[3.24] The Pestilent Viper 🐍 New video : The Viper (improved) & The Mamba (saved from nerfs !)

Hey! I wanted a 'small' challenge and built the Poison Autobomber shown on the first page. Now I'm on my way to lv 90, have most of the items as shown and what I have managed to rebuild, I have rebuilt. Unfortunately, I have massive problems especially in T14-T16. Especially if I don't pay attention for a second, I regularly get hit by one. Unfortunately, I don't know what exactly you can try to save this build.

Maybe you can take a look at the character and write what you notice or whether the build makes sense in 3.23 at all. :D

The character is called: SchwestaLea_Affliction.

Thank you very much <3
Added some information about the defences for the Mamba setup in Affliction (see previous msg, link also in the first post.)

"
Vacoh wrote:
Damn! I didn't mean to bait an improvement of my character with that, I was trying to say that I'll just take a "somewhat finished build" to stupidly follow after.

So this is amazing, thank you so much!

I sometimes get discouraged when I'm testing a build. I hit a brick wall, thinking that the build is bad after all, making me want to give up. It's been true with this new Mamba setup. Around level 85, it started to feel bad, not enough DPS, no survivability. Maybe I was making a big mistake. But no, I managed to improve it step by step and now, it feels smooths to play.
After playing this game for so long, I've learned that there are always ways to improve a character, always new solutions to find. So I think one should not give up if they struggle, thinking that by week 1, they should have a build that destroys a Deli T16 map in <30 seconds, like some streamers who make a mirror a day. For a reasonable amount of time and money, you can do a proper character that certainly won't do miracles but that will be truly enjoyable to play.

"
Hey! I wanted a 'small' challenge and built the Poison Autobomber shown on the first page. Now I'm on my way to lv 90, have most of the items as shown and what I have managed to rebuild, I have rebuilt. Unfortunately, I have massive problems especially in T14-T16. Especially if I don't pay attention for a second, I regularly get hit by one. Unfortunately, I don't know what exactly you can try to save this build.

Maybe you can take a look at the character and write what you notice or whether the build makes sense in 3.23 at all. :D

Thank you very much <3

Hey,

thanks for this attempt ! I'd like to test this setup again.

Your stuff is indeed very good, especially all the mods to get Phasing.

But your character is only level 89. Often, I don't touch t14-16 before level 90+. So try to gain one or two levels by farming t11-12 with Syndicate. Interacting with the members and raiding the safehouses grant a lot of XP.

Here are some suggestions :

- You lack life and mana leech. Gain a level, remove Endbringer on the medium cluster, use the 2 pts to get Clever Thief.

- Replace Efficacy with Energy Leech. You lose DPS but you need to refill your ES to proc Everlasting Sacrifice (+5% all max res for 4 sec).

- Try to replace Deadly Ailments with Void Manipulation : you don't lose a lot of DPS and you can easily cap your leech.

- Get "Non-Vaal Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy" Eldritch implicit on the gloves. Remove Ancestral Call, replace with Fortify (19% more DPS) or Cruelty (40% more).

- Try to use Viper Strike : it can refill Plague Bearer faster.

- Poison mastery : replace "300% inc dmg on non-poisoned" with "20% inc Plague Bearer" or "Recover 3% life on killing a poisoned enemy".

- Test an Oakbranch Tincture to get Culling Strike + Phasing explicit mod.

These changes should give you more survivability.

Here is a PoB with my suggestions : https://pobb.in/3eWBkp6g8vWk

GL & HF !

Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 31, 2023, 5:56:25 AM
Since I also try to understand the build: Why is the one additional monster hit mandatory? Since you're still using Ancestrall Call?
"
Vacoh wrote:
Since I also try to understand the build: Why is the one additional monster hit mandatory? Since you're still using Ancestrall Call?

On my character, I don't use Ancestral Call. I have replaced it with Cruelty since I got the gloves with +1 target.

The main weakness of the build in league is the lack of life. With 3.9k life, I'm too fragile. Maybe I'll try to remove the gems from the gloves to get 25% inc life from Warden ascendancy and cap my res with a new helmet. If I remove my current helmet, I lose 10% DPS, which is an acceptable trade-off for more survivability.

