3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Hellzwraith wrote:

got this as my weapon now

That would be pretty nice, but there is a big problem:

The "Adds X Fire damage" causes your weapon to hit with fire, which messed up Elemental Equilibrium. You will constantly increase enemies' fire resistance every time you hit them with that weapon (= with any skill doing weapon dmg, such as Cyclone).

For Elemental Equilibrium to work you want to never hit enemies with Fire, only with other elements so their Fire res is constantly decreasing, eventually into the negative.

RF itself doesn't hit with fire, it burns, which game mechanic wise does not count as a hit.

You also don't want "Adds X Fire damage to spells" for the same reason because any spell that hits, such as Ball Lightning (or whatever you pair Curse on Hit with) will again increase enemy Fire resist.
"
StormHUN wrote:
"
Hellzwraith wrote:

Unavailable

That would be pretty nice, but there is a big problem:

The "Adds X Fire damage" causes your weapon to hit with fire, which messed up Elemental Equilibrium. You will constantly increase enemies' fire resistance every time you hit them with that weapon (= with any skill doing weapon dmg, such as Cyclone).

For Elemental Equilibrium to work you want to never hit enemies with Fire, only with other elements so their Fire res is constantly decreasing, eventually into the negative.

RF itself doesn't hit with fire, it burns, which game mechanic wise does not count as a hit.

You also don't want "Adds X Fire damage to spells" for the same reason because any spell that hits, such as Ball Lightning (or whatever you pair Curse on Hit with) will again increase enemy Fire resist.

Hey there folks,

Luckily for Hellzraith, 'adds...fire damage' is a local mod on weapon (meaning it will only affect skills socketed in weapon) and as it's auras only it's safe. It's not a clear mechanic at all sadly, caught me out before and I re-rolled a nice sceptre unnecessarily!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
OK I thought only skills socketed were effected by fire mods but wasnt sure - so before I bought this I read this post from Wrecker...

Here's an example of some of the mods and gear I'd eventually aim for.

(68) Void Sceptre(s):
Implicit: 40% increased Elemental Damage
Prefix:
- (78) - +(34–38)% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier (Drops)
- (84) - (100–109)% increased Fire Damage
- (2) - +1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems (Drops)
Suffix:
- (82) - +(16–18)% to Damage over Time Multiplier
- (76) - (27–30)% increased Fire Damage (Drops)
- (60) - (26–30)% increased Burning Damage

But does the crafted Mod I put on it still work ?? Or does it have to say 16-18% to damage over time MULTIPLIER ?? or is the one I put on there the same thing ??
In game since Minotaur League..
Last edited by Hellzwraith on Sep 11, 2020, 4:46:47 PM
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
OK I thought only skills socketed were effected by fire mods but wasnt sure - so before I bought this I read this post from Wrecker...

(68) Void Sceptre(s):
Prefix:
Suffix:

But does the crafted Mod I put on it still work ?? Or does it have to say 16-18% to damage over time MULTIPLIER ?? or is the one I put on there the same thing ??

Hey there.
All your mods on weapon work globally except the one mentioned (adds 68-129 fire damage). Your crit will apply to cyclone and your burning damage and damage over time will apply to RF. Damage over time multiplier is the best possible mod you can have, but the ones you have compliment the build great don't worry.
So the Added fire still hits Cyclone and erases my EE ??

IM still confused - but I might just reroll it with no fire damage added soon ...
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Moogieson wrote:

Spoiler

Hey there folks,

Luckily for Hellzraith, 'adds...fire damage' is a local mod on weapon (meaning it will only affect skills socketed in weapon) and as it's auras only it's safe. It's not a clear mechanic at all sadly, caught me out before and I re-rolled a nice sceptre unnecessarily!

Unfortunately this is not true. Weapon elemental damage is directly applied to Cyclone because Cyclone is a skill that Hits with your equipped weapons, regardless of where it is socketed on your person. The same would be true for any other Attack skill that Hits, and it likewise includes any other + Fire Damage that is around on your gear.

I went into the game to confirm this.

So yes, sadly that scepter will overwrite your EE.
"
StandardFiend wrote:
"
Moogieson wrote:

Spoiler

Hey there folks,

Unfortunately this is not true. Weapon elemental damage is directly applied to Cyclone because Cyclone is a skill that Hits with your equipped weapons, regardless of where it is socketed on your person. The same would be true for any other Attack skill that Hits, and it likewise includes any other + Fire Damage that is around on your gear.

I went into the game to confirm this.

So yes, sadly that scepter will overwrite your EE.

Curses! Apologies folks, everyday a school day! This game is one massive peeling onion haha
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Spoiler
So I was wondering through a t10 map and an Ex dropped for me (first this league) and I sold my Animae Stone for another Ex which allowed me to upgrade a few things. I still need to swap my gloves for something better, just havent yet.

Not sure if thats the correct weapon mod - I added it myself, and I changed up jewelry -

I currently have 10 Watchstones, I have Obtained all the inner and outer regions with one watch stone, and 1 of the innner with 2 and have Baran ready in a region with 2. Its getting really difficult for me now at lvl 80 and I dont feel like Red Maps are possible. This is about as far as I ever achieved in the Atlas and wonder what can I do to get to red maps..
Hey Hellzwraith!

The build can definitely do endgame content. Currently you're level 80, not fully ascended, and still using some +30 Attribute nodes on the tree. It'll come. As the tree fills out you'll see everything sync well.

Congrats on your Exalts! Those are some nice purchases. Unfortunately, your weapon adds fire damage to fortify which gives you the permanent negative effect of Elemental Equilibrium.

Fully ascend and keep levelling. Red maps will get easy for sure.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Spoiler

(68) Void Sceptre(s):
Prefix:
Suffix:

Sorry! I forgot to mention it last post. if the game allows you to craft a mod on a weapon, it isn't considered an overlap. So in this case increasing DOT damage helps and it was a good craft. The craft you put on is an "increase" to damage so it is additive with the other applicable "increases" in damage.

In short, if the game lets you craft it, it's not redundant.

Sorry you needed to ask again.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Spoiler
So the Added fire still hits Cyclone and erases my EE ??

IM still confused - but I might just reroll it with no fire damage added soon ...
So with EE, there are two sides to the node, one positive, one negative. To avoid the negative aspects of EE, this build cannot have any Fire Damage applied to hits; for both Spells and Attacks. To apply Fire Damage to Spells and/or Attacks your gear will have "added" or "adds" "fire" written in the mod.

We want Cold or Lightning to hit enemies often, and fire from Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction to hit less often. The more frequent Lightning or Cold hit, the more often we'll have the positive benefits of EE. If Fire hits more often than the other elements, you'll have the negative effects of EE.

Does that help?

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Sep 12, 2020, 2:13:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info