-

"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Do we prefer +1 Chaos gems or +1 Dex gems on our amulet if we can't have both? I think +1 Dex covers a lot more gems, doesn't it?
Yeah +1 to all dex gems is probably better because you'll get all the chaos ones and others like mirage archer, blood rage, vaal grace, & vaal haste, too.

just bought one with for dex skill gems and it only affects Skills (toxic rain and haste) I didnt get plus 1 for any green support gems. I imagine the chaos one is the same.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
I got pretty lucky. I found a meglomaniac jewel with broadside and student of decay for 15c. went from 28 to 30 radius without having to invest more in aoe on tree or gloves and so forth. Think it might be worth it even though i give up a wicked pall and a jewel slot. Thoughts?
It absolutely will be.

But should be easy to see for yourself. Just go into PoB, add that cluster in place of the wicked pall one, then go to config section and change overlapping arrows from 5 to 6, and see what the difference in DPS says.

I can tell you right now that adding an arrow overlap on my PoB is +20.0% more damage, while losing a wicked pall is -7.1% damage.

Which obviously means adding a broadside that would take me from 28 to 30 radius, in place of a wicked pall, would be about +13% more damage. So, certainly worth it.

Got it thanks! One last thing, Do I need to have an "additional arrow mod" from some kind of source to make use of the 6 overlaps since I know toxic rain base is 5 arrows (im currently sitting at 5 arrows according to tooltip of the gem), or say if I cast it twice it'll proc 6 overlaps?
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
I got pretty lucky. I found a meglomaniac jewel with broadside and student of decay for 15c. went from 28 to 30 radius without having to invest more in aoe on tree or gloves and so forth. Think it might be worth it even though i give up a wicked pall and a jewel slot. Thoughts?
It absolutely will be.

But should be easy to see for yourself. Just go into PoB, add that cluster in place of the wicked pall one, then go to config section and change overlapping arrows from 5 to 6, and see what the difference in DPS says.

I can tell you right now that adding an arrow overlap on my PoB is +20.0% more damage, while losing a wicked pall is -7.1% damage.

Which obviously means adding a broadside that would take me from 28 to 30 radius, in place of a wicked pall, would be about +13% more damage. So, certainly worth it.

Got it thanks! One last thing, Do I need to have an "additional arrow mod" from some kind of source to make use of the 6 overlaps since I know toxic rain base is 5 arrows (im currently sitting at 5 arrows according to tooltip of the gem), or say if I cast it twice it'll proc 6 overlaps?
So the answer is technically Yes.

Your pod/arrow totals is your attack rate * 5 arrows, if all you have is TR and no other source of +arrows. And of course you easily have between 5-10 attack rate.

So if you're shooting 25-50 arrows every second, then yes, you will still be overlapping 6 arrows with 30 radius.

BUT, you are missing significant +DPS by not physically having that 6th arrow each attack when you are capable of overlapping all 6.

The +1 TR arrow helmet enchant is a freaking pain to get without crazy luck. So I would now make getting a quiver with +1 bow arrows a huge priority at this moment.
Okay so i am mapping and trying to find all trials to get to ulab.

What shall i focus next, i am building currency up, mapping a lot atm, but sitting at 40c. doing heists and all that stuff.

Just a small hint, what are my next points
"
niksxs wrote:
Okay so i am mapping and trying to find all trials to get to ulab.

What shall i focus next, i am building currency up, mapping a lot atm, but sitting at 40c. doing heists and all that stuff.

Just a small hint, what are my next points

Page 1
"First of all, get Quill Rain. Quill Rain is cheap, +1 Arrow corruption is not mandatory, so instead get a 6 linked Quill Rain if possible early on. Even then a 4 linked Quill Rain should carry you through the whole 10 acts. Carcass Jack is also important as more overlap = more single target damage.

During leveling, make sure to level your gems offhand. To do that, equip 2 melee weapons / wands on your offhand slot (default key X), make sure all of the sockets are green colored, then socket all of them with Toxic Rain. When the gem reaches level 20, corrupt them with Vaal Orb and hope for level 21 Toxic Rain to appear.

