3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
smokeycat wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker, Just to let you know I never quite gave up trying this build. Manage to have reached level 84 at moment which is pretty good for this 67 year old. getting to love bladestorm and finding that herald of purity helps a lot. So thanks a lot for a fun build and good luck to all in these troubled times.
Hey smokeycat! I'm glad you're still having a great time! Bladestorm is really cool and Herald of Purity is a nice addition! I hope you're well as well. Thanks for the kind post.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Darius167 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey guys, I love this build and I've been having a blast with it. I am however struggling with it at awakening level 5 t16 maps.. I die often and bosses take a long time to die. Do you have any gear upgrade recommendation? I have a few ex spare to invest on this awesome character.
Hey Darius167! I'm glad you're having such a good time with the build. Improving your weapon's "increased physical damage %" and "adds physical damage" mods will be a massive help to your damage. In terms of survivability, there are a few items that need an "immediate" life upgrade. Obviously that comes when the items actually drop, but with low or average life rolls along with saving some life nodes for the end of the tree, it's understandable to struggle with survivability now. The levelling will come, so those life nodes will be selected eventually. So find gear with better life rolls as a place to start (obviously that's tricky on a 6-link).

I'm glad you're having a great time though. Just wait until your gems are level 20 :). It'll really pick up.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
nicemoki wrote:
Spoiler
just made level 90, still going strong, T15 red maps no issues, even fully loaded with sextants and fragments. I prefer mining than mapping, so running maps primarily to get sulfite, haven't bought scarabs yet, but about time I think. I finally did get an exalted orb to drop, just don't know what to spend it on, gear wise I'm not hurting too bad.

Thanks again.. your guide rocks, as does this build.
Thanks nicemoki!

That's very nice of you! I'm glad you're enjoying the build so much and having such a great time with it. Great job! And thanks for taking the time to be so encouraging. I really appreciate it :).

Annnnnd

the path of building link seems to be missing some things, is that normal?
Picked up this build for the last 4 weeks of the league. I like Harvest and it's great for early crafting (even though lategame crafting is completely overpowered which is why it's not coming to core once the league ends), but I quickly lost interest after only a couple of days, probably the fastest I've dropped a league since... 2015?

Anyway, I decided to pick up the game again and I rolled Hardcore Solo Self-Found using this guide, and it was a bit slow-going at first but it's about what I expected for a block-based build. Mana issues were a pain to deal with and I felt the life leech was a bit lacking for Vaal Pact, so I decided to pick up this entire wheel:

Spoiler

After taking this wheel, the entire leveling process was so effortless (but still very slow) up until Act 10, where Avarius was pretty scary (I almost got one-shotted by the big statue's attack) and Kitava was an absolutely dreadful experience (too many DoTs plus big hits that have a 1-in-5 chance of failing to block) since you don't obliterate him in seconds like a lot of the other builds I've played in my time.

Gearing was pretty whack because rolling socket colors on your weapon/shield for the Tempest Shield-Culling Strike link with so few resources is a pain in the ass. Getting Life on gear is also very annoying, despite having Harvest crafting, as you still need to meet a certain life pool threshold before going into maps or you're going to risk getting one-shot.

Scrounging up enough Life is going to be the biggest challenge for endgame, but once you get enough defences, I feel like this is going to be a very comfy and effortless build to push red maps and bosses with.

Is it HCSSF viable? Well, I'll find out in the near future soon enough.

Update Sep. 5, 2020: I died doing Atziri at the Trio @ Lvl 76. Couldn't block enough big hits. Oh well, it was worth a try. I didn't really feel like playing this league anyway.

Final verdict: It's not as tanky as it sounds, not for HC SSF at least. Having Block as your only mitigation and no movement skill or CWDT setup is a huge struggle. Couple that with the struggle of scrounging up enough life both on the tree and on gear makes the game more scary with Vaal Pact, whereas Vaal Pact forces you to get either a ton of attack speed and a skill that hits multiple times (Bladestorm only hits like 3-5 times over about 2 seconds) or getting a Soul Tether with some big DPS skill where attack speed doesn't have to be a factor (but this build doesn't do big DPS at all). I would prefer dropping Leech + Vaal Pact as the sustaining tool and would rather pick up Life Regen nodes and 7+ Endurance Charges.
Clear speed is beyond abysmal to where I had to throw on Infernal Cry to replace Berserk/Intimidating Cry. I was actually feeling more stressed not clearing the map as fast as my other builds than I do worrying about piano-keying my flasks on other characters.
Last edited by ChaoMing on Sep 5, 2020, 5:57:38 PM
Hey and thanks for the great guides! Im a fresh player and giving trigger happy a try.

