[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

OK I thought of a test we could do and I just did it, and it proves your current info is correct!

Here is the wording on MOD:

Exposure you inflict applies an extra -25% to the affected resistance
Regenerate 1% of mana per second if you've inflicted exposure recently.

So in game I removed my golems and reckoning, and made sure CWDT/Wave of conviction is my only trigger.

My base mana regen (on character sheet in game) is 55.1
Went into act 10 and ran into some mobs.
When WOC triggers, my mana regen jumped to 83.6

So triggered WOC give you the extra mana regen, and by the wording we can infer we got the extra debuff as well

Thank you for these posts, now we know for sure we don't need to self cast WOC.

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 13, 2021, 4:50:55 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
OK I thought of a test we could do and I just did it, and it proves your current info is correct!

Here is the wording on MOD:

Exposure you inflict applies an extra -25% to the affected resistance
Regenerate 1% of mana per second if you've inflicted exposure recently.

So in game I removed my golems and reckoning, and made sure CWDT/Wave of conviction is my only trigger.

My base mana regen (on character sheet in game) is 55.1
Went into act 10 and ran into some mobs.
When WOC triggers, my mana regen jumped to 83.6

So triggered WOC give you the extra mana regen, and by the wording we can infer we got the extra debuff as well

Thank you for these posts, now we know for sure we don't need to self cast WOC.

that is fantastic!!! I didn't even think to check the mana regen which is something that will actually change in game on the tool tip.

Thank you for thinking of and performing these tests!
Since Chris Wilson said "meta change" and "nerforous laughter", and there's all this talk of nerfing elementalist, I went ahead and screenshotted the current wiki pages for elementalist and inquisitor ascendency nodes for future comparison

(I couldn't get the img tag to work...)

https://imgur.com/a/1fldbyj

https://imgur.com/a/6GDxMUx

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 14, 2021, 11:26:12 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Since Chris Wilson said "meta change" and "nerforous laughter", and there's all this talk of nerfing elementalist, I went ahead and screenshotted the current wiki pages for elementalist and inquisitor ascendency nodes for future comparison

(I couldn't get the img tag to work...)

https://imgur.com/a/1fldbyj

https://imgur.com/a/6GDxMUx

yeah it is going to be a long wait until patch notes. If Elementalist gets hammered beyond the Golems, I will probably switch back to Inquisitor for this build.

I am very nervous about recovery on block since that is one of the best defensive metas right now.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 14, 2021, 3:46:26 PM
Yup. When they nerfed glancing blow back whenever I was like "it's the infinite recovery that's OP, not glancing blow...". If they nerf ES recovery then this build is in serious danger.

I watched a little bit of the announcement and one change was a rework of triggered skills, including them costing mana. We trigger so often and have so little mana this sounds dangerous to our build
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I watched a little bit of the announcement and one change was a rework of triggered skills, including them costing mana. We trigger so often and have so little mana this sounds dangerous to our build

I thought the same thing.

I am nervous in general because it seems abundantly clear that this build (along with probably every other current build) is getting a fairly significant damage nerf. He even mentioned the nerf to Controlled Destruction which sounds like it might kill our use of Elemental Overload.

Also defensively, it sounds like ailment immunity is going to sky rocket in value due to the flask nerfs. I don't know what Inquisitor nerfs are coming but it might be better to switch back to that class if ailment immunity remains untouched in the ascendancy.

I am kind of sad in general as I am a poorly skilled player and I fear the game will now be way too hard for me. After listening to the stream I am thinking of taking this league off and just watching how it pans out. I will make my final decision after the manifesto and patch notes are released.

I am expecting many other nerfs that will effect us as Chris even warned that the expansion is full of nerfs.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 15, 2021, 7:08:44 PM
Balance Manifesto is out. Here are some things that impact us:

Ailment mitigation completely removed from inquisitor and elementalist : " The Hierophant and the Pathfinder retain some level of Elemental Ailment mitigation, while the Inquisitor and the Elementalist no longer have any at all"

Not sure if buff or nerf: Golem Elementalist no longer provides increased damage per golem. The golem buff effect bonus on Liege of the Primordial now always provides 100% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems rather than scaling with Golem count. This Ascendancy path was providing too much power and defence compared to other high-investment Ascendancy effects, so is now more heavily focussed on the buffs granted by golems rather than generic effects. By changing the buff effect on Liege of the Primordial it creates less of a reliance on having many golems and makes it more powerful in cases where players want to use just a few instead of feeling forced to invest into maximum Golems through various Unique Items.
Well the patch notes were depressing. I am sure this is true for almost every current build.

Our build got hit fairly hard.

* Controlled Destruction got crushed which could ripple to Elemental Overload for us

* The trigger mana costs are likely to be a big problem for us

* Blade Blade lost unnerve, making it all but useless

* Awakened Hex Touch got nuked, making it all but useless

* I think almost every damage support gem we use got whacked to some level

* Defensively the build still looks viable

I am not going to league start this build and will wait to see if others have any luck with it or if the build owner tries to work around the encompassing DPS nerfs.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 20, 2021, 8:19:21 PM
So I thought for sure the 250% skill cost for CWDT is the real killer, but if you look at the original POB the only triggers we have are wave of conviction, molten shell, blade blast. Blast blade will no longer be used since it doesn't unnerve. We can "self cast" a max level molten hell (left click), so only WOC. That can remain at level 1 to minimize cost (10 mana * 3.5 = 35 mana).

This is with the assumption reckoning and aegis cost 0 mana to trigger, which I think is a reasonable assumption. Patch notes didn't mention them.

Now, incinerate itself is a problem. In Clay's elementalist POB, we cast 10 times a second, 9 mana each cast. 90 mana * whatever the new mana multipliers from supports add up (say 50%), so 145 mana a second. We can sort of sustain it with Mastermind of Discord, maybe craft some -channel mana cost.

Awakened hextouch can be replaced with 3 points to Whispers of doom, since we path right by it.

True, we lost a TON of damage, so much so my hobo version may not be able to do Catarina or high end red maps anymore, but there might still be hope yet.

I think we are getting some -curse effect% (minor pantheon, passive tree) so maybe that frees up a ring.

That said I will probably league start with a frozen orb totem build XD

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 20, 2021, 11:59:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info