After you have those 2 gear, rest of them can be filled. +1 Arrow Toxic Rain enchantment on devotos is not mandatory too, so you can just get a devoto devotion. Rest of the gear can be filled with rares with life and resistances.

With all of that set, you start to move onto Cluster jewels. Focus on the first set of cluster jewel first. Look for Tempered Arrowheads and Broadside and again, 8 passives, NOT 9 OR 10. After having a large cluster jewel up, get 2 mediums and 2 basic jewels. Make sure to follow and buy the appropriate cluster jewel and basic jewel given on the jewels section.

After having your first set done, move onto the second set of cluster jewels. Follow the same step on above. If you are having survivability issues, you are recommended to prioritize anoint Hardened Scars on your amulet.

Having your cluster jewels, basic jewels done (watcher's eye is not important), look for a curse on hit despair ring and a +1 level chaos / dexterity amulet with chaos DoT multi. After that move onto getting DoT multi on rest of your gear (gloves and quiver). With that done, you are pretty much rich now and able to finish rest of the gear as stated in the gear section."
Can I get some opinions on flasks?
Cinderswallow over a normal silver flask?
Also I have Quartz flask for phasing which feels so good. Is my only option to give that up to fit in the hybrid flask so I can get fortify working from the anointment? And I know about other sources of phasing. Just having the guarantee of it on a button is clutch when zooming through packs.

Edit: I went ahead and took the plunge and got my enduring hybrid flask and cinderswallow. replacing the quartz (phasing) and silver (onslaught. but just for cinderswallow onslaught). Patched the now missing phasing with abyss jewel (8% chance to grant phasing for 4 seconds on kill) and phase run spell gem on leftclick. I've noticed times where I am getting caught on mobs but just be cognoscente of that and have dash ready / don't put yourself in those situations. The fortify plus cinderswallow healing on kill is ridiculous defensive layer while mapping. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. As long as you're slaying you're living. I can definitely recommend the Instant heal - enduring mana - enduring hybrid (fortify) - cinderswallow - quicksilver setup
Last edited by oweng24 on Sep 26, 2020, 6:15:05 AM
Hey guys, started this league with this build. RN I just began doing red maps and I have serious problems with damage and survivability. Like if I get attacked, it always almost kills me, so I have to spam life flash. I know I still have many things to do, like complete clusters, get an anticruse hallow flask, 6l on the chest, enlighten lvl 4 and possibly some enchants on the helm, but overhall the build should be already in a somewhat "tanky" state, right?

https://pastebin.com/aWBuhTPK (I just hope I did it right)

Are there any options to get more tankiness right now besides what I've just enlisted?
oweng, what if i cant afford any cluster jewels with Tempered Arrowheads and Broadsid
"
CharlesOW wrote:
Hey guys, started this league with this build. RN I just began doing red maps and I have serious problems with damage and survivability. Like if I get attacked, it always almost kills me, so I have to spam life flash. I know I still have many things to do, like complete clusters, get an anticruse hallow flask, 6l on the chest, enlighten lvl 4 and possibly some enchants on the helm, but overhall the build should be already in a somewhat "tanky" state, right?

https://pastebin.com/aWBuhTPK (I just hope I did it right)

Are there any options to get more tankiness right now besides what I've just enlisted?

Is your fortify flask always up? Your build looks just about exactly like where I'm at and I feel very safe and tanky while mapping 14-16. You have about 1000 less hp than me. Which is just due to the 1 vs 2 cluster jewel setup (I'm 1. You're 2). Are you zip zipping around good. Dodging like you should be? If we're the same defensively I don't know what else it could be besides playstyle. Sorry I wasn't more help.
"
niksxs wrote:
oweng, what if i cant afford any cluster jewels with Tempered Arrowheads and Broadsid

I'm running 1 cluster jewel setup right now. And it was only about 10% dmg boost for me. Idk if this is the right answer - But I'd go for damage over time multiplier on quiver amulet and gloves as well as despair on hit ring. Those all were noticeable upgrades for me and aren't hard to find on the market. Also 6 link is very big obviously.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info