3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"You're making me nervous" :(

I notice a lot how much the zombies have been nerfed since Blight, when I try to protect Cassia's pumps: My minions repeatedly fail to protect it. They can handle the situation as long as there are no more than two hostile towers spawning enemies. Everything above that is almost a guarantee to screw it up.

Maybe my damage is not good enough, since I only have a 5-link for the zombies. Maybe the nerfs have been too harsh.

I was wondering if I should switch my gems set-up for Cassia quests. With the zombies being so attached to her mastress, the witch has to run like hell, to get to the monsters aproaching the pump. In this situation I need the zombies swarm out instead of doing their danse macabre around my witch's hips.

What gem would you recommend to swap out temporarily for meat shield? Minion speed?

What are your experiences with Cassia?

I do not even dare to play the 2 blighted maps that I have found so far. I can't see how I could succed there.

I do not want to disappoint Cassia, I love her so much, ever since Blight <3
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"

I notice a lot how much the zombies have been nerfed since Blight, when I try to protect Cassia's pumps: My minions repeatedly fail to protect it. They can handle the situation as long as there are no more than two hostile towers spawning enemies. Everything above that is almost a guarantee to screw it up.

Maybe my damage is not good enough, since I only have a 5-link for the zombies. Maybe the nerfs have been too harsh.

I was wondering if I should switch my gems set-up for Cassia quests. With the zombies being so attached to her mastress, the witch has to run like hell, to get to the monsters aproaching the pump. In this situation I need the zombies swarm out instead of doing their danse macabre around my witch's hips.

What gem would you recommend to swap out temporarily for meat shield? Minion speed?

I do not even dare to play the 2 blighted maps that I have found so far. I can't see how I could succed there.

The 6th link is extremely important in our set up. The damage goes up significantly between 5 and 6.

I struggled with Cassia with 5 links, failing almost every time, but once I got to 6 links I did better.

There are still times I can't finish it but more times than not I do.

One thing I do to limit the crazy running back and forth a little, is to launch Vaal Summon skeletons on one section and let that huge group slow down the advance while I take the zombies and specters to clean out other sections.
Yeah the difference between 6L Zombies and 5L Zombies is tremendous. Make getting a 6L your priority no. 1.

Cassia is piss easy with my setup, especially with my strategy of making sure that each tower is supported by an Empowering Tower. I've done red Blight maps no issue. The trick is to keep up Vaal Summon Skeletons (hitting the button as the skellies are already deployed refreshes their duration) and proactively run to the spawn points to push back a lane.
"
"
Spoiler

The 6th link is extremely important in our set up. The damage goes up significantly between 5 and 6.

I struggled with Cassia with 5 links, failing almost every time, but once I got to 6 links I did better.

There are still times I can't finish it but more times than not I do.

One thing I do to limit the crazy running back and forth a little, is to launch Vaal Summon skeletons on one section and let that huge group slow down the advance while I take the zombies and specters to clean out other sections.

"
Yeah the difference between 6L Zombies and 5L Zombies is tremendous. Make getting a 6L your priority no. 1.

Cassia is piss easy with my setup, especially with my strategy of making sure that each tower is supported by an Empowering Tower. I've done red Blight maps no issue. The trick is to keep up Vaal Summon Skeletons (hitting the button as the skellies are already deployed refreshes their duration) and proactively run to the spawn points to push back a lane.

Thank you very much! Unfortunately the only 6-links I have right now are a Tabula (suicidal in red maps) and two corrupted armours from Vaal side areas. I spent most of my vaal spheres to get the correct colors B - B - B - B - B - R but I was unlucky and I ran out of spheres.

I also go a 6-link from Einhar's beasts, but it was a dexterity base... impossible to get my witch inside it, impossible to give it 6 off-colours.

My only hope right now are divination cards. Unfortunately some good maps have moved to higher tiers and are out of reach for me.

Right now I have yet another problem: I am trying the map Acid caverns and one of the two bosses killed almost my whole army in a couple of seconds... no idea what I could do there. My minions try to get to the boss, some massive explosions and everyon dead (my minions, not the bosses, alas).

PS: I managed to take a screenshot of the deadly boss without dying myself:

Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Jul 5, 2020, 4:26:42 PM
"

Right now I have yet another problem: I am trying the map Acid caverns and one of the two bosses killed almost my whole army in a couple of seconds... no idea what I could do there.

