Development Manifesto: Game Balance in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Rakiii wrote:
"
h_marvin wrote:
I hate that you are always doing this. Why is it so hard to write "The 20% Physical Damage multiplier when Dual Wielding has been removed" instead of assuming every player nows all the million numbers of this game? Please just be specific with you patch / balance nodes and don't have us look up every other sentence. Same for item changes.

Also "Vaal Molten Shell also removes and is removed by other Guard skills".. what about CwDt triggered guard skills? Is it discouraged to use a CwDt setup alongside VMS, or is CwDt suppressed while other guard skills are up?

You can´t trigger Vaal skills.

I know. Not talking about triggering Vaal skills via CwDt, but about e.g. having Steel Skin triggered by CwDt to cancel VMS.
Very happy with all that change.

Thanks for providing continu support ! :)
"
npavcec wrote:
To be honest, I am the most concerned about crit multi nerf since they haven't given the numbers. The idea that non-crit and crit should be more in-line is absurd. Crit gear is usually 10 times more expensive.. why shouldn't crit builds then deal 4-5x more damage?

The reason crit gear is so much more expensive is because it is currently so much better. If it is not so much better going forward, it will not be nearly as expensive....
"
CWendelboe wrote:
"
npavcec wrote:
To be honest, I am the most concerned about crit multi nerf since they haven't given the numbers. The idea that non-crit and crit should be more in-line is absurd. Crit gear is usually 10 times more expensive.. why shouldn't crit builds then deal 4-5x more damage?

The reason crit gear is so much more expensive is because it is currently so much better. If it is not so much better going forward, it will not be nearly as expensive....
this will make crit gear even more expensive you lemon because people will need t1 rolls omg do you even play poe
"

this will make crit gear even more expensive you lemon because people will need t1 rolls omg do you even play poe

Crit gear will be worth less because non-crit gear will be valued more. Less ppl will want to buy crit items if they can achieve the same damage as non-crit gear gives them.

Last edited by Igolac on Jun 16, 2020, 10:10:53 AM
Firstly the overkill nerf to Archmage and it's associated uniques is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction and takes a new support (3.10) and makes it at the very least undesirable, and probably useless to build around.
Secondly the nerf to Cluster crafting is poorly thought out at best. All you are doing is taking away access to the passive tree to casual and average players. Streamers and big currency makers won't be affected, are they ever? But the core of your players will now find it much harder to use what is now, just the passive tree. Cluster jewels = passive tree. Also not removing the extra passive points on large Cluster jewels is a mistake. Anything over 8 small passives is a throw away item and cannot be built around.
Thirdly, why do you nerf anything to the ground? Let the kids play what they want. New Brands, but a nerf to Archmage? Pointless. You already nerfed Brand recall, problem solved. You buffed Ball Lightning Mines? Already one of the strongest dps builds in the game, where is your reasoning.
I guess covid 19 is the new normal, as is making poorly thought out decisions regarding the balance of PoE skills. Unbalanced Manifesto much?
It's still a great game, but forcing everyone to play Melee, Necro or Ball Lightning Mines goes against the feeling PoE used to give that anything was possible. Oh and start looking after your average players more. They are basis of your game. GGG listens way too much to their Steaming outliers for game direction.
Okay rant over. Crawling back to my rock.
"
Hapsmaster wrote:
I agree with the attack multiplier being removed from DW. However, is it possible that DW will now gain even more attack speed? With the damage gone, 10% more AS alone doesn't sound convincing enough when compared to Shield.

I would very much agree with that. Though it MUST not be a big buff.
12% more instead of 10% more is totally sufficient (if I'm not totally stupid, that would anyway result in the same DPS like before the 20% more dmg deletion...? or am I stupid and overlook smth?)
"
Praef wrote:

Saying to people to "adapt" when their build relied on X or Y that got cut off or heavily nerfed doesn't exactly work, from what I saw some builds became unreliable. There is no need to get aggressive over people who are against these changes.

I agree with you. Those people who call crybabies the ones that are disagree are toxic.
Last edited by darkzerox9 on Jun 16, 2020, 10:29:16 AM
Lots of Knee jerk reactions its like having Brittleknee have no knee and then its all falling apart :)
Thanks for the post GGG, and thanks for being salty posters! This'll be hilarious to go through for days XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info