3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

Hello,

I am a new player, I switched to your build at level 50, but my curses do not seem to work, shouldn't it be visible on the nearby monsters the curse mark? it is not, and they do not seem slowed at all. I linked in my wand Enfeeble and Temporal chains to Blasphemy support, it does not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
"
Hello,

I am a new player, I switched to your build at level 50, but my curses do not seem to work, shouldn't it be visible on the nearby monsters the curse mark? it is not, and they do not seem slowed at all. I linked in my wand Enfeeble and Temporal chains to Blasphemy support, it does not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Well. Did you activate them? It should work, everything is put correctly. Maybe at lower gem levels the radius is very small and that's why you can't seem to notice it? I dunno.
"
I have finally added in Animate Guardian to my set up.

I took him into a fully modded, twinned tier 16 and he did not leak any health so as long as I stay out of Acid Caverns with him, I am feeling safe.

I am using the budget set to start with:

Staff: Dying Breath
Helm: Leercast
Chest: Ambus Charge
Hands: Southbound
Feet: Victarios

And if he continues to show no issues in late red maps, I am going to get him a Kingmaker.

Hey Andy,

just wanted to say: Your posts in this thread and your tinkering with stuff really made me try few things! So, thank you. :)
"
M_atrix wrote:
"
Hello,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Well. Did you activate them? It should work, everything is put correctly. Maybe at lower gem levels the radius is very small and that's why you can't seem to notice it? I dunno.

Honestly this. this is all I can think, have you actually activated enfeeble/temp chains? Because even at level 1 it is quite noticeable.
You should ascend too, that really helps.
You should take the 6-7 points back from glancing blows and start investing in minion damage, then you won't get hit because the enemies will be dead.
Maybe swap minion life for phantasms in your zombie setup because you are missing out on 10 damage dealers. BIG damage dealers.
Let us know on the temp chains/enfeeble because you have whispers of doom, it should be working.
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
Tolgrim wrote:
"
I have finally added in Animate Guardian to my set up.

I took him into a fully modded, twinned tier 16 and he did not leak any health so as long as I stay out of Acid Caverns with him, I am feeling safe.

I am using the budget set to start with:

Staff: Dying Breath
Helm: Leercast
Chest: Ambus Charge
Hands: Southbound
Feet: Victarios

And if he continues to show no issues in late red maps, I am going to get him a Kingmaker.

Hey Andy,

just wanted to say: Your posts in this thread and your tinkering with stuff really made me try few things! So, thank you. :)

Cool! Please share what you find, as I am constantly looking for upgrades, which is not easy on a budget.
Good morning all, I have two updates this morning:

1) My specter team is now complete. Arena Master is really nice and by far the best support specter I have tried to compliment the apes. His support is fairly simple. He bangs his shield like a mad man, and everyone gets a 40% boost in both movement and attack speed. This lasts 4 seconds, and then repeats again in 8 seconds. When the full gang of 70+ minions gets the boost, it is really cool.

This is not the easiest specter to get though as he only appears in Drox influenced maps and if you are using Queens Hunger like me, it is even more annoying because we consume corpses.

If anyone would like to try this specter, feel free to ping me in game and I can invite you to my hideout where I can desecrate him for you. I just need to take off my armor first :)

2) Kingmaker for the AG is every bit as good as advertised and well worth the 1 ex cost once you feel your AG is safe. I am enjoying the buffs AG gives the team and was wondering if I could use him to apply a 3rd curse to our set up. I am not yet sure if it works but I think if I equip him with Windscream boots and a corrupted pair of Vulnerability on Hit gloves it might work.

Although even if it does work, I am unsure how useful it will be as he is not an aggressive minion from what I can see so he is not going to be able to curse easily.
Thanks to both, as I said I am a new player and zero experience with most content. The curses were not active :) Now they work, so I have to do some adjustment since I'm switching from the Animate Weapon Necro (seemed quite powerful but refreshing 9-10 weapons every 40 seconds was getting to my nerves) to this one.

So thank you again :)

"
GrunkleBob wrote:
"
M_atrix wrote:
"
Hello,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Honestly this. this is all I can think, have you actually activated enfeeble/temp chains? Because even at level 1 it is quite noticeable.
You should ascend too, that really helps.
You should take the 6-7 points back from glancing blows and start investing in minion damage, then you won't get hit because the enemies will be dead.
Maybe swap minion life for phantasms in your zombie setup because you are missing out on 10 damage dealers. BIG damage dealers.
Let us know on the temp chains/enfeeble because you have whispers of doom, it should be working.
"
Thanks to both, as I said I am a new player and zero experience with most content. The curses were not active :) Now they work, so I have to do some adjustment since I'm switching from the Animate Weapon Necro (seemed quite powerful but refreshing 9-10 weapons every 40 seconds was getting to my nerves) to this one.

