3 accordingly. I will go back through and re-edit the pastebin for option 3-blade dancer though. But appreciate you taking the time to let me know and finding that! If you find anything else or any other modifications feel free to let me know! :)
Hey, I had accidentally 6linked a queen so I decided to look for a labrunner and stumbled across this build. It looks pretty promising, I've just hit 69 (nice) and am waiting to kill act 10 Kitava until I can harvest craft myself some gloves and rings. One thing, however, is the mana issue. I'm trying to switch off of a thief's torment and into some crafted rings, but I'd really like to not have to waste a point in the essence sap cluster. I know I'm fairly low level and things change once you're 85+, but is the mana issue consistent? Or do you sustain mana somehow in later levels through other means, as I don't see any mana leech or mana on hit in your final POB tree.

Otherwise, I'm loving the build so far, and it looks incredibly promising as an Izaro Killer.
It's really fresh having my molten strike jugg be fast, even if I'm not a huge fan of Dodge/Evade.
"
Hey, I had accidentally 6linked a queen so I decided to look for a labrunner and stumbled across this build. It looks pretty promising, I've just hit 69 (nice) and am waiting to kill act 10 Kitava until I can harvest craft myself some gloves and rings. One thing, however, is the mana issue. I'm trying to switch off of a thief's torment and into some crafted rings, but I'd really like to not have to waste a point in the essence sap cluster. I know I'm fairly low level and things change once you're 85+, but is the mana issue consistent? Or do you sustain mana somehow in later levels through other means, as I don't see any mana leech or mana on hit in your final POB tree.

Otherwise, I'm loving the build so far, and it looks incredibly promising as an Izaro Killer.
It's really fresh having my molten strike jugg be fast, even if I'm not a huge fan of Dodge/Evade.

(Nice). And that's a good observation. Mana is definitely an issue for any molten strike build. I'm only level 85 on that pathfinder anyways and not min-maxed, as lab doesnt give huge amounts of XP, BUT things would NOT change if you kept them the way they are. I do a couple of things differently than my POB. But IDEALLY that is what you would want to do. Practice and theory are two totally different things. I^2R losses dont exist on a piece of paper apparently but do in the real world. But that's a different discussion, so let's just dive right into it. (I wish I could share my characters screen page so everyone could look at it.) This is a picture of one of my rings(the other ring is just resistances and EDWA):

It has the +3 MGOH, and .2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana, and this is all I have for mana sustain. I'm not 100% sure how these exactly work, I just know they work(see my video, I don't have any mana problems). I'm willing to say that the projectiles from MS also procure the 3 MGOH and it takes care of itself(but again not 100%) I have a base mana regen rate of 14.3/s, so that generally covers dash/whirling blades. And then when you stand still and attack, that MGOH covers the rest(as well as maybe the leech). This is also following my POB tree, so I too don't have any leech/mana nodes.

If you want one of these rings here's the link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/Prl4YPJIL
Maybe you could get away with JUST the +3mgoh or maybe you could get away with the .2% mana leech.

But like in the video I showed, this build is GREAT at lab farming. I pretty much keep all my runs around 4-5 minutes(shorter for short layouts). And have no problem with Izaro/Argus with non-min maxed gear. I made way more currency, and more quickly on this pathfinder than I did farming it on my trapper. Just by farming it quicker. I still have yet to try it out with another person to see if I can carry other people for currency as well. But I will put that in the works once the gems get back to the appropriate level from my templar. (Again check out the video and you can see how I fare damage/survivability wise in uber lab). Note: I do die every so often. But as the math I proved out, it's a blue moon.

Anyways, I hope that helps answer your question, in regards to what I do to sustain my mana, which is in fact, sustained :)
"

(Nice). And that's a good observation. Mana is...

Awesome! You did indeed answer my question, going above and beyond. Being a frequent user of molten strike, I can indeed confirm that LGOH and MGOH are both procced by individual balls, so having 14 projectiles can result in something like 42 Life/Mana per attack, not including multistrike.

The real question is; Do you believe this build would be able to take on the new labs? The damage seems a little low for that, but with some min/maxing, maybe? Have you tried yet?

Also, why not have your profile be public? That would allow people to see your character list and such, so they could look at your gear at any time.
"

Awesome! You did indeed answer my question, going above and beyond. Being a frequent user of molten strike, I can indeed confirm that LGOH and MGOH are both procced by individual balls, so having 14 projectiles can result in something like 42 Life/Mana per attack, not including multistrike.