I could also try to use Dissolution of the Flesh jewel.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 1, 2024, 5:51:11 AM
Improved version : https://pobb.in/UozDA75mEpxO

More life (gems in the gloves have been moved into the helmet), a little bit less DPS, better Plague Bearer and (Awakened Ancestral) Call as an alternate to Cruelty support for farming.
20% quality to Withering Step to inflict 8 Wither stacks.
With Pantheon and a jewel, I have "83% reduced effect of chill on you".

Overall, it feels much better in juicy T16 maps.

I have briefly tested Dissolution of the Flesh jewel, but it does not feel good.
I may put a Glorious Vanity jewel east from Witch to get Corrupted Soul (15% life as extra ES).
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 1, 2024, 5:20:28 PM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Added some information about the defences for the Mamba setup in Affliction (see previous msg, link also in the first post.)

"
Vacoh wrote:
Damn! I didn't mean to bait an improvement of my character with that, I was trying to say that I'll just take a "somewhat finished build" to stupidly follow after.

So this is amazing, thank you so much!

I sometimes get discouraged when I'm testing a build. I hit a brick wall, thinking that the build is bad after all, making me want to give up. It's been true with this new Mamba setup. Around level 85, it started to feel bad, not enough DPS, no survivability. Maybe I was making a big mistake. But no, I managed to improve it step by step and now, it feels smooths to play.
After playing this game for so long, I've learned that there are always ways to improve a character, always new solutions to find. So I think one should not give up if they struggle, thinking that by week 1, they should have a build that destroys a Deli T16 map in <30 seconds, like some streamers who make a mirror a day. For a reasonable amount of time and money, you can do a proper character that certainly won't do miracles but that will be truly enjoyable to play.

"

Thank you very much <3

Hey,

thanks for this attempt ! I'd like to test this setup again.

Your stuff is indeed very good, especially all the mods to get Phasing.

But your character is only level 89. Often, I don't touch t14-16 before level 90+. So try to gain one or two levels by farming t11-12 with Syndicate. Interacting with the members and raiding the safehouses grant a lot of XP.

- You lack life and mana leech. Gain a level, remove Endbringer on the medium cluster, use the 2 pts to get Clever Thief.

- Replace Efficacy with Energy Leech. You lose DPS but you need to refill your ES to proc Everlasting Sacrifice (+5% all max res for 4 sec).

- Try to replace Deadly Ailments with Void Manipulation : you don't lose a lot of DPS and you can easily cap your leech.

- Get "Non-Vaal Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy" Eldritch implicit on the gloves. Remove Ancestral Call, replace with Fortify (19% more DPS) or Cruelty (40% more).

- Try to use Viper Strike : it can refill Plague Bearer faster.

- Poison mastery : replace "300% inc dmg on non-poisoned" with "20% inc Plague Bearer" or "Recover 3% life on killing a poisoned enemy".

- Test an Oakbranch Tincture to get Culling Strike + Phasing explicit mod.

These changes should give you more survivability.

Here is a PoB with my suggestions : https://pobb.in/3eWBkp6g8vWk

GL & HF !

Thank you very much for your answer & for taking the trouble. I have now implemented all the changes and will give you a short report:

you can really notice the difference. I have now run several T15 and T16 maps. This permanent dying because you randomly take a lot of damage from something is now almost over. If I died once, then it was my own stupidity. :D You don't notice the damage loss either, except with the map bosses, but welcome to the autobomber builds. xD

Where would you put the next skill points now? 20% more Plague bearer value, get Endbringer again, martial prowess or somewhere completely different?

I will definitely play the build more and report back to you later. :D
"
Thank you very much for your answer & for taking the trouble. I have now implemented all the changes and will give you a short report:

you can really notice the difference. I have now run several T15 and T16 maps. This permanent dying because you randomly take a lot of damage from something is now almost over. If I died once, then it was my own stupidity. :D You don't notice the damage loss either, except with the map bosses, but welcome to the autobomber builds. xD

Where would you put the next skill points now? 20% more Plague bearer value, get Endbringer again, martial prowess or somewhere completely different?

