3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
"
zzled wrote:
Wanted to say thank you for this guide! I only read it when my Necro was struggling thru white maps on SSFHC, so I adapted some ideas (alongside lots of feedback from my guildies) rather than copy it wholesale. Damage and survivability are massively up now. :)

Some notable changes I made:
- I dropped Meat Shield on the zombies, and now they seem to follow my aggressive Feeding Frenzy Skeletons to kill things. This allows me to stay further away from mobs.
- I couldn't afford enough respec points to allocate the right side of the passive tree and buff curses fully, so I ended up using a Diabolist spectre for Enfeeble instead. I used the extra gem slots for Enduring Cry + Second Wind instead, which is amazing in 3.11.
- For the CWDT setup, I swapped Desecrate to Immortal Call (Level 4) for better survivability. As you mentioned, there are usually corpses around so this isn't a deal breaker for my Offering. And Immortal Call synergises very well with Enduring Cry for survivability. :)
- I haven't unlocked uber lab yet, so running Flesh Offering (i.e. hit me and my minions hit back harder) for now, instead of Bone Offering.

Ended up using the following setup:
LMB: Move + autocast Bone Armour
RMB: Flame Dash when I get impatient
Q: Enduring Cry every few seconds when moving
W: Summon Skeletons to target enemies
MMB: Vaal Summon Skeletons on bosses

My current gear and setup: https://pastebin.com/48u2uFc6

Looks awesome! I have been considering adding Enduring Cry with second wind in place of something in my line up, I just don't know what yet. I no longer need Fortify on shield charge so I may try running with no movement skill for a while as I don't like shield charge any way.

So I tried Enduring Cry and I love it!

I tossed my CWDT/Purifying flame set up as I felt it was the weakest part of my gems.

In its place, I now have constant 3 endurance charges (+12 to ele resists and +12% to phy reduction) and an unlimited supply of life flasks.

I run only 1 life flask so this is a really nice addition especially in longer boss fights when I can run out.

I enduring cry every time I Convocate making for nice synergy with Kingmaker.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 8, 2020, 1:30:52 AM
"
Looks awesome! I have been considering adding Enduring Cry with second wind in place of something in my line up, I just don't know what yet. I no longer need Fortify on shield charge so I may try running with no movement skill for a while as I don't like shield charge any way.

One note on your setup that you may already be aware of but I wanted to mention any way:

Bone Armor and Immortal Call are both tagged with "guard" and as such they share a cool down. There are going to be times when Bone Armor is in cool down and you get whacked and IC won't be able to proc.

Oh damn. I forgot about that. Back to the drawing board. Bone Armour is awesome but so is Enduring Cry + Immortal Call. :x

I earlier ran Mistress of Sacrifice with Bone Offering for max block (with Glancing Blows), but Bone Barrier/Armour is an amazing boost to minion survivability in comparison.

"
I tossed my CWDT/Purifying flame set up as I felt it was the weakest part of my gems.

I really like Purifying Flame. It's like a mini life flask on an auto-trigger. The heal is % based, which means it works awesome with CWDT Level 2. I put in Immortal Call as well there based on it, but...... hmm. Wondering if the conflict with Bone Armour is a dealbreaker.
Last edited by zzled on Jul 8, 2020, 1:51:30 AM
Small update on my gear:

I didn't like Harvest (and I'm still not very fond of it), but I just crafted this beauty in the garden:

Now I have to decide if I add life for my witch or + 1 to Skeletons/Zommbies, since one prefix slot is still open.

I finally managed to get the right colours on my corrupted 6-link:

Much less life than the 5-link I had been using before, but damage is important, too. The diffence is definitely noticeable: Now my zombies are a real wrecking crew.

If you are lucky with unveiling the Syndicate's items you can unlock this sweet recipe which supports the curses quite well:

Tier 3 costs an Exalted Sphere, way too expensive, but tier 2 (which is what I used) is just 1 % worse and just costs 8 gemcutter's prisms.

When turning my rare amulett into a talisman I was hoping for + 1 to Zombies, of course, but Jorgin didn't feel like giving it to me... of course:

Never mind. I like the amulett as it is.

Zombie on!
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Jul 8, 2020, 2:17:16 AM
"
Small update on my gear:

I didn't like Harvest (and I'm still not very fond of it), but I just crafted this beauty in the garden:

Now I have to decide if I add life for my witch or + 1 to Skeletons/Zommbies, since one prefix slot is still open.

I finally managed to get the right colours on my corrupted 6-link:

Much less life than the 5-link I had been using before, but damage is important, too. The diffence is definitely noticeable: Now my zombies are a real wrecking crew.