The real question is; Do you believe this build would be able to take on the new labs? The damage seems a little low for that, but with some min/maxing, maybe? Have you tried yet?

Also, why not have your profile be public? That would allow people to see your character list and such, so they could look at your gear at any time.

The reason my profile isn't public, is because my ACTUAL profile is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fieldonfire.
But I played the game on steam first without knowing anything about the game. So it made an account for me and when I link my steam, it goes to this account, so I can't access that account yet ;-; I'm still currently in talks with the support team in order to fix this issue. Until then, this will have to suffice.

So then yea, there ya go. And that's a really good question. I never thought about running those new labs. The rewards seemed lackluster(for Dedication+Tribute to the goddess) and from videos they didn't get anything to good either. I mean, the real money makers are the helm enchants anyways. The only one worth considering would be https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gift_to_the_Goddess as it grants 6 additional uses of the divine font. Right now they are ~50 Chaos but at the beginning of the season they were like 150C, no way was I doing that. And for 6 uses that's about 8.3C/enchant. And you might get one useful enchant? Probably sell that for 60C to a couple exalts really depending. In my video, I got -flicker strike- enchant which sold for about 1.5ex on that devotion (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/BoKVWS8). A normal offering is 2C/enchant. But then there's that whole time/income ratio, and that's too complex for me. And what if you die? 50C down the drain. Versus just 2C and I know I can win. Would you bet $100 on a 50%/50%, or take $50 on a 100% every time? Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't. I can definitely clear juiced up red maps, given decent mods on the pathfinder(I do die randomly, as is the dodge life), so I think it's possible. Might have to bob and weave more, and definitely use enduring cry on the traps should you get hit(but I already do that xD). But that is a good question I can't answer. I think it's possible but until I tried it, I'd have no way to know.

Unfortunately, I'm in the process of making a molten strike inquisitor(templar) to finish the end game. So I need to get him up and level the gems then I can switch the gems over and find out for you. The only thing's to really min-max are the rings/belt(I don't use jewels, but if you had a watcher's eye, I definitely think you could steamroll through it). To which as I've said, none of my gear is min-maxed and I blow through lab perfectly fine. So I want to say it should be fine for those labs :) Just might take a moment longer to phase him and most of his attacks are telegraphed anyways so NBD.

Edit: I should really shorten my responses as well as tldr:
tldr: was too expensive early on in the league and the reward ratio wasn't as promising neither was the math behind it. Leveling up new molten strike character so don't have gems leveled up enough to try them for you, but I believe the damage is there it could possibly take a second longer.
Hey there, me again.

I've noticed that my build seems to be falling a bit short on the dodge/spell dodge aspect. I'm 15% short of your numbers for both, and I can't seem to figure out why. How are you getting to 58/60? Unless I use a vaal grace, I'm at 43/46.
I've looked at gear and tree, and we're basically at the same point for defensive aspects there.
"
Hey there, me again.
I've noticed that my build seems to be falling a bit short on the dodge/spell dodge aspect. I'm 15% short of your numbers for both, and I can't seem to figure out why. How are you getting to 58/60? Unless I use a vaal grace, I'm at 43/46.
I've looked at gear and tree, and we're basically at the same point for defensive aspects there.

You're always welcome back :)
TLDR at the bottom.

I took a look at your character. And you're exactly where you should be in terms of dodge and the 58/60%(if you say you're at 43/46). The only difference though is you're not using an -Alchemist's quartz flask-: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/4myl6VkT9
(attack speed would be the best)

This will bump you up to the 58/60% attack/spell dodge. W/ 20% quality it lasts for 3.5 seconds. Which is fine, since you're pathfinder AND how the ascendancy [Veteran Bowyer] works w/ molten strike ignite. But you're running a -Stibnite Flask-.

So I went ahead and did the math for your scenario. The same build with stibnite flask instead of quartz, from a statistical standpoint. IF, the enemy is inside of the smoke cloud created by the stibnite flask, you actually get a 2% better chance of the enemy missing an attack.

Compared to my earlier picture of 92% chance to be missed. But as soon as the enemy isn't in your smoke cloud, you go down to 89%.

So from 92% with my quartz, there's a deviation of -3%(no smoke cloud)/+2%(smoke cloud). So passively there's a net gain of -1%. AND you miss out on 15% spell dodge. In lab, I don't think that's a huge issue as he is mostly attack based. In mapping, spell dodge would play a bigger role.