I will definitely play the build more and report back to you later. :D

Glad to see that you could improve !

- Add Withering Step in the boots and get 20/+20% to inflict 8 Wither stacks
- Add 20% quality to Viper Strike, poison will last longer.
- If you use Pestilent Strike, also make sure to have 20% qual
- If you can get one level, add 20% Plague Bearer. I have just re-allocated it on my character and it definitely feels better in T15-16. 1000k Plague is meh, 1200k is good. I might try to use a level 21 gems to get 1320k.
- Your accuracy is only 97%. Even if you allocate Martial Prowess, you will gain only 2%. So you can replace your current Amethyst ring with another Amethyst that has at least +315 to accuracy rating (PoB numbers).

For maps, try to replace Fortify with Ancestral Call. With the gloves, you get +3 targets and it feels smoother for clear, because more hits = more explosions.
For bosses, try to replace Greater Proj with Volley : this way, you won't lose proj, as they will be fired to the bosses while you turn around it.
If you can get to level 92, add Endbringer.

Here is your PoB at level 92 with these changes : https://pobb.in/I2iCoXvm7bSk
Eventually, I will add your PoB in the first post.

Thanks for your efforts and interest, have fun !
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 2, 2024, 6:09:49 AM
The Pestilent Mamba - QoL update

PoB : https://pobb.in/Y0iAJ4givjO2

* Withering Steps 20/+20% to inflict 8 Withered stacks.
* Plague Bearer level 21 : 1320k Plague.
* Corrupted Soul (Glorious Vanity of Doryani) = +15% effective hit pool.

Before that, I've tested The Covenant body armour.
And it felt... really bad.

On the paper, you gain 55% more DPS, which is awesome, but compared to the Perfect Form, the EHP got cut in half (from 42k down to 22k !) and I was dying all the time.
The thing is : I need like 1.5 second to cast Alchemist Mark, cast Ambush and attack with Mamba.
With the Covenant, I would die all the time before I could use these three skills. On the contrary, the Perfect Form grants a huge window of opportunity to trigger this combo, as I avoid > 60% of all attacks and spells.

You can't be a snake is you're not sneaky.

Kintsugi or Cospri's Will should be good choices, too.
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 9, 2024, 1:06:23 PM
A tip for everyone who still needs to buy the Perfect Form:
Don't buy a finished 6l with 3 green, 2 red and 1 blue socket. Those fluctuate between 3-5 divine orbs but are at 5 most of the time. Even more if you want the right socket colours
I instead bought an armour without sockets and links (40-100 chaos).
Then I 6 socketed it with the bench (cost nothing since I already had the 350 jewellers orbs but it would have cost 40 chaos more)
And then bought about 1300 fusings to sixlink it in the bench again. (350 chaos)

In the end I had to colour them right which took me 10 chromatics (Vorici calc says about 70)

So with everything together, I paid less than the three divines a cheap armour would have cost me.
If you can get it for cheap... The last few days they weren't between 3 and 5 divines, but rather close to 5.
Improved build

PoB level 93 : https://pobb.in/_KwzEVtrW6ec

* 7 Frenzy and Affliction charges.
* Bought a different Precursor's ring with Chance to gain up to max Frenzy charges.

* The Adorned jewel + magic corrupted jewels
* 75% chaos res
* Corrupted Soul
* Removed Herald of Agony, which sometimes prevented me from poisoning enemies. Replaced it with Barskin from Maji Ascendancy.
* Linked Enhance 3 to Alchemist's Mark, Withering Step and Plague Bearer. In conjunction with Ashes of the Stars, I get 58% quality :
> Withering Step inflict 12 stacks
> Plague Bearer inflits 22% of its value per sec (base value : 15%), meaning it's much stronger and shorter.

Demo video coming soon.

Good luck and have fun :)
Last edited by rahsaan on Jan 31, 2024, 12:19:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info