3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! CURSE HAPPY (CI): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Well, yes, of course. .95 and 1.2 secs are not that different. But, I looked and gem quality level doesn't go to cooldown. It is area of effect, or something.

You need to have Vortex level 21. It gives 80% cooldown recovery speed instead of 76% with level 20.
"
Ruagg wrote:
Spoiler
Well, yes, of course. .95 and 1.2 secs are not that different. But, I looked and gem quality level doesn't go to cooldown. It is area of effect, or something.

I got to wondering how fast it could fire, and that is only as fast as mana can recharge.

IAC, I can report that after a gear audit, I found the mana leak and full link vortex is down to 69 mana. Still having a lot of fun with this build.
Awesome Ruagg! I'm glad you found it!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey all and thanks Wrecker for the concise builds you provide to the community.

Guys I am a returning player after a hiatus of more than three years. Decided to focus mainly on my Occultist for starters. Obviously things are very different to what I remember. You can have a look at my gear (that I had used for my previous builds) minus the helmet. I have gathered all the proposed gems for the build in hand but I need some tips on gear.

I suppose my stuff is decent for the ES/CI play style. Any recommendations regarding mods or possible unique alternatives? As for the helmet, I could go find a well rolled rare but I also saw some people preferring one among three unique helmets - namely Heretic's Veil, Doedre's Scorn and Rime Gaze.

As a side note I am considering Bated Breath as an alternative for a belt.

In short, any helpful tips are very welcome!
Last edited by NaineNoire on Aug 20, 2020, 5:39:54 AM
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Spoiler
Hey all and thanks Wrecker for the concise builds you provide to the community.

Guys I am a returning player after a hiatus of more than three years. Decided to focus mainly on my Occultist for starters. Obviously things are very different to what I remember. You can have a look at my gear (that I had used for my previous builds) minus the helmet. I have gathered all the proposed gems for the build in hand but I need some tips on gear.

I suppose my stuff is decent for the ES/CI play style. Any recommendations regarding mods or possible unique alternatives? As for the helmet, I could go find a well rolled rare but I also saw some people preferring one among three unique helmets - namely Heretic's Veil, Doedre's Scorn and Rime Gaze.

As a side note I am considering Bated Breath as an alternative for a belt.

In short, any helpful tips are very welcome!
Hey NaineNoire!

Thanks for your thanks :). I'm glad they're helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to be kind.

Your gear looks great! Your weapon is way better than mine! The priority with CI builds is your ES of course so the next step, if RNG is on your side is to improve your 4-links and accessories in that regard. Heretic's Veil and Doedre's Scorn are good options for the build if you want. Rime Gaze and Bated Breathe are good short term options I think unless your other rares are amazing. Personally, I have always enjoyed the hunt for a better rare than the one I have equipped, no matter the stage of the game I'm at.

I hope that helps!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks for your reply W :)

I decided that I can do without uniques. I will second that hunting for "that" rare is a feeling into itself!. Yeah, I am rather proud of my wand heh.

One aspect I'd like more insight is cluster jewels. I think I understand how they function but for some reason I cannot filter search for them via the PoE Trade filters. I am looking for anything ES relative - mainly.

As for my damage, I am a little on the fence. Currently my Vortex does 9925 dam per use with total spell damage being 7940-11910. Unsure if it is as it should be or it is kinda lowish.

Edit: I am blind. That's the initial hit. The DoT goes over 110k
Last edited by NaineNoire on Aug 22, 2020, 12:04:03 PM
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for your reply W :)

I decided that I can do without uniques. I will second that hunting for "that" rare is a feeling into itself!. Yeah, I am rather proud of my wand heh.

One aspect I'd like more insight is cluster jewels. I think I understand how they function but for some reason I cannot filter search for them via the PoE Trade filters. I am looking for anything ES relative - mainly.

As for my damage, I am a little on the fence. Currently my Vortex does 9925 dam per use with total spell damage being 7940-11910. Unsure if it is as it should be or it is kinda lowish.

Edit: I am blind. That's the initial hit. The DoT goes over 110k
Awesome NaineNoire! I'm glad you found the DOT numbers. The Tooltip in game isn't the most accurate but it helps for some questions.

Cluster Jewels are a massive "world". I don't know how to search for specific jewel mods honestly. I play SSF and so I just take what drops. But keep in mind that there are a TON of relevant jewels for any build. There are some awesome DOT nodes, Curse nodes, ES nodes...I can imagine that it's lots to search for...but I'm sorry that I can't help with the trade part.

Annnnnd

No worries W. Got myself a medium cluster jewel with 2 yummy notables and 5 passives that all add 4% to cold damage multiplier - tip for filters, just use key words like multiplier and/or energy shield.

My Vortex DoT now stands at 150k but I keep hearing people boasting of double or triple that number - some of over a million. No clue how that's attainable.