So in the end it's up to you. But that's how I got mine that high. I personally would prefer to just hit the flask and zoom zoom VS having to make sure they are in my smoke cloud. IF you wanted, you could use both. 58/60 att/spell dodge + extra evasion from stib + smoke cloud-> (I won't share the stats picture), but you would end up with 96.64% to evade/dodge an attack(as well as 60% spell dodge) WITH the smoke cloud. And since you're running both in this new scenario, you would go up to 93.28% evade/dodge attack chance without the smoke cloud. Which is a +1%/+4% with a deviation of +2.5%. So that would be best case scenario, but you'd need to get rid of a flask. And Cinderswallow+Dying sun add a TON of DPS to molten strike(fyi: getting rid of dying sun causes your DPS to go down by 800k given POB gear)

So I probably went into too much detail.
TLDR: Alchemist Quartz flasks adds 15% att/spell dodge. I ran the math(like a binary/flip flop logic table), quartz=0, stib=0, 01, 10, 11. With 1 = true/0 = false. (With 92% as reference) Stibnite is better for attacks if they are in smoke cloud by +2%. If not it goes down -3%. Both flasks gives you 96% in smoke cloud, 93% not in smoke cloud. So its up to you but both flasks would be great. Dying sun+Cinderswallow add a TON of dps.
"
"
Hey there, me again.

You're always welcome back :)
TLDR at the bottom.

I took a look at your character. And you're exactly where you should be in terms of dodge and the 58/60%(if you say you're at 43/46). The only difference though is you're not using an -Alchemist's quartz flask-: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/4myl6VkT9
(attack speed would be the best)

This will bump you up to the 58/60% attack/spell dodge. W/ 20% quality it lasts for 3.5 seconds. Which is fine, since you're pathfinder AND how the ascendancy [Veteran Bowyer] works w/ molten strike ignite. But you're running a -Stibnite Flask-.

So I went ahead and did the math for your scenario. The same build with stibnite flask instead of quartz, from a statistical standpoint. IF, the enemy is inside of the smoke cloud created by the stibnite flask, you actually get a 2% better chance of the enemy missing an attack.

Compared to my earlier picture of 92% chance to be missed. But as soon as the enemy isn't in your smoke cloud, you go down to 89%.

So from 92% with my quartz, there's a deviation of -3%(no smoke cloud)/+2%(smoke cloud). So passively there's a net gain of -1%. AND you miss out on 15% spell dodge. In lab, I don't think that's a huge issue as he is mostly attack based. In mapping, spell dodge would play a bigger role.

So in the end it's up to you. But that's how I got mine that high. I personally would prefer to just hit the flask and zoom zoom VS having to make sure they are in my smoke cloud. IF you wanted, you could use both. 58/60 att/spell dodge + extra evasion from stib + smoke cloud-> (I won't share the stats picture), but you would end up with 96.64% to evade/dodge an attack(as well as 60% spell dodge) WITH the smoke cloud. And since you're running both in this new scenario, you would go up to 93.28% evade/dodge attack chance without the smoke cloud. Which is a +1%/+4% with a deviation of +2.5%. So that would be best case scenario, but you'd need to get rid of a flask. And Cinderswallow+Dying sun add a TON of DPS to molten strike(fyi: getting rid of dying sun causes your DPS to go down by 800k given POB gear)

So I probably went into too much detail.
TLDR: Alchemist Quartz flasks adds 15% att/spell dodge. I ran the math(like a binary/flip flop logic table), quartz=0, stib=0, 01, 10, 11. With 1 = true/0 = false. (With 92% as reference) Stibnite is better for attacks if they are in smoke cloud by +2%. If not it goes down -3%. Both flasks gives you 96% in smoke cloud, 93% not in smoke cloud. So its up to you but both flasks would be great. Dying sun+Cinderswallow add a TON of dps.

This is perfect, actually. I love seeing the math of which one is better and why. I had completely forgotten about quartz flasks, I went back to the old QOTF flask setup for maxing evasion rating. I'll be grabbing some upgrades in the coming week, including but not limited to, a Dying Sun and a Cinderswallow. Not sure at this point which flask I'll stick with, but thank you very much for the detailed analysis. The attention to detail that you have is the difference between a good guide and a great one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info