If you are lucky with unveiling the Syndicate's items you can unlock this sweet recipe which supports the curses quite well:

Tier 3 costs an Exalted Sphere, way too expensive, but tier 2 (which is what I used) is just 1 % worse and just costs 8 gemcutter's prisms.

When turning my rare amulett into a talisman I was hoping for + 1 to Zombies, of course, but Jorgin didn't feel like giving it to me... of course:

Never mind. I like the amulett as it is.

Zombie on!

sweet!! congrats on all the cool items!!!

keep grinding!
I got my first big boy gem of the league!!! Many more to go :)

"
Small update on my gear:

!

I downloaded your RiotSlut character into POB and have a question for you.

Why are you so overly invested in ele resists? Your numbers are through the roof.

You are +70, +58 and +58 OVER the 75 cap for all 3. These are the highest I have ever seen :)

If there is not a specific reason for this (and there may be, I just don't see it from first glance), I would highly recommend changing your amulet anointment from Diamond Skin to Grave Pact.
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
"
The second I have the guts to rename this build "Slow-Mo Minions" I'll go with no minion life nodes on the tree, Zombies in a 4 link (with CwDT ;)) and Skeletons in the 5 link. It'll be glorious![/span]

Slomo Skeletons sounds pretty cool too man!
I've always said they are the unsung heroes of this build, even nerfed they destroy! THIS is exactly why I chase those helms with 2 minion mods, supports socketed gems with level whatever minion life and damage. Then I have 2 6 links!
3 if you use a 2 hander, but that may get a little sketchy for surviveability.
Amazing thread this league, lots of tinkerers!
Sounds like this is a success, I know Dwaine is loving it!
Gratz on ANOTHER success Wrecker!
Hey GrunkleBob! I'm glad you to hear you and Dwaine are having a great league! Thanks for your kind words as always. You know what's going to happen though...the second I change the guide to "Slow-Mo Minions" and bail on forcing Zombies, zombies will get balanced and be rad. :) I'm really surprised how much damage skeletons do being linked to Maim...(Thanks again!)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Hello,

I am a new player, I switched to your build at level 50, but my curses do not seem to work, shouldn't it be visible on the nearby monsters the curse mark? it is not, and they do not seem slowed at all. I linked in my wand Enfeeble and Temporal chains to Blasphemy support, it does not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Hey Giancarloligia! I'm glad you got it figured out! Don't worry about being new or asking new questions. The more you ask, the faster you learn. This guide is once again blessed with kind and helpful people. So keep the questions coming if you have them.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
zzled wrote:
Spoiler
Wanted to say thank you for this guide! I only read it when my Necro was struggling thru white maps on SSFHC, so I adapted some ideas (alongside lots of feedback from my guildies) rather than copy it wholesale. Damage and survivability are massively up now. :)

Some notable changes I made:
- I dropped Meat Shield on the zombies, and now they seem to follow my aggressive Feeding Frenzy Skeletons to kill things. This allows me to stay further away from mobs.
- I couldn't afford enough respec points to allocate the right side of the passive tree and buff curses fully, so I ended up using a Diabolist spectre for Enfeeble instead. I used the extra gem slots for Enduring Cry + Second Wind instead, which is amazing in 3.11.
- For the CWDT setup, I swapped Desecrate to Immortal Call (Level 4) for better survivability. As you mentioned, there are usually corpses around so this isn't a deal breaker for my Offering. And Immortal Call synergises very well with Enduring Cry for survivability. :)
- I haven't unlocked uber lab yet, so running Flesh Offering (i.e. hit me and my minions hit back harder) for now, instead of Bone Offering.

Ended up using the following setup:
LMB: Move + autocast Bone Armour
RMB: Flame Dash when I get impatient
Q: Enduring Cry every few seconds when moving
W: Summon Skeletons to target enemies
MMB: Vaal Summon Skeletons on bosses

My current gear and setup: https://pastebin.com/48u2uFc6
Crazy! SSFHC! Good for you zzled! I like your changes a lot! I love seeing how people change (or not) the guide and how people go about things. As I don't play HC, I find the HC feedback quite edifying. Awesome job with your build! Also, thank you for your kind encouragement. I really appreciate it :).

Annnnnd

"
I'm really surprised how much damage skeletons do being linked to Maim...(Thanks again!)[/span]

Thanks Wrecker!!! I missed this! I have been using Brutality with the skele's but according to POB Maim is just better clearly better.

And yet it is the exact opposite with the Zombies, where Brutality is better than maim.....

strange...

but for now I have to trust POB so I am going to change out Brutality for Maim in my Skele set up.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 8, 2020, 3:47:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info