Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

The new megapatch that is coming is like PoE patch 3.0 V2 but on roids.

Sadly no multiplayer yet but the changes to Druid class alone will make me check it out again for a few days at least, maybe weeks depending how good the other changes are.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I played LE for a bit like 6 months ago or so. Had a Mage and played a little bit into the endgame (level 80 or so).

Its okay but I wasn't that impressed with it.

+ solid campaign
+ mostly pretty graphics
+ interesting skill/class system
+ lots of potential builds (although maybe not as many as in POE)
+ mostly crisp gameplay
+ some cool boss fights/big monsters

- kinda trashy character animations and looks
- unimpressive skill animations and looks
- boring itemization (stats, stats, stats...) and loot system
- boring uniques
- only two endgame options as far as I was aware: Echoes and Arena
Echoes are sorta like maps just shorter and less flashed out and Arenas couldn't be more boring (horde mode)
- repetetive and annoying character voice lines (Mage:"fools, fooooools!") <- I still remember that even though I haven't touched the game in half a year

+- crafting has some neat ideas but needs to be flashed and balanced out (needs more interesting item mods), picking up random stuff just to break it down for some of its material is a little bit annoying after a while
+- classes are kinda generic but at least have some good variety when it comes to builds and playstyles
+- slower gameplay which isn't necessarily a bad thing although I would like to see some movement skills to jump up/down ledges. I hate invisible walls

Ultimately I personally feel like this game has potential but is at least one level below PoE as a whole right now, despite some people claiming otherwise.

I adore this part
I will admit I am curious to see how the new mage and acolyte models look. Definitely a long running weak spot.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
I will admit I am curious to see how the new mage and acolyte models look. Definitely a long running weak spot.

Time to say goodbye to Tywin Lannister character model maybe.
Will not miss the oversized head and janky/floaty character animations.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

I always thought the mage looked like Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Biggest change imo is that you cant item edit your perfect items from a white base anymore since they have less forging potential to begin with.

Have mixed feelings about it but i guess they want to make a smooth transition and give each rarity level a certain purpose.

White items would still be item editable but to a much lesser extent than before and only be used in early gearing.

I always thought this tabula rasa crafting approach was a stop gap instead of longterm goal and now it makes sense after the changes which will come soon.

The other changes sound really nice like rune of creation to copy well rolled items (after removing forging potential) for other characters or when dualwielding 1h weapons.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 24, 2021, 4:39:16 AM
For those of you waiting for Multi-Player - there's an update post today on the forum
I tried this game recently, and I was very disappointed with the character building. There are no shared skill trees, skills are locked to character classes, and even gear is often class restricted. This makes every possible build feel pre-designed to be viable by the devs, which is hella boring. There's very little room for proper min/maxing since the search space is so small.

I WAS amused greatly by the story though, not because it was any good, but because of how obviously the devs loved Chrono Trigger. Hard to make your inspirations more obvious than putting Gaspar at the End of Time and using time portals with a fancy tunnel cinematic.
Украина в моём сердце

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info