[3.11] Molten Strike Pathfinder || Lab Runner || 5m+ DPS || 80% evasion+ || 58/60% Att/Spell Dodge

"

This is perfect, actually. I love seeing the math of which one is better and why. I had completely forgotten about quartz flasks, I went back to the old QOTF flask setup for maxing evasion rating. I'll be grabbing some upgrades in the coming week, including but not limited to, a Dying Sun and a Cinderswallow. Not sure at this point which flask I'll stick with, but thank you very much for the detailed analysis. The attention to detail that you have is the difference between a good guide and a great one.

I was definitely curious as to which combination was better as well, that and I love doing math lol. Interesting to see which is better during certain scenarios. Definitely just be careful of traps running no life flask though. As I said and in the video, I have enduring cry in my off hand setup which gets me through most as I usually get hit once by a trap and then I can zoom past the rest so maybe you can tag that inside. Anymore questions feel free to come on in.
Looks like a very zoom zoom build. Speed is so nice with molten strike.

Here are a few things you might try.
  • Use one beltimber and one grelwood shank instead of dual beltimber. This will save you one point on the tree (Point Blank).
  • Use Slower Projectiles on bosses instead of Concentrated Effect. Switch to Faster Projectiles for clearing. Slower Projectiles will give you 16% more DPS (because a lot more balls will hit the boss per attack) and will make coloring the QoTF a little easier (5 off colors instead of 6).

Here are some PoB and calculator links, assuming I didn't miss anything. These are using Shaper/Guardian/Sirus as the target instead of white mobs. Izaro's resistances are close to Shaper's.
  • Concentrated Effect (PoB, calc): 3.87m DPS vs. Shaper
  • Slower Projectiles (PoB, calc): 4.47m DPS vs. Shaper
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Jul 21, 2020, 11:14:19 PM
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
Looks like a very zoom zoom build. Speed is so nice with molten strike.

Here are a few things you might try.
  • Use one beltimber and one grelwood shank instead of dual beltimber. This will save you one point on the tree (Point Blank).
  • Use Slower Projectiles on bosses instead of Concentrated Effect. Switch to Faster Projectiles for clearing. Slower Projectiles will give you 16% more DPS (because a lot more balls will hit the boss per attack) and will make coloring the QoTF a little easier (5 off colors instead of 6).

Here are some PoB and calculator links, assuming I didn't miss anything. These are using Shaper/Guardian/Sirus as the target instead of white mobs. Izaro's resistances are close to Shaper's.
  • Concentrated Effect (PoB, calc): 3.87m DPS vs. Shaper
  • Slower Projectiles (PoB, calc): 4.47m DPS vs. Shaper

That's actually some really good insight with slower projectiles! And would be a good switch to add more damage overall. Changing elemental damage with attacks w/ ancestral call already provides enough clear speed I think. But I primarily used this for Lab running and generally just needed single target. So slower projectiles would be a good addition.

The reason why we/I don't use grelwood is because you get [Iron Reflexes] when stationary(which as soon as you attack with Molten Strike you are then stationary). This gets rid of all your evasion rating in exchange for armour. Which ruins the point of a generally evasion based build. Which I don't think the build nominally has enough life to run armour and take hits and leech/regen it back. I've even gone further to get rid of life nodes and add even more damage to the build.

To that extent, I've looked at reducing some damage in favour of more life. I've looked into grelwood shanks + more life + leech, and it just doesn't have enough damage that I like. After all I clear Uber Lab super fast with only 3k life. The purpose was to just be super speedy as you said zoom zoom. And I want to hit the gas and not look back. With a couple of gear swaps you could get easily get 400%+ movement speed but you would need to switch back to the POB gear and I'm relatively lazy. But I definitely appreciate the insight with slower projectiles and that's the better way to go! Unfortunately I don't think the grelwoods will work. Anyways, if you have anymore good feedback like that please feel free to let me/us know! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info