[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

What about the new gem Focused Ballista? 35% more attack speed doesn't seems bad D:
"
Scevan wrote:
What about the new gem Focused Ballista? 35% more attack speed doesn't seems bad D:

from what I understand that the focused ballista requires you to attack yourself for it to shoot
so you will have 2 separate links one for you to attack with and another for the totems.
you will also lose a damage increase socket for it.
I don't think it will be worth it
"
Narelen wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Anyone else starting with this?

This is my current thoughts for a fully endgame 'finished' version of this build: https://pastebin.com/36BQdJzf

There's lots of room for adjustment if you want more life, defence, damage etc
A lot of the gear is totally over the top and won't be necessary for clearing endgame content but I've added it there for fun.

Main things to note is that most of the extra jewels aren't necessary, they just add more damage or survivability, I am thinking of swapping out the watcher's eye for a Green Nightmare(this gives us dodge) but don't know how easy they'll be to get this league.

The cluster jewels I haven't touched from the original author's PoB as I'm not entirely sure what I want on them yet and it's hard to gauge DPS numbers without an updated PoB so I'm just leaving them as is and will adjust when PoB is updated. The same applies for the weapon/quiver, I'd probably keep the Rearguard with this setup and see how much of a nerf crafting a rare bow would be.

One major thing I have added is a Replica Farrul's Fur, this should give us more tankiness, consistent frenzy and endurance charges aswell as Onslaught, this will help with damage and keeping us alive with enduring cry. I've also added Vitality into the setup and have planned the tree around grabbing more regen(unnatural instinct) as I'd like to try playing with the new skills at some point and figured I'd need the regen for it to be viable.

I've also decided to drop Frenzy as we already have a way of getting Frenzy charges which leaves us with room to play with other things. I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with apart from a CWDT+Immortal Call but this still leaves us with a few sockets left over.

Hope anyone trying this has fun with it, I'll post back here with how I'm finding the build to be.

Any update on your pob?
Is this in any way doable in HC and not with like only super endgame stuff ? wanna try this out but the dps looks not so good if you take away some endgamestuff.
Is this in any way doable in HC and not with like only super endgame stuff ? wanna try this out but the dps looks not so good if you take away some endgamestuff.
"
gerion123 wrote:

I am not HC expert but it should be doable if you invest more into max attack/spell block.
but as always the more you invest in def you lose on damage.
actually my original PoB is by no means an end game one.
I was just sharing the idea and how I started with it with very cheap investment
you can scale the damage a lot more. the damage should compare to bleed puncture builds if not more
good
Hey there!

I had a lot of fun with this build overall, spent way too much currency on this character but....I actually request help.

Clear is okay, defense is nice, but single target is just nothing.
The character is not finished, but I think with this gear I should be doing a lot more single target damage.

Bosses just don't want to die any faster no matter what I do.

Other thing is mana. If I run out of my eternal mana flask, I have to portal to HO in order to refill, because I just can't place totems without it.

Please keep in mind, that I don't have laying around another 25+ex for the malevolence watcher eye + replica farrul + unnatural inst.

Quick PoB of current gear: https://pastebin.com/DQkUE0g3

Edit: made a video real quick to show how bad the single target dmg is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXF9tlJvhcQ
Last edited by magyarim11 on Aug 21, 2021, 2:30:46 PM
Hi, you need perks with skill effect duration to increase the time to apply fuses for explosive arrow.
A ring with vulnerability increases a lot your damage.
Some enemies don´t move when you attack (and knockback don´t works) that reduces your damage, use crimson dance perk for more damage in that's cases.
A Hunter armor with offerings effect increase, increase your block chance by a high percent giving you more survivability
maybe you can try to put and elegant hubris (victario) like me to have random charges of frenzy and endurance from enemies

https://pastebin.com/LhBKdiu2 is my passive tree, i still have to modify many things, but if it help you.
"
magyarim11 wrote:
Hey there!

I had a lot of fun with this build overall, spent way too much currency on this character but....I actually request help.

Clear is okay, defense is nice, but single target is just nothing.
The character is not finished, but I think with this gear I should be doing a lot more single target damage.

Bosses just don't want to die any faster no matter what I do.

Other thing is mana. If I run out of my eternal mana flask, I have to portal to HO in order to refill, because I just can't place totems without it.

Please keep in mind, that I don't have laying around another 25+ex for the malevolence watcher eye + replica farrul + unnatural inst.

Quick PoB of current gear: https://pastebin.com/DQkUE0g3

Edit: made a video real quick to show how bad the single target dmg is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXF9tlJvhcQ

First I must say that I am really glad that some one still enjoying the build after few leagues :)
From your PoB The main point that lowers the single target dps is the skill duration vs attack speed
you have attack rate of 1.5 and duration of 0.71s
which means you only get about 6 arrows (1 per totem) before the fuses explode
to get the maximum out of exploding arrow you need to reach the 20 fuses mark (24 since you are using the divergent)
so you need to invest more into duration and attack speed until you reach a good balance between the two
The duration is the cheaper option to invest into but can slow the clearing (unless you have enough damage that the single arrow hit is enough to kill trash)
you can increase the duration with
- ignore divergent EA as it reduces the duration a lot (at least for now)
- EA duration helm enchant (should be cheap as no one uses it)
- use efficacy support (after the current nerfs it looks better than unbound ailments on PoB)
- get duration nodes on the tree

for attack speed
- get more attack speed from tree
- get bow with more local attack speed and use Asenath Chant for triggering spells
- get totem cluster node that gives onslaught on totem summon

For the mana problem you can try to get rings with flat reduced mana cost and replica Conqueror Efficiency

later in the game depending on your budget you can invest in stuff like
- physical multi on gloves and amulet
- faster bleed on boots
- steel rings with high physical damage
- end game bleed bow
Last edited by ebadr on Aug 21, 2021, 9:47:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info