3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! CURSE HAPPY (CI): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

Hi there,

Awesome build! I've been looking through the POB and have a question about it. POB is telling me that Elemental Equilibrium would give a massive damage boost, which surprises me? Is POB not taking everything into account?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, is a bit off-topic, or is a newbie question.

Thank you!
"
HappyPuddi wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there,

Awesome build! I've been looking through the POB and have a question about it. POB is telling me that Elemental Equilibrium would give a massive damage boost, which surprises me? Is POB not taking everything into account?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, is a bit off-topic, or is a newbie question.

Thank you!
Hey HappyPuddi!

Thanks! And great question too! It's not a rookie question at all...and if it was, who cares! ;).

EE (Elemental Equilibrium) is an amazing damage boost but it's only a massive boost if YOU have HIT with non-cold damage. Vortex has two stages: it has a cold explosion that HITS and then there's the DOT on the ground. So, to make EE work with this build, you have to HIT an enemy with non-cold damage after the cold HIT explosion, every time after you cast Vortex.

There's nothing wrong with that at all! Lots of people call Vortex a 3-button build. I don't do it because I aim for the relaxing 1-button style.

Does that help? Great question. It wasn't off-topic at all.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
"
HappyPuddi wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there,

Thank you!
Hey HappyPuddi!

Thanks! And great question too! It's not a rookie question at all...and if it was, who cares! ;).

EE (Elemental Equilibrium) is an amazing damage boost but it's only a massive boost if YOU have HIT with non-cold damage. Vortex has two stages: it has a cold explosion that HITS and then there's the DOT on the ground. So, to make EE work with this build, you have to HIT an enemy with non-cold damage after the cold HIT explosion, every time after you cast Vortex.

There's nothing wrong with that at all! Lots of people call Vortex a 3-button build. I don't do it because I aim for the relaxing 1-button style.

Does that help? Great question. It wasn't off-topic at all.

Hey there,

Thank you for your kind reply! That answers my question. I will likely play this build during the next expansion. I've been itching to play Witch and this build has been on my radar for a while.

"
HappyPuddi wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there,

Thank you for your kind reply! That answers my question. I will likely play this build during the next expansion. I've been itching to play Witch and this build has been on my radar for a while.

Anytime HappyPuddi!

Ask anything you like, anytime! There are going to be some changes to curses coming in 3.12 so hopefully the changes that will come to this build will be easy to decide between before league launch.

Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate it :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I just came back to the game after a few years and was looking for an easy, not overly complicated build and this one seems pretty good for cheap, especially since I had a lot of the higher end items to begin with.

I do have a question though, what purpose does the Frostbite gem serve in the boots?
"
Freakynorm wrote:
Spoiler
I just came back to the game after a few years and was looking for an easy, not overly complicated build and this one seems pretty good for cheap, especially since I had a lot of the higher end items to begin with.

I do have a question though, what purpose does the Frostbite gem serve in the boots?
Hey Freakynorm!

Cool! Lots has changed in a couple years! I hope you still like the game. The expansion coming out in a week will change curses quite a bit!

Frostbite is on CwDT just to guarantee that its damage boost is applied no matter what auras you choose. Even if you choose Frostbite as an aura, I still like it to be applied to enemies outside my Blasphemy's range so that they die quicker when I get to them.

Good question. Let me know if you have more.

Annnnnd

Yeah, I kinda figured it out last night as to why you had it in 2 spots.

The build is fun. I am liking running malevolence and frostbite auras over Enfeeble, Temporal Chains and Discipline. The damage output is so much better and as long as I am paying attention, I don't die.

I've got 9.5k ES and tons of mana left so I am using these flasks with 1 mana flask and 2 quartz.

I was thinking of foregoing the Whispers of Doom node and putting the 4 extra points elsewhere. Any suggestions? Also, I got a amulet with an anointing modifier

Do I actually have to have the links all the to that node on the passive tree or do I get the effect regardless? I couldn't tell from reading on the wiki.

Thanks again for the easy and understandable builds. There were other builds I looked at but the people who put the guides together write it up for super pro players and it's not very newbie friendly. You have a lot of info in your build guide and you explain everything really well. Nice work!
Hey Wrecker,

After doing Righteous Fire in 3.11, I figure this build will be cool for 3.12.

Looking forward to the guide update.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
Freakynorm wrote:
Also, I got a amulet with an anointing modifier

Do I actually have to have the links all the to that node on the passive tree or do I get the effect regardless? I couldn't tell from reading on the wiki

You just get the node.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
I just wanted to say, thanks for a really well written guide. Love DoT Occulstists and this build is a true leaguestarter, SSF viable. Honest 100%. Gotta love that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info