[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

one nerf we have not talked about much is Second Wind getting hit hard. This means less uses of Infernal Cry sadly.

They installed too many nerfs all at once. It is very depressing :(

=============

I did get some clarification on reckoning. Our reckoning setup will not cause us any mana issues thankfully! So that is one less thing to worry about.

=============

The more I look at the riposte-onslaught idea to replace Blade Blast, the less I like it. I think the up time for onslaught will be way too low in this setup to be of any use.

But we can't leave 3 sockets unused, there has to be something useful we can do with those 3 sockets...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 22, 2021, 1:14:43 PM
Remember you have to increase the mana cost by 250% (so that's 3.5X)

We could increase the trigger threshold for these CWDT spells, or remove some from CWDT. Yeah more annoying to have to self cast, but arcanist brand can handle a few of them.
"
But we can't leave 3 sockets unused, there has to be something useful we can do with those 3 sockets...

Cast on death portal? I think that's free

[weak laughter... turns into corner huddle crying] :D
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Remember you have to increase the mana cost by 250% (so that's 3.5X)

We could increase the trigger threshold for these CWDT spells, or remove some from CWDT. Yeah more annoying to have to self cast, but arcanist brand can handle a few of them.

POB is already accounting for the 3.5ex. They made that change yesterday.

Can we use arcanist brand for anything useful to replace bladeblast?
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
"

Cast on death portal? I think that's free

[weak laughter... turns into corner huddle crying] :D

oof.

This is what GGG has done to us!! :)
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
POB isnt updated yet but I edited the POB item to have 100% increased critical strike chance (to offset controlled destruction) and the crit change is 18.23. 20% of that is 3.6%

Now that POB has been updated, it looks like the Crit Chance is a little lower than we expected. But I still think we will be ok, on average.

The Crit Chance for incinerate, after all the nerfs, is down to 1.6% according to POB.

We still get roughly 10 casts of Incinerate per second after the various nerfs.

We would need roughly 62 casts, on average, to crit, which means we are going to crit, on average, once every 6.2 seconds.

We need to crit once every 8 seconds on average to main EO, so hopefully this will be enough to maintain EO while mapping.

There are however going to be some bad RNG times during bosses where we can't stand still for ever to keep the average up, and we might have lower up time for EO than we hope

Well you can arcanist brand WoC/curses/combustion

There are new nodes near Avatar of Fire, that would give 40% reduced curse effect and 20% increased consecrated effect, for 3 points. For inquisitor this means also mob would take 3% more damage with the Sanctuary node.

Probably not worth it, but just pointing it out. With the flask revamp, might be worth investing into curse reduction/immunity
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Well you can arcanist brand WoC/curses/combustion

There are new nodes near Avatar of Fire, that would give 40% reduced curse effect and 20% increased consecrated effect, for 3 points. For inquisitor this means also mob would take 3% more damage with the Sanctuary node.

Probably not worth it, but just pointing it out. With the flask revamp, might be worth investing into curse reduction/immunity

I was looking for something the build doesn't already have covered (we already have WOC, curses and combustion in other areas I think). I want to use the empty slots to add something new to the build (preferably offensively but if need be, I guess defensive is fine, we just can't throw away that many sockets).

Thanks for the heads up on the new nodes, I will check those out!

Is Curse Immunity the same thing as not allowing us to be cursed? If so then I think that would break the belt/Pain attunement combo....

Curse reduction is great though. I know others have invested in that on their rings in past leagues.
Some reddit guy posted this image which shows the passive tree changes. Not sure if 100% accurate:

https://i.redd.it/s6bx48lw9qc71.jpg

Edit: you are right, I forgot about the vulnerability curse on our belt. Curse immunity means curses can't be applied, different from hexproof which means they are applied but have no effect (like Viridi Veil helm, that totem builds use)
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 22, 2021, 5:37:08 PM
More reddit "rumour" - Some guy said CWDT cost is only the base cost of the gem, not including support gems. If true that can help a bit. Also we don't always have to max these trigger gems, keeping their cost low.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 22, 2021, 6:54:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info