So thank you again :)

No problem, visit the lab in Act 3 sarn, there is a statue of the goddess up the stairs, she will introduce you to Izaro, he is level 35. By the time you get to him, he will be easy. Start ascending exile, you've earned it! Use the website POELAB and you will get the daily layout, find those darkshrines!
Also, stick to Wreckers tree until your comfortable making your own choices. This guy KNOWS what he is talking about!

Good luck!

Oh yeah, I saw this on Youtube yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrh1W6Qn3Ws It's a 3.11 animate weapon, but like you said, it can be tedious resummoning all the time.

Hey, this was my first build where I actually accomplished things in the game, stick with it, it has gotten better and better over the years.
Ask questions, even the dumb ones like "why are my curses not working" LOL we have ALL been there!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Jul 7, 2020, 1:17:20 PM
Wanted to say thank you for this guide! I only read it when my Necro was struggling thru white maps on SSFHC, so I adapted some ideas (alongside lots of feedback from my guildies) rather than copy it wholesale. Damage and survivability are massively up now. :)

Some notable changes I made:
- I dropped Meat Shield on the zombies, and now they seem to follow my aggressive Feeding Frenzy Skeletons to kill things. This allows me to stay further away from mobs.
- I couldn't afford enough respec points to allocate the right side of the passive tree and buff curses fully, so I ended up using a Diabolist spectre for Enfeeble instead. I used the extra gem slots for Enduring Cry + Second Wind instead, which is amazing in 3.11.
- For the CWDT setup, I swapped Desecrate to Immortal Call (Level 4) for better survivability. As you mentioned, there are usually corpses around so this isn't a deal breaker for my Offering. And Immortal Call synergises very well with Enduring Cry for survivability. :)
- I haven't unlocked uber lab yet, so running Flesh Offering (i.e. hit me and my minions hit back harder) for now, instead of Bone Offering.

Ended up using the following setup:
LMB: Move + autocast Bone Armour
RMB: Flame Dash when I get impatient
Q: Enduring Cry every few seconds when moving
W: Summon Skeletons to target enemies
MMB: Vaal Summon Skeletons on bosses

My current gear and setup: https://pastebin.com/48u2uFc6
"
zzled wrote:
Wanted to say thank you for this guide! I only read it when my Necro was struggling thru white maps on SSFHC, so I adapted some ideas (alongside lots of feedback from my guildies) rather than copy it wholesale. Damage and survivability are massively up now. :)

Some notable changes I made:
- I dropped Meat Shield on the zombies, and now they seem to follow my aggressive Feeding Frenzy Skeletons to kill things. This allows me to stay further away from mobs.
- I couldn't afford enough respec points to allocate the right side of the passive tree and buff curses fully, so I ended up using a Diabolist spectre for Enfeeble instead. I used the extra gem slots for Enduring Cry + Second Wind instead, which is amazing in 3.11.
- For the CWDT setup, I swapped Desecrate to Immortal Call (Level 4) for better survivability. As you mentioned, there are usually corpses around so this isn't a deal breaker for my Offering. And Immortal Call synergises very well with Enduring Cry for survivability. :)
- I haven't unlocked uber lab yet, so running Flesh Offering (i.e. hit me and my minions hit back harder) for now, instead of Bone Offering.

Ended up using the following setup:
LMB: Move + autocast Bone Armour
RMB: Flame Dash when I get impatient
Q: Enduring Cry every few seconds when moving
W: Summon Skeletons to target enemies
MMB: Vaal Summon Skeletons on bosses

My current gear and setup: https://pastebin.com/48u2uFc6

Looks awesome! I have been considering adding Enduring Cry with second wind in place of something in my line up, I just don't know what yet. I no longer need Fortify on shield charge so I may try running with no movement skill for a while as I don't like shield charge any way.

One note on your setup that you may already be aware of but I wanted to mention any way:

Bone Armor and Immortal Call are both tagged with "guard" and as such they share a cool down. There are going to be times when Bone Armor is in cool down and you get whacked and IC won't be able to proc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info