-

"
Shani wrote:
I don't think it's worth using -30%Malevolence to get the room to fit in Skitterbots; as is, there's a lot of other good stuff competing for those two suffix slots: 13%IAS, 5%pDR, Charges on Kill, 16%cDam, +1minFrenzy... and I'm assuming that the third is going to be cDoTM.

Edit: (Obviously, not all of those are applicable to all versions and use cases, and may require certain Awakenings.)

Malevolence reservation is a very important stat if you wish to push your damage. The 3 best suffixes would be chaos dot multi, malevolence reservation and ias. Reservation is what enables you to use the endgame watcher's eye.

I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:
I don't think it's worth using -30%Malevolence to get the room to fit in Skitterbots; as is, there's a lot of other good stuff competing for those two suffix slots: 13%IAS, 5%pDR, Charges on Kill, 16%cDam, +1minFrenzy... and I'm assuming that the third is going to be cDoTM.

Edit: (Obviously, not all of those are applicable to all versions and use cases, and may require certain Awakenings.)

Malevolence reservation is a very important stat if you wish to push your damage. The 3 best suffixes would be chaos dot multi, malevolence reservation and ias. Reservation is what enables you to use the endgame watcher's eye.

I'm not seeing it. What would you be slotting after Flesh and Stone, Malevolence, Precision, and Skitter/Aspect while still having enough mana left to attack? About the only things that you could shove in there would be the banners (questionable, unless you're pushing for that 20% less accuracy) and maybe Clarity, with a perfect triple aura eye?
"
Shani wrote:
I'm not seeing it. What would you be slotting after Flesh and Stone, Malevolence, Precision, and Skitter/Aspect while still having enough mana left to attack?

You do know that you can't fit the 4 things you've mentioned without Enlighten 4 and Malevolence reservation, right?
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:
I'm not seeing it. What would you be slotting after Flesh and Stone, Malevolence, Precision, and Skitter/Aspect while still having enough mana left to attack?

You do know that you can't fit the 4 things you've mentioned without Enlighten 4 and Malevolence reservation, right?

You can't fit Skitterbots meaningfully without some kind of additional reduction, but you can fit Aspect with no problem; according to Mikelat's, using Enlighten 4 and Aspect (not Skitterbots), you should be at 94% reservation, plus whatever your Precision is taking, which is still entirely workable.

Are you actually getting more value out of Skitterbots and the extra excess mana pool? My setup doesn't benefit much from that, though I could squeeze out more DPS by switching off from a defensive choice.
Last edited by Shani on Aug 10, 2020, 2:17:27 PM
"
Shani wrote:
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:

You can't fit Skitterbots meaningfully without some kind of additional reduction, but you can fit Aspect with no problem; according to Mikelat's, using Enlighten 4 and Aspect (not Skitterbots), you should be at 94% reservation, plus whatever your Precision is taking, which is still entirely workable.

Are you actually getting more value out of Skitterbots and the extra excess mana pool? My setup doesn't benefit much from that, though I could squeeze out more DPS by switching off from a defensive choice.

I have 11 unreserved mana at level 100 without the reservation. This is with linking all the auras to an Enlighten 4.

Apparently with aspect of the spider I'll have 39 unreserved mana. Even if I were to drop 40% increased damage from rings to get -18 mana cost, it'd still throttle my APS cause of how the mana regen from flasks and server ticks work. This would be a big loss in terms of damage.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 10, 2020, 2:43:10 PM
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:

I have 11 unreserved mana at level 100 without the reservation. This is with linking all the auras to an Enlighten 4.

With Aspect? I have 82 with Aspect, and something like 20 with Skitterbots... and, with my setup, the perks from the extra 3% damage taken aren't worth the trade-off to stick -30%Malevolence on my amulet.
"
Shani wrote:
With Aspect? I have 82 with Aspect, and something like 20 with Skitterbots... and, with my setup, the perks from the extra 3% damage taken aren't worth the trade-off to stick -30%Malevolence on my amulet.

Not sure how you got 82 with Aspect without reservation and with precision. I'm assuming you picked up some reservation nodes instead of life nodes.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:

Not sure how you got 82 with Aspect without reservation and with precision. I'm assuming you picked up some reservation nodes instead of life nodes.

Slightly higher int than strictly necessary, L2 precision, and three of the mana/flask nodes. Four points of them can be dropped without impacting my DPS, but then my flask uptime for bosses gets uncomfortably low.
Oh well I'm not too sure about your setup but yeah from an optimal build pov, malevolence reservation is definitely one of the top 3 suffixes.
i went divine flesh with 87 chaos resist + 2 from quiver.
kintsugi + wind dancer
watcher's eye had grace(movement) so i went with grace malevolence.

gears were very easy to make
the helm enchant was on shapers helm so i had to adjust.
ignore elreon ring
the build is tanky as hell and the damage is really good.

level farther to get method of the madness and more life node or go for acuity for attack speed.
Last edited by Dudebag on Aug 13, 2020, 6:59:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info