[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

"
blah2k6 wrote:
I just started hc ssf and playing a very limited version of this build. It already feels very strong and tanky.

Currently using 5link Staff + Tabula (both can be farmed with div cards) and got very lucky to vaal a Fevered Mind even before Maps.
Just hit level 80 and killed the first conqueror.

So for anyone who is considering playing this in HC - so far it feels like the right choice!

Good to know! I tinker far too much for HC so I avoid putting the tag.
"
CREMMUS wrote:
AHA! I caught you boy! I swear I wasn't stalking.. I was just looking for a necro build for a friend and voila I saw this Storm Brand gathering attention so I opened, and the author was you! Incoming reroll in an hour to this..

Edit :
Do you think this is a good placement for Unnatural Instinct? @f1rstborn
Is it even worth using at all in this build? transferring 95% of Hierophant gear here.

Edit 2:

After a sh*t ton of resonators and lucent and metallic, I'm giving up for now, this is the best I got so far.

We need jewels to help with res, mana and effects like ailments. If that position does it, go for it.

P.s.: stalker!
Last edited by f1rstborn on May 18, 2020, 7:58:03 AM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Louistje1 wrote:
What's the reasoning for keeping clarity lvl 1? Is the extra mana regen negligible compared to the extra mana reservation?

Exactly this. Reservation lowers arcane cloak and damage. The regen is statisticaly insignifcant due to diminishing returns with essence glutton.

Thanks for clarifying, I'm pretty new to this game so sorry for the newbie questions :D

Another thing: do you bother stopping for loot (when it's safe) or do you just cruise through the map and pick up the simulacrum rewards. Or do you go back and pick up any valuables. (that would seem like a waste of time)
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
CREMMUS wrote:
AHA! I caught you boy! I swear I wasn't stalking.. I was just looking for a necro build for a friend and voila I saw this Storm Brand gathering attention so I opened, and the author was you! Incoming reroll in an hour to this..

Edit :
Is it even worth using at all in this build? transferring 95% of Hierophant gear here.

Edit 2:

After a sh*t ton of resonators and lucent and metallic, I'm giving up for now, this is the best I got so far.

We need jewels to help with res, mana and effects like ailments. If that position does it, go for it.

Nah, I completely forgot the militant faith part, I took that and ditched the unnatural.

It hurts so bad to reforge this to life and mana, I am undecided, thoughts?

EDIT :

Could you please check what I did or over did or did not do, my damage is too low.

https://pastebin.com/EZCyEMTv
Last edited by CreedAventus on May 18, 2020, 10:58:31 AM
"
Louistje1 wrote:
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Louistje1 wrote:
What's the reasoning for keeping clarity lvl 1? Is the extra mana regen negligible compared to the extra mana reservation?

Exactly this. Reservation lowers arcane cloak and damage. The regen is statisticaly insignifcant due to diminishing returns with essence glutton.

Thanks for clarifying, I'm pretty new to this game so sorry for the newbie questions :D

Another thing: do you bother stopping for loot (when it's safe) or do you just cruise through the map and pick up the simulacrum rewards. Or do you go back and pick up any valuables. (that would seem like a waste of time)

My loot filter is SUPER strict. The lowest currency that shows is chaos. