[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
ok I ground out an Awakened Hex Touch Level 5 (22% quality) for 9.5ex.

That gets my single target (everything turned on) to 10.1m dps now.

If the boss has an add that I can consume, that will jump to 10.4m dps.

Now I need to see how losing the frenzy charges from Cold Snap will effect my clearing.

I have 3 choices if I don't like my clearing speed in the dual curse set up:

1) Look into getting min frenzy charges on gear

2) Swap out some single target dps on tree (which I can now afford at this high DPS level) for area damage

3) Only use the dual curse set up for major bosses (it is a simple two gem swap to go back to single curse set up)

===========================

Outside of the above testing, I also now need to give some thought to using Arctic Armor in place of Herald of Ash.

I would lose a hefty 1.3M DPS by doing this but still have 8.8m DPS.

@Claeysken, can you give us some feedback on how you like or don't like the Artic Armor set up in place of Herald of Ash?

Hey man!
Gratz on all the upgrades!

I do feel tankier with AA up and clearspeed is totally unaffected. However, I did notice slightly slower boss killing. Not a huge difference, but it is noticable.
thanks for the info about AA, that is good to know. If and when I switch from currency generation to a push for high levels, I am going to test it out.
"
j3pli wrote:
"

Whether in reality Void Sphere is better than Culling Strike, I can't say with any certainty.

Get the best of both worlds, use gloves with Culling Strike (warlord influence) and keep Void Sphere on cwdt.

I finally got a pair of Gloves with Culling Strike!

Wow, these are good. Just a consistent 10% more damage equivalent.

With my 10m dps damage levels and this Culling Strike, I took down the 4 shaper guardians group fight so fast.

I still want to look into getting the min frenzy charges too. According to POB, I am going to get over 600k (at the top level) of DPS for every frenzy charge I can squeeze in.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 7, 2021, 12:36:36 PM
After collaborating with Claeysken in game (thanks good buddy!!), I have some information to share for those interested.

Topic 1: Frenzy Charges

When we switch from the single curse set up to the dual curse set up we lose the frenzy charges from Cold Snap.

By far the best way to handle this is to craft Min Frenzy on 3 pieces of gear. If you can do that, great!

But for those (like myself) who had balanced resists for Wise Oak and very high chaos resist, this was less appealing to try to change my gear.

So we came up with the idea of adding a second Unset ring to the build which makes room for one more skill.

We first tried Blood Rage but this was a disaster as we both forgot about the ES damage Blood Rage takes on top of the more easy to handle life damage.

So after we scrapped that, Claeysken said to just try self casting Cold Snap.

This is working wonderfully. I just cast it at the same time I cast Infernal Cry and have constant frenzy charges while mapping.

I am going to keep this set up until I can figure out if or how to get the min frenzy charges and not lose my balanced resists and high chaos resist.

Topic 2: DPS vs Damage Mitigation

First, now that my chaos resist is so high (74%) Claeysken mentioned that I can dump the Atziri Flask for the significantly more powerful Bottled Faith.

When I obtain that (a few more exalts to go), I will have to make a decision as to whether I stay at max DPS or if I trade some DPS for more survivability via trading Herald of Ash for Arctic Armour.

Here are the numbers post Bottled Faith (from POB):

With Herald of Ash:
Clearing: 13M DPS
Single Target: 10.7m DPS

Without Herald of Ash:
Clearing: 11.4M DPS
Single Target: 9.4M DPS

The clearing should be no issue either way but the 13M with Herald of Ash has a good chance to do 100% T16 Delirium maps.

I don't have a very good understanding or feel for how powerful the damage mitigation from Arctic Armour is.

I am a bit confused on how creating Chilled Ground from my Cold Snap will interact with chilling a monster directly from Arctic Armour.

I am at a bit of a loss on how to decide this on paper so I may just have to play and see how it feels.

"
j3pli wrote:
"
"
j3pli wrote:
Tried Maven fight for the first time. Had no idea what I was supposed to do haha. Lasted until phase 2.

Was able to block and tank most of the projectiles, but need to manage the ground degens better.

saw this posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzy_fZacCB4

Very good video, much easier to follow than the other video guides I've seen so far.

I can already tell that the memory game is going to the biggest pain point for me haha.

Finally downed Maven. Much more pleasant and engaging than Sirus imho (once you've learned the mechanics, that is!), as there is no forced downtime or immune phases.

Managing ground degens and memory game were indeed the hardest parts of the fight for our build.
Spoiler
Ground degens linger, apply chill and can block your view of the memory game. If allowed to litter the arena, they can make it difficult to see and follow the memory game as you need to traverse the area quickly before the explosion goes off.

Maven's 2-way rake attack is a welcome surprise, as it is actually a buff for us. It is easily blocked, which means ES is always filled back to full. I highly recommend standing under that attack when it comes (it is telegraphed by big rake marks on the ground where it will land).
Last edited by j3pli on Feb 7, 2021, 6:34:56 PM
"
j3pli wrote:

Finally downed Maven. Much more pleasant and engaging than Sirus imho (once you've learned the mechanics, that is!), as there is no forced downtime or immune phases.

Managing ground degens and memory game were indeed the hardest parts of the fight for our build.
Spoiler
Ground degens linger, apply chill and can block your view of the memory game. If allowed to litter the arena, they can make it difficult to see and follow the memory game as you need to traverse the area quickly before the explosion goes off.

Maven's 2-way rake attack is a welcome surprise, as it is actually a buff for us. It is easily blocked, which means ES is always filled back to full. I highly recommend standing under that attack when it comes (it is telegraphed by big rake marks on the ground where it will land).

congrats!! that is awesome!

I keep selling the Maven fight to fund my build but eventually I will have to give it a shot.

It took me forever to figure out Sirus so I am not hopeful but it is worth trying since she will be in the game it sounds like for many more leagues.
"

congrats!! that is awesome!

I keep selling the Maven fight to fund my build but eventually I will have to give it a shot.

It took me forever to figure out Sirus so I am not hopeful but it is worth trying since she will be in the game it sounds like for many more leagues.

Yep she is core so should be around for a while. But with your dps bursting her down won't be a problem, if you can come to terms with the fact that memory game is central to the fight and cannot be avoided.

Reward I got was very underwhelming
Spoiler

(worth a whopping 2c haha)

Hi there,

Could someone please share the Elementalist Tree + Must have passives and gear?
"
frannyx04 wrote:
Hi there,

Could someone please share the Elementalist Tree + Must have passives and gear?

The elementalist build is 99.9% identical to the Inquistor.

The only change is where your first few points go on the tree since you have to start at witch for Elementalist vs Templar.

Here is my most current POB (note I have done a little experimentation as mentioned in previous posts):

https://pastebin.com/Kbdz2NfQ
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 8, 2021, 1:19:43 AM
Newbie question but could "Wave of conviction work with the exact same build instead of incinerate?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info