Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

The game looks cool, I'm definitely a buyer after it's finished. However, I don't like getting too involved with playing early access games anymore, because they have a tendency to change too much, frequently in ways I don't like. I got games sitting in my steam library that used to be early access that I haven't even touched after they went live. Truth be told, it's more likely that happens than not with early access games for me, which is why I stopped buying them.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on Nov 30, 2020, 9:19:01 PM
Not like it's not worth the full price already, but that's a nice little discount.

So I've watched the 'teasers', read the dev blog. I have to admit, as someone who just fires it up to try big updates, I'm a little lost as to how this approach to dual-wielding is all that different to others'. I am eager to try it for myself, but the gameplay didn't get my weeb nitenichiryu twoswordsarecool! engine running. Probably a good thing.

Dual wield failed to make PoE's close quarters combat feel fluid or graceful, and Wolcen's already is (despite all other failings). We'll see if it can do that for the occasionally stodgy Last Epoch's hack and slash aspect -- not a realistic stance (DW typically added a defensive aspect) but certainly one steeped in traditional fantasy expectations.

Let's get Drizzt'd.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Since Mayhem sucks this time, it's a good idea to check out the rogue class which will be released on the same day.

https://forum.lastepochgame.com/t/rogue-reveal-teaser-2-a-rogues-work-is-never-done/26492
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
"
(was the capitalised word too subtle to express sarcasm?)/quote]

Something commonly used to indicate yelling doesn't really indicate sarcasm to me.
Good god the rogue is busted. I understand that every new character should be a tad OP but everyone was going to play him anyway.
Is he so busted he changed genders from trailer to release? Jesus, EHG. Calm your tits, guys.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
j33bus wrote:
"
(was the capitalised word too subtle to express sarcasm?)

Something commonly used to indicate yelling doesn't really indicate sarcasm to me.

Well, SORRY then. I will make EVERY EFFORT to be clearer next time. I guess SOME PEOPLE just need it spelled out for them. Because I'd TOTALLY call a Valued Poster, respected OG Exile and the CM of Last Epoch a 'shill' seriously.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 4, 2020, 6:26:37 PM
Well I completely blew any chances of testing the rogue properly when I twinked the fuck out of her dodge rating using this ever-awesome crafting system. What a blast though.

Definitely going to be...rebalanced before long.

Well lets, see.

Insane dodge. I played until around level 30 and constantly had 70% dodge without bothering to gear. Add to this easy access to glancing blow and smoke bomb. I've never been this tanky, even with sentinel.

Ok, but then I had low damage? Nope, most attacks hit insanely fast and there is a node which adds 5 bleed stacks on every third one. Fucking five. Smoke bomb gives additional 200%. This is without bleeding from tree/skills. Easy 1k+ bleed ticks even in the early game with 0 investment.

Ok, but then I had shit mobility? Nope, Shift is low cooldown utility tool that gives you more movement speed, more dodge, heals you...

And on top of that we have what, shrouds? One adds even more dodge, the other even more bleed, the third one straight up negates any attack.

I suggest playing hard in the weekend, next week the nerf hammer will be coming down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info