-

Any advice for DPS boost?
i think about good watcher eye and new helmet with + additional arrow (40% increased damage much worse)

https://pastebin.com/yRRHZeTe
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
I don't get why you're trying to make a DoT chara if one of your goals is lab running. You want to go fast but for damage you picked a skill that slowly deals damage over time. That being said, I've never made a dedicated lab runner so maybe I'm missing something?

Also, I use my other 6l for auras. This gives me way more damage than any totem setup could. 4 auras that need to be linked to enlighten 4 and the last one is a portal cause I don't want to carry portal scrolls.

And as for the updated pob, if I were you, I'd drop mirage archer for efficacy. With your bow, your mirage archer has an APS of 1.84. Imo this is way too low for it to actually be effective. Also maybe drop the blasphemy setup for a witchfirew brew. Surely this would be more damage.
With a lab runner, you don't actually kill any trash mobs, you just need to be able to get darkshrines and kill uber Izaro. And the faster he dies, the more keys he drops, and the quicker you can get on to the next lab run.

Before the changes, not only was I occasionally dying to stupid one-shots by Izaro (maybe once in 10-15 runs), but it was taking me about 30-60 seconds to kill him, and about 8-10 minutes to complete each uber lab run. But now, he's easily dying in about 10-15 seconds and I'm completing lab runs in about 5-6 minutes.

On top of this, the char is now completely viable to do (farm) juiced up T16 maps and even level further than 91, where I was stuck forever because of constant dying and inability to do high tier juiced up maps with large percentage mob pack size.

It's so easy now to kill everything in a map, and then because I'm so insanely fast, I don't have to loot along the way, I just run back through after everything's dead and loot/portal/loot/portal, etc. It's way faster. No deaths and the exp and loot keeps consistently flowing, and in much larger quantities and quality.

I have other endgame boss killing chars. My Ball Lightning Heiro drops Sirus in 60 seconds. That's not what this char is designed for.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Aug 15, 2020, 1:30:48 PM
For the double corrupt is any combination any more powerful than the other? Like is +2 Duration and +1 stronger than +2 Duration and Projectile, or is it all the same and you should with any combo if you hit or buy the proper double corrupt.
"
Shakeem wrote:
For the double corrupt is any combination any more powerful than the other? Like is +2 Duration and +1 stronger than +2 Duration and Projectile, or is it all the same and you should with any combo if you hit or buy the proper double corrupt.

+1 socketed will always be stronger compare to a +2 when you have an empower. So the best would be +2 +1.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
This is a super unpopular opinion, but I think assassin is better for TA. 2 Poison Ascendancy nodes, Elusive, and 25% more damage vs 1 boss/1 rare.

I replaced the damage over time (center passive tree) with poison nodes. My numbers are much better even using a quill rain. Also, the damage is up front which is very noticeable. The poison is for the heal sustain, not really damage.

Thanks for the guide - I played TA trickster this whole league and loved it.
Your 114 passive tree is pretty inefficient.

Take out the 3 travels near Reflexes and put one point on the strength near avatar of the hunt.

Trees like this make my blood boil.
"
Your 114 passive tree is pretty inefficient.

Thank you for pointing that out, now instead I've reworked the passive tree a little and updated the PoB

"
Trees like this make my blood boil.

chill m8
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
Shakeem wrote:

For TR, this is the optimal corruption

Duration adds levels to swift affliction and mirage archer. Lv 24 mirage archer gets to that 29% less damage.

"
This is a super unpopular opinion, but I think assassin is better for TA. 2 Poison Ascendancy nodes, Elusive, and 25% more damage vs 1 boss/1 rare.

I replaced the damage over time (center passive tree) with poison nodes. My numbers are much better even using a quill rain. Also, the damage is up front which is very noticeable. The poison is for the heal sustain, not really damage.

Thanks for the guide - I played TA trickster this whole league and loved it.

The point of this guide is to minmax TR. It's focus is on making TR feel good as a mapper and also function as a great boss killer.
Poison does nothing for TR and the same goes for crit. You can get the 25% more damage and elusive but you'll be giving up AoE, something that actually helps scale TR's single target damage and ailment immunity + unlimited flasks + fortify.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 18, 2020, 10:37:21 PM
I appreciate the help I've received. I've done quite a bit with all the advice here to get this char to be a hybrid for farming maps and doing lab runs. Got my DoT DPS up to around 7M and still with ~350% movement speed and a ton of evasion + all the usual defenses.

I actually mapped out a version of my build that can reach over 14M DoT DPS, which would be sick. But the gear is virtually unattainable, so it's a pipe-dream. Here it is if you want to check it out: https://pastebin.com/37gzF1uD

That said, what is the rationale with AoE? Why is Conc Effect frowned upon?

I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning of spreading out TR pods over keeping them closer together. Don't we want to stack them so their damage overlaps more? Wouldn't spreading them out with AoE cause them to overlap less?

And with Mirage Archer being 60% less attack rate and 30% less damage, why not just add Efficacy or Increased Duration in it's place and completely blow away anything the Mirage Archer could do?

This is another reason why I like doing +5 TR ballistas with withering touch on my body 6L.

I'm currently shooting 7 arrows (trying to reach 8 if I can find the right bow), which means I'm consistently dropping hundreds of TR pods on top of each other. Which sorta makes the purpose of Mirage Archer (stacking pods) moot, and I am doing significantly more damage by replacing it with Efficacy. And because I have a bow with lvl 20 vicious projectiles, I've also been able to add Increased Duration. So my bow TR is absolutely melting everything, and the ballistas are like mop-up duty, while also giving me wither and stacking pods on bosses.

Anyway, here's what I'm up to so far: https://pastebin.com/aLR69kEF

Thanks again for all you guy's help.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

That said, what is the rationale with AoE? Why is Conc Effect frowned upon?

I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning of spreading out TR pods over keeping them closer together. Don't we want to stack them so their damage overlaps more? Wouldn't spreading them out with AoE cause them to overlap less?

And with Mirage Archer being 60% less attack rate and 30% less damage, why not just add Efficacy or Increased Duration in it's place and completely blow away anything the Mirage Archer could do?

Anyway, here's what I'm up to so far: https://pastebin.com/aLR69kEF

Thanks again for all you guy's help.

1. Conc effect does not "squeeze" or make the pods "stick" closer together. It just reduces the AoE. Only lesser arrows will do that. Same goes to Increase AoE. It only increases the AoE, it does not increase the spread (I've explained this on mechanics section too)

2. Mirage archer have 100% DPS uptime, even when you are moving it still attacks. Unlike other support gems where you move, you deal no damage. So you could focus on dodging stuff while mirage archer still deal dmg. Besides that, when you die on certain encounters, Mirage archer will also be there to deal damage until its duration dies off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info