Acid Carverns is pure RNG as they have a handful of different bosses that can spawn and you won't know which one it is until it is too late.

One of them (which is the one you ran into) DESTROYS minion builds. He is Morgrants the Deafening

When ever you go into Acid Caverns, my recommendation is to turn off your Animate Guardian if you use one.

================

Here is the info from the wiki:

Morgrants uses a monster-only variant of Spectral Throw that triggers Storm Call, Flame Call and Frost Call at random on every single hit. Since Spectral Throw can hit multiple targets and the trigger has no cooldown, Morgrants can proc hundreds of Calls a second against minions. If the map has additional projectiles and the player uses Vaal Summon Skeletons, Morgrants' DPS may potentially reach the billions.

=============

Wrecker, this might be something worth noting in the guide. This is significantly more dangerous than Physical reflect.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 5, 2020, 5:39:32 PM
I have decided to switch gears a bit. After a long session with POB, I have realized that I have undervalued my skeletons.

By moving some gems around, I am now trying to maximize Skeletons damage on a 4 link. I am still looking for the best combo of damage gems. Multistrike is fabulous for the regular version of skeletons, but unfortunately it does not work for the Vaal portion of the skill.

The damage is so significant from the skeletons, I am now abandoning my original idea to get a 4th specter and will instead use the +2/+3 helmet I eventually buy to move my skeletons to as they will highly benefit from the additional levels.

I still have some tweaking to do, but the damage increase is already very noticeable in late red maps.
"
"
Spoiler

Right now I have yet another problem: I am trying the map Acid caverns and one of the two bosses killed almost my whole army in a couple of seconds... no idea what I could do there.

Acid Carverns is pure RNG as they have a handful of different bosses that can spawn and you won't know which one it is until it is too late.

One of them (which is the one you ran into) DESTROYS minion builds. He is Morgrants the Deafening

When ever you go into Acid Caverns, my recommendation is to turn off your Animate Guardian if you use one.

================

Here is the info from the wiki:

Morgrants uses a monster-only variant of Spectral Throw that triggers Storm Call, Flame Call and Frost Call at random on every single hit. Since Spectral Throw can hit multiple targets and the trigger has no cooldown, Morgrants can proc hundreds of Calls a second against minions. If the map has additional projectiles and the player uses Vaal Summon Skeletons, Morgrants' DPS may potentially reach the billions.

=============

Wrecker, this might be something worth noting in the guide. This is significantly more dangerous than Physical reflect.

Thank you very much. Now I understand why my poor minions didn't have the slightest chance to win or to survive this fight. I do regret that I bought the map from zana for almost a dozen of chaos orbs. Next time that I read Acid caverns I will remember my lesson and stay away (if I'm playing a summoner).

Ladies and gentlemen, I got it. Only thing left to do is get a Lvl 4 Empower and socket it in place of Melee Phys.

Queen's Hunger is INCREDIBLE for this build. You can ditch Mistress of Sacrifice, go for Commander of Darkness instead and laugh as your minions deal 30% more damage and melt everything. Also with the free +30 to resistances you can free up some crafting slots.
"

Ladies and gentlemen, I got it. Only thing left to do is get a Lvl 4 Empower and socket it in place of Melee Phys.

Queen's Hunger is INCREDIBLE for this build. You can ditch Mistress of Sacrifice, go for Commander of Darkness instead and laugh as your minions deal 30% more damage and melt everything. Also with the free +30 to resistances you can free up some crafting slots.

congrats!

I absolutely love the Queen's Hunger for this build. Commander of Darkness is such a sneaky good ascendancy. It really free's up so many choices.

The non stop QOL of offerings up 100% of the time is excellent when mapping.

If I might suggest something to you? I have been using 6 link Queens Hunger for a few days now at the highest level maps and I have had zero need for Minion Life support in my build. Not only don't they ever die, I never see the zombies lose any life.

And if you go the "Life from Death" OP cluster set up, having less life on your phantasms actually is great for the build.

I know we are not running identical builds but I would recommend exchanging Minion Life in your Zombie set up for something more damage related. You can always change back if you don't like it.
Ya know, I've been considering Deathmark Support to help with Drox and other bullshit fights so maybe this is the time I'll get to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info