[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Ever thought of going this build as CI? It would of course mean a lot of changes to the build in general. Where would you guys weight the two against each other (CI VS HP/ES).

Also, what about something like Iron Reflexes on the chest piece since it can roll any keystone? Could add an extra layer of extra armour (converted from evasion). Guess this build has many options, would just like to hear more you guys input.

Edit: And what would be some good leveling gear?
Last edited by Snejxjens on Feb 3, 2021, 8:05:57 PM
"
Snejxjens wrote:

Edit: And what would be some good leveling gear?

I leveled with the basics:

Goldrim
Tabula Rasa
Lifesprig
Victario's Flight
Praxis (I hate mana flasks)

It went very smoothly. Just keep improving your shield and replace lifesprig when needed. The boots, helmet and armor can get you to maps with relative ease.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 3, 2021, 10:20:18 PM
"
Snejxjens wrote:
Also, what about something like Iron Reflexes on the chest piece since it can roll any keystone? Could add an extra layer of extra armour (converted from evasion). Guess this build has many options, would just like to hear more you guys input.

Iron Reflexes would be good but BIS is the recommended Unique, Skin of the Loyal.

If you when you can get that upgraded to a +1 corruption, it brings the build to a new level of damage.

You may be thinking of using Skin of the Lords which would be fine as long as you can use all corrupted gems of course, which is super expensive because of the awakened gems have to be level 6's. And since it is already corrupted, it can't be corrupted for the powerful +1 to all gems.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 3, 2021, 10:34:20 PM
How is everyone progressing on their build?

Here is my update:

1) Of the 4 times I have played this character, this is by far my strongest one.

2) With the tree changes I made, I am up to a very healthy 6.5m dps at the top end. I still have two huge upgrades to make (double curse and the +1 corruption to armor). If I get both of those (very expensive), I will top out at 9.3m, which is going to make bossing even smoother.

3) I am level 94 now with around 7700 in EHP. All remaining tree points will be going into life and or ES. I should top out around 8000 at level 97.

4) I am not missing the ailment immunity the way I originally though I would. The trade off for the dps boost seems so worth it.

5) I strongly recommend you guys looking into the basic tree changes I made. It raises single target wonderfully and I don't notice any difference on the Infernal Cry screen wide explosions.

6) Do not buy Divergent Determination this league. It is still super expensive and it got nerfed to hell this league. Unless you are absolutely loaded with cash and are doing the last micro sized min maxing, I would spend your money else where.
"

Here is my update:

1) Of the 4 times I have played this character, this is by far my strongest one.

2) With the tree changes I made, I am up to a very healthy 6.5m dps at the top end. I still have two huge upgrades to make (double curse and the +1 corruption to armor). If I get both of those (very expensive), I will top out at 9.3m, which is going to make bossing even smoother.

3) I am level 94 now with around 7700 in EHP. All remaining tree points will be going into life and or ES. I should top out around 8000 at level 97.

4) I am not missing the ailment immunity the way I originally though I would. The trade off for the dps boost seems so worth it.

5) I strongly recommend you guys looking into the basic tree changes I made. It raises single target wonderfully and I don't notice any difference on the Infernal Cry screen wide explosions.

6) Do not buy Divergent Determination this league. It is still super expensive and it got nerfed to hell this league. Unless you are absolutely loaded with cash and are doing the last micro sized min maxing, I would spend your money else where.

You can improve it
Amulet +1 All Fire / +1 All Int
Amulet, Rings, +1 min Frenzy Charge
Titan Gloves.

Can go for Intelligence small nodes on inicial Witch tree and drop steelwood stance, save 5 passives points.
Can aplly to: Light of Divinity, Amplify, Unnatural Calm, Arcane Will, Arcane Focus, Whispers of Doom or more life/shield on small nodes.
"
"

Here is my update:

You can improve it
Amulet +1 All Fire / +1 All Int
Amulet, Rings, +1 min Frenzy Charge
Titan Gloves.

Can go for Intelligence small nodes on inicial Witch tree and drop steelwood stance, save 5 passives points.
Can aplly to: Light of Divinity, Amplify, Unnatural Calm, Arcane Will, Arcane Focus, Whispers of Doom or more life/shield on small nodes.

thanks!!!

*yes, I am aware most of my rare gear sucks. I am just in the very beginning of learning how to craft with Harvest so I doubt I will improve too much this league but I will try.

*I intend to experiment dropping the steelwood stance cluster after I get my belt enchantment (300 armor when Fortify) but I can't give up the cluster until that time, my armor is not high enough with out that cluster.

*I was originally using the small intelligence nodes at beginning of witch along with Amplify etc but that was the exact change I mentioned in my post. I removed many of the "area" nodes and focused more on damage, which scales extremely well with cast speed (which is why you see a different starting point at the witch focused on cast speed). This change significantly increased my DPS and I don't notice any area difference when blowing up the screen.

My single target damage was my biggest issue, so I traded area damage for more single target with these changes.

After I get my +1 corrupted armor, I can go back and revisit this change I made since my DPS will spike when I make that addition.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 7, 2021, 12:38:07 PM
oh hell yes!!!!

I tripped over myself trying to buy this so fast that I did not even see it was double corrupted!

I got it for only 10ex! Keep your eyes open.

"
oh hell yes!!!!

I tripped over myself trying to buy this so fast that I did not even see it was double corrupted!

Haha! That is a juicy one, exile!
"
j3pli wrote:
"
oh hell yes!!!!

Haha! That is a juicy one, exile!

Thanks Einhar! :)

As expected this thing really makes a big difference. Bossing is so much easier now. Normal bosses, the guardians and conquerors were no issue to begin with but now the group fights against ten regular bosses and the fights against 4 big bosses at the same time are so much more manageable.

I did a ten boss fight, a 4 against Shaper guardians and a 4 against Breachlords and an AW9 against Sirus, all deathless after getting this.

I tried a 60% juiced T16 and that went very smoothly too. I think I can do 80% but I ran out of orbs.

I am now grinding for the last big gem, the level 5 Awakened Hex Touch.

Once I get that, all gems should be set, and all uniques should be set (I need to get 30% quality on a couple but that is cheap and easy)

Then it will be back to grinding the forsaken enchantments the game won't give me and finally I can start focusing on my rares, which suck but do the job for now.
ok I ground out an Awakened Hex Touch Level 5 (22% quality) for 9.5ex.

That gets my single target (everything turned on) to 10.1m dps now.

If the boss has an add that I can consume, that will jump to 10.4m dps.

Now I need to see how losing the frenzy charges from Cold Snap will effect my clearing.

I have 3 choices if I don't like my clearing speed in the dual curse set up:

1) Look into getting min frenzy charges on gear

2) Swap out some single target dps on tree (which I can now afford at this high DPS level) for area damage

3) Only use the dual curse set up for major bosses (it is a simple two gem swap to go back to single curse set up)

===========================

Outside of the above testing, I also now need to give some thought to using Arctic Armor in place of Herald of Ash.

I would lose a hefty 1.3M DPS by doing this but still have 8.8m DPS.

@Claeysken, can you give us some feedback on how you like or don't like the Artic Armor set up in place of Herald of Ash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info