In regards to the item filters i was wondering if there was a way to change the colour of the scrolls of wisdom and such? I am finding it hard to spot them in the dark blue colour 😵

Thanks again for all your efforts that goes into these guides!
There is some way that sirius dont takes 2 days to die with this build?
"
solidinverse wrote:
Spoiler
the path of building link seems to be missing some things, is that normal?
Hey solidinverse!

I'm really sorry for the late response! I forgot to post on my guides that I was going away for over a week. I'm sorry to make you wait.

What sort of things is it missing? I design my builds with the "bare bones" so that I know that the build will still be good even at its worst. I paste the PoB simply for those that use PoB. People are welcome to add what they like in terms of times to see potential and such. (Obviously I have to have a melee weapon in there for a melee skill though.)

Does that answer your question or did I miss something vital? (I'm happy to make changes for sure so let me know.)

Annnnnd

"
ChaoMing wrote:
Spoiler
Picked up this build for the last 4 weeks of the league. I like Harvest and it's great for early crafting (even though lategame crafting is completely overpowered which is why it's not coming to core once the league ends), but I quickly lost interest after only a couple of days, probably the fastest I've dropped a league since... 2015?

Anyway, I decided to pick up the game again and I rolled Hardcore Solo Self-Found using this guide, and it was a bit slow-going at first but it's about what I expected for a block-based build. Mana issues were a pain to deal with and I felt the life leech was a bit lacking for Vaal Pact, so I decided to pick up this entire wheel:

Spoiler

After taking this wheel, the entire leveling process was so effortless (but still very slow) up until Act 10, where Avarius was pretty scary (I almost got one-shotted by the big statue's attack) and Kitava was an absolutely dreadful experience (too many DoTs plus big hits that have a 1-in-5 chance of failing to block) since you don't obliterate him in seconds like a lot of the other builds I've played in my time.

Gearing was pretty whack because rolling socket colors on your weapon/shield for the Tempest Shield-Culling Strike link with so few resources is a pain in the ass. Getting Life on gear is also very annoying, despite having Harvest crafting, as you still need to meet a certain life pool threshold before going into maps or you're going to risk getting one-shot.

Scrounging up enough Life is going to be the biggest challenge for endgame, but once you get enough defences, I feel like this is going to be a very comfy and effortless build to push red maps and bosses with.

Is it HCSSF viable? Well, I'll find out in the near future soon enough.

Update Sep. 5, 2020: I died doing Atziri at the Trio @ Lvl 76. Couldn't block enough big hits. Oh well, it was worth a try. I didn't really feel like playing this league anyway.

Final verdict: It's not as tanky as it sounds, not for HC SSF at least. Having Block as your only mitigation and no movement skill or CWDT setup is a huge struggle. Couple that with the struggle of scrounging up enough life both on the tree and on gear makes the game more scary with Vaal Pact, whereas Vaal Pact forces you to get either a ton of attack speed and a skill that hits multiple times (Bladestorm only hits like 3-5 times over about 2 seconds) or getting a Soul Tether with some big DPS skill where attack speed doesn't have to be a factor (but this build doesn't do big DPS at all). I would prefer dropping Leech + Vaal Pact as the sustaining tool and would rather pick up Life Regen nodes and 7+ Endurance Charges.
Clear speed is beyond abysmal to where I had to throw on Infernal Cry to replace Berserk/Intimidating Cry. I was actually feeling more stressed not clearing the map as fast as my other builds than I do worrying about piano-keying my flasks on other characters.
Hey ChaoMing!

I'm really sorry for the late response! I forgot to post on my guides that I was going away for over a week. I'm sorry to make you wait.

Thanks for the honest and thorough reply. I'm sorry you didn't like the build but I appreciate you the time you put into it.

Did you use a Gladiator? I went to go take a look at your character and didn't see any Glads. Obviously you may have deleted it but some people like to try this build with other ascendancies. I was just curious to take a look.

Annnnnd

"
Omegle wrote:
Spoiler
Hey and thanks for the great guides! Im a fresh player and giving trigger happy a try.

In regards to the item filters i was wondering if there was a way to change the colour of the scrolls of wisdom and such? I am finding it hard to spot them in the dark blue colour 😵

Thanks again for all your efforts that goes into these guides!
Hey Omegle!

Thanks for your thanks! Welcome to the game! I hope you enjoy it.

There is a way for you to change the colour of scrolls if you wish, but it'd make the filter "your own" and you wouldn't get any updates if I made any changes. I may make scrolls a different colour while levelling for 3.12 though. I the mean time, go to my filter page and COPY the filter(s) you use. Once inside, "ctrl-F" the term "wisdom". You'll see a bunch of gibberish but also you'll see the RBG colour code for the scrolls. Replace my colour code with any RBG colour code you like. When you go to save the filter, it'll let you know if you made a mistake or not.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the honest feedback and thanks again for taking the time to be encouraging :).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info