On that note, contemplating incorporating Elemental Equilibrium. This would involve attaining the trigger socked gems on skill activation mod and the swapping of Storm Brand, Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms into the wand sockets. BUT I am unsure of how this is going to pan out as I would need to stop spamming Vortex and wait for the non-cold elements to apply the debuff first.

PS- Looking for a reliable crafter on Standard!
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Spoiler
No worries W. Got myself a medium cluster jewel with 2 yummy notables and 5 passives that all add 4% to cold damage multiplier - tip for filters, just use key words like multiplier and/or energy shield.

My Vortex DoT now stands at 150k but I keep hearing people boasting of double or triple that number - some of over a million. No clue how that's attainable.

On that note, contemplating incorporating Elemental Equilibrium. This would involve attaining the trigger socked gems on skill activation mod and the swapping of Storm Brand, Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms into the wand sockets. BUT I am unsure of how this is going to pan out as I would need to stop spamming Vortex and wait for the non-cold elements to apply the debuff first.

PS- Looking for a reliable crafter on Standard!
I considered EE a lot while making this build, NaineNoire. Lots. But at the end of the day, I didn't like multiple required button spamming to keep the positive effects of EE up all the time. Orb of Storms or Brand, as you mentioned, would likely be the most hands-free reliable way to go about it.

Don't worry about other people's DPS numbers. A lot of it is based on perfect circumstances that can't be 100% maintained along with needing insane gear. But another thing to remember is that this is a defence-first build. So we won't have crazy DPS numbers here. Your numbers are awesome and will keep going up though! So great job!

Annnnnd

OK wrecker, you got me hooked. Got your build gladiator to 90, decided to try something I've never tried, so your witch occultist got me. Now I took the tree toward CI, but held off on grabbing it until I had 1400 ES. I know that's nuts, but your guide said to learn boss builds and with in your face gladiator...they die fast but I just don't learn anything. So here I am, garbage gear that dropped, a tabula (thats cheating i know), bought all gems for the build with other char, and patiently fought my way to level 38 to use the gems.
Interesting build, actually died less than with a chieftain wielding an ONI, but that's another story...I'm basically walking thru the acts dropping vortex as I go, occasional frost bolt for those far away mobs, and running circles around bosses. Not using temporal chains yet, I get more damage with discipline and enfeeble.
So I'm having a ball, then suddenly noticed I'm in Act 7, so I grabbed CI to see how bad it is. I blink and I'm in Act 8...and then I realize I haven't done any lab's yet, an entire act with CI and no Vile Bastion...
Needless to say I did my first lab (effortless), will do 2nd lab in the morning, it's late here. I will hit maps on Sunday, need to go fly my RC airplanes tomorrow in 104 degree heat, yeah I'm nuts, I already know that.

So what's in store for me in the Next league.. Got any new build Ideas floating around?
Last edited by nicemoki on Aug 29, 2020, 12:13:05 AM
"
nicemoki wrote:
Spoiler
OK wrecker, you got me hooked. Got your build gladiator to 90, decided to try something I've never tried, so your witch occultist got me. Now I took the tree toward CI, but held off on grabbing it until I had 1400 ES. I know that's nuts, but your guide said to learn boss builds and with in your face gladiator...they die fast but I just don't learn anything. So here I am, garbage gear that dropped, a tabula (thats cheating i know), bought all gems for the build with other char, and patiently fought my way to level 38 to use the gems.
Interesting build, actually died less than with a chieftain wielding an ONI, but that's another story...I'm basically walking thru the acts dropping vortex as I go, occasional frost bolt for those far away mobs, and running circles around bosses. Not using temporal chains yet, I get more damage with discipline and enfeeble.
So I'm having a ball, then suddenly noticed I'm in Act 7, so I grabbed CI to see how bad it is. I blink and I'm in Act 8...and then I realize I haven't done any lab's yet, an entire act with CI and no Vile Bastion...
Needless to say I did my first lab (effortless), will do 2nd lab in the morning, it's late here. I will hit maps on Sunday, need to go fly my RC airplanes tomorrow in 104 degree heat, yeah I'm nuts, I already know that.

So what's in store for me in the Next league.. Got any new build Ideas floating around?
Hey nicemoki!

I'm really sorry for the late response! I forgot to post on my guides that I was going away for over a week. I'm sorry to make you wait.

That was a really nice message! Thank you for taking the time to be so encouraging :). I'm glad you're having such a great time with the build! When I first started playing with the idea I was really surprised how much survivability there was as well. Curses are just so fun. We'll have to see what 3.12's Curse Revamps are like hey?

Funny you should ask about next league. I'm currently testing out a revamp of my guides as well (even though I hate making changes to them). But I'm so in love with minions that it's really hard having guides that aren't minions. But I'm playing with an idea that has your Occultist using maxed out curses with minions and it seems amazing on paper. Hopefully it does well in gameplay. We'll have to see how much time I have before 3.12 to test out the idea before patch notes. I likely won't be able to make any major guide changes (besides tweaks for the new league) until 3.13.

Thanks again for the kind message and I'm sorry it took so long to respond. I'm glad you're having fun.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info