[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
Kupsik84 wrote:
hi man 1 question is there any point using primordial might ?? i dont have enought mana to cast golem during fights

We aren’t recasting golems during fights. Might gives agressive behavior to minions.
However, i’d reformulate the question: is might better than eminence? Latter gives more dmg in pob. I know the OP have tried both - what’s your view on this?
And another question: why do we need generosity? It’s 3% dmg in pob. Is the area not enough without it?
P.S. finally leveled to 75 and equipped all the must have gear, having a blast! :)
can anyone link me a pob that display proper damage? mine just shows 17k
"
Triapka wrote:
"
Kupsik84 wrote:
hi man 1 question is there any point using primordial might ?? i dont have enought mana to cast golem during fights

We aren’t recasting golems during fights. Might gives agressive behavior to minions.
However, i’d reformulate the question: is might better than eminence? Latter gives more dmg in pob. I know the OP have tried both - what’s your view on this?
And another question: why do we need generosity? It’s 3% dmg in pob. Is the area not enough without it?
P.S. finally leveled to 75 and equipped all the must have gear, having a blast! :)

I said this to someone else, But I think aggressive minions are dangerous to use because they can potentially run out of your aura range, losing energy shield and resistances to be able to survive big hits if they were to take them. Aggressive just causes them to increase the range that they can stay away from you as well as their aggro range so while they can run ahead of you and kill mobs far, they can also fall behind.

For my character at least, having generosity on dread banner causes it give our minions 60% impale chance linked together with the skill gem makes it 100%. Without it I get 98%, obviously if u prefer to use it for another link go ahead but I prefer to have that 100% and looking at the owners PoB, he manages to get 100% without the generosity so it's up to you.

Edit: After looking at your character your also missing blood magic linked to your raise spectre, without blood magic the spectre's won't be casting their abilities to give frenzy charges and power charges(depending on spectre) as frequently as they should.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 1, 2020, 10:26:37 AM
"
Nuboo wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:
"
Kupsik84 wrote:

I said this to someone else, But I think aggressive minions are dangerous to use because they can potentially run out of your aura range, losing energy shield and resistances to be able to survive big hits if they were to take them. Aggressive just causes them to increase the range that they can stay away from you as well as their aggro range so while they can run ahead of you and kill mobs far, they can also fall behind.

For my character at least, having generosity on dread banner causes it give our minions 60% impale chance linked together with the skill gem makes it 100%. Without it I get 98%, obviously if u prefer to use it for another link go ahead but I prefer to have that 100% and looking at the owners PoB, he manages to get 100% without the generosity so it's up to you.

Edit: After looking at your character your also missing blood magic linked to your raise spectre, without blood magic the spectre's won't be casting their abilities to give frenzy charges and power charges(depending on spectre) as frequently as they should.

Nuboo, thanks a lot for the full-dressed answer, appreciate it!
The point on distance from aggressive behaviour Is clear. I definitely read it in your previous post - now i remember. I haven’t run higher than t10 yet, so no issues with survivability obviously. I wonder if it impacts map clearing speed...like a trade off for higher risk to loose a golem or is just a pure loss in dmg and survivability vs eminence jewel.
Good point on blood magic - i have to double check the gem slots as i still haven’t put all the gems in the links properly, thanks for this!
Fun build, really different.

I can't work out how to get clarity on my blood magic. Do I just need more life nodes on my tree to make it work? Not a big deal, I have no mana problems. Just not sure why I can't replicate it 1-1

I'm at 89% all res, so I must be a little short on aura effect.
Last edited by Scarecrow1990 on Jul 1, 2020, 1:11:51 PM
How important is it for us to get 90% resistance? does it make a big difference?

89 fire
89 cold
87 lightning
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:

I can't work out how to get clarity on my blood magic. Do I just need more life nodes on my tree to make it work? Not a big deal, I have no mana problems. Just not sure why I can't replicate it 1-1

Your blood magic gem is level 1. Its honestly impressive that the rest of the reservations still fit in at that level. Also a bunch of your gems are lvl 1 which is going to really lower the value they are giving you

"
How important is it for us to get 90% resistance? does it make a big difference?

89 fire
89 cold
87 lightning

1% max resistance is equal to 4% less damage taken. Generally considered 2.5 points worth of defensive nodes. Important to note is that 200% effectiveness of aura effect is not just worth it for the extra max resistance but also giving an extra 1% attack per aura which is 9% attack speed to you and your minions
Last edited by WaffleT on Jul 1, 2020, 1:45:28 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:

Your blood magic gem is level 1. Its honestly impressive that the rest of the reservations still fit in at that level. Also a bunch of your gems are lvl 1 which is going to really lower the value they are giving you

"

89 fire
89 cold
87 lightning

1% max resistance is equal to 4% less damage taken. Generally considered 2.5 points worth of defensive nodes. Important to note is that 200% effectiveness of aura effect is not just worth it for the extra max resistance but also giving an extra 1% attack per aura which is 9% attack speed to you and your minions

ok thanks for the info, im currently trying to improve my gems further and maybe get the replenish and 25% attack instead of replenish/first among us,

can you help me with my paste bin https://pastebin.com/4ekbWwJd mine doesn't show as much as damage as yours it just shows 4.72 combined dps
"
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:

"

89 fire
89 cold
87 lightning

ok thanks for the info, im currently trying to improve my gems further and maybe get the replenish and 25% attack instead of replenish/first among us,

can you help me with my paste bin https://pastebin.com/4ekbWwJd mine doesn't show as much as damage as yours it just shows 4.72 combined dps

If you're talking about 25% small passive effect(not attack) + replenish in a 6 passive medium cluster its exactly the same in % effect but better in terms of overall potential.

6 Passives (Replenish + 25% small passive effect + 1 Socket) = 8 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 36% non-curse aura effect

6 Passives (Replenish + First among equals + 1 socket) = 8 + 10 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 36% non-curse aura effect

(OPTIONAL AND NOT RECOMMENDED) 6 Passives (First among equals + 25% small passive effect + 1 socket) = 10 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 38% non-curse aura effect

Would recommend the first combination if you have an extra suffix mod giving you attributes or regeneration for the 25% small passive effect to apply to it.
(Correct me if im wrong)

Your pastebin isn't working for me but i'm going to assume that you haven't put the extra mods onto the amulet just like the owner has because certain parts of the Carrion Golem aren't calculated properly.

Edit: If you're looking to make jewels, wait until the cluster jewel changes this week are made because sockets are now moved to the top enchantment area meaning u can easily roll your jewels.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2885363
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 1, 2020, 5:44:10 PM
"
Your pastebin isn't working for me but i'm going to assume that you haven't put the extra mods onto the amulet just like the owner has because certain parts of the Carrion Golem aren't calculated properly.

Edit: If you're looking to make jewels, wait until the cluster jewel changes this week are made because sockets are now moved to the top enchantment area meaning u can easily roll your jewels.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2885363
[/quote] thanks for info, i'll hold on for my jewels for now.

Thanks for explaining, I'll hold on for now and upgrade later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info