[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I hit level 90 yesterday but I am getting frustrated in my ability to not complete the build. I just can't generate any currency this league.

I am still missing so many core pieces (Blue Nightmare, Enlighten, Skin of the Loyal, and Coward's Belt(with Empower).

What I have is doing the best it can on a 5 link with scuffed gear but I don't see being able to progress into red maps unless I can get the core pieces in place.
"
I hit level 90 yesterday but I am getting frustrated in my ability to not complete the build. I just can't generate any currency this league.

I am still missing so many core pieces (Blue Nightmare, Enlighten, Skin of the Loyal, and Coward's Belt(with Empower).

What I have is doing the best it can on a 5 link with scuffed gear but I don't see being able to progress into red maps unless I can get the core pieces in place.

Feel the same way, and I think for me atleast its tied to how easy harvest made crafting for small things like resist etc. I'm slowly making progress, just hoping for a decent drop to change my luck but that just the nature of the game lol.
Hey there, the SSF guy again.

Didn't play that much but I am in white maps now. Damage is fine but without any of the key uniques, I die from time to time. Could avoid it, mostly due to laziness, standing too long without dashing etc.
But it feels bad if you pwned everything during late leveling and now start to bite the dust from time to time.

Not sure if I should switch from SSF yet. It works, I can beat tier 5 maps without dying, but it's not superfast anymore.

The build was great during late leveling so, so smooth, two CWTD setups, dash dash burn. And Infernal Cry is so satisfying when everything explodes at once and the sound dopples.

Pumping all my fusings into my chest to get a 5-link but no luck so far.
Found a pretty fitting one for the build, which does not happen that often in PoE.

Since with Discipline and HoA I only reserve 60%, the downside does not kick in.

Also this helm is nice for SSF. Even got lucky with the Enchantment there since I use Frost Shield, nothing big but it's the little things in SSF.
And the shield has +1 to fire spell gems.

So can't complain for solo self-found but survivability starts to struggle now.

Just grind tier1-3 maps I guess. Not the build's fault, just me, trying SSF for the first time with a unique-requiring build. :)
Last edited by JaniC84 on Sep 27, 2020, 11:58:53 AM
Made the jump from a scuffed 5 link set up to a 6 link with Empower Level 3. I finally purchased the Skin of the Loyal (all white).

My tool tip hideout DPS jumped from 56k to 97K and my effective life pool is now at a healthy 7800.

Next on the save up to buy list is The Blue Nightmare jewel. Hopefully along the way I can pick up the oils I need for Inexorable on the boots (which is a fabulous anointment for this build).
Everyone but me likely knew this but just in case people don't.

If you want to save a little money, do not buy the Blue Nightmare gem.

Instead buy a Blessing of Cheyula and the Blue Dream gem (which when combined make the Blue Nightmare gem).

I paid 80c total for the Blessing of Cheyula and the Blue Dream Gem.

The cheapest Blue Nightmare gem right now is 125c.
"

Instead buy a Blessing of Cheyula and the Blue Dream gem (which when combined make the Blue Nightmare gem).

Yeah I noticed that too, I'm honestly waiting to get that one last since it tends to drop in price consistantly, and I'm at like 55 spell block atm anyway. I had a promordial might drop which helped me get the belt and a watcher eye, so now just holding out for some better cluster jewels.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"

Yeah I noticed that too, I'm honestly waiting to get that one last since it tends to drop in price consistantly, and I'm at like 55 spell block atm anyway. I had a promordial might drop which helped me get the belt and a watcher eye, so now just holding out for some better cluster jewels.

Nice. I am working on the Cowards belt next. I have a starter Watcher's Eye in place already, but when I get the belt I will have to do a little resistance balancing when I get rid of my current belt.

It might have to wait until min maxing, but I do need to find some chaos resist on my gear. The only problems I have seem to be when my life gets whacked and I still have full ES, which usually means some form of chaos damage is bypassing my shield, especially when I don't have my flask up.
We learned a trick last league for those trying to work around the fact that Enlighten Level 4 is going for 4-5ex.

If you can't afford an enlighten level 4 or you wish to sell your current EL4 for 4-5ex to use on your build, you might want to consider these gloves.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hands_of_the_High_Templar

There are a total of 5 possible corruptions on these gloves out of a possible 20 choices.

There are 6 out of the 20 that fit our build.

1) +1 to Level of Socketed Gems (mandatory, so that we can use EL3)
2) (8-10)% increased Cast Speed
3) +2 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
4) (4-6)% increased maximum Life
5) (4-6)% increased maximum Energy Shield
6) +1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges (this is only if you are using Cold Snap)

Initially, you want to find a pair of gloves that have at least 3 of these (with the first being mandatory, as it allows us to use a cheaper Enlighten Level 3). +2 to socketed AOE gems is the best of the rest.

Once you buy them, you can do the following:

a) Divine them to maximize the explicit rolls (not easy)
b) Blessed them to maximize the implicit rolls (very easy)
c) Beast craft them to quality of 30% (very easy)
d) Enchant them (Commandment of Flames is best but look for any synergy)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 28, 2020, 12:07:50 PM
"
We learned a trick last league for those trying to work around the fact that Enlighten Level 4 is going for 4-5ex.

If you can't afford an enlighten level 4 or you wish to sell your current EL4 for 4-5ex to use on your build, you might want to consider these gloves.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hands_of_the_High_Templar

There are a total of 5 possible corruptions on these gloves out of a possible 20 choices.

There are 6 out of the 20 that fit our build.

1) +1 to Level of Socketed Gems (mandatory, so that we can use EL3)
2) (8-10)% increased Cast Speed
3) +2 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
4) (4-6)% increased maximum Life
5) (4-6)% increased maximum Energy Shield
6) +1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges (this is only if you are using Cold Snap)

Initially, you want to find a pair of gloves that have at least 3 of these (with the first being mandatory). +2 to socketed AOE gems is the best of the rest.

Once you buy them, you can do the following:

a) Divine them to maximize the explicit rolls (not easy)
b) Blessed them to maximize the implicit rolls (very easy)
c) Beast craft them to quality of 30% (very easy)
d) Enchant them (Commandment of Flames is best but look for any synergy)

I just picked up a starter pair of these (see below) for only 50c. Now I just need to buy a relatively cheap Enlighten level 3 and I will gain back a massive 4 points on the tree.

Really enjoying the build so far. Not as fast as builds I've played before but not dying makes up for the lack of speed.

I was wondering if you could take a look at and let me know what you think the next best upgrade path to take is? I went for a budget version at first and grabbed Skin of the Lords with Elemental Overload on it to save some points. I was thinking a level 4 empower would be a good thing to go for next.

Not sure how to link the cluster jewels without using up refund points but I'm using a large with Arcane Adept, Essence Rush, and Conjured Wall. A medium with Unwavering Focus and Stoic Focus. A small with Militarism and the Natural Affinity jewel.

Last edited by injected on Sep 28, 2020, 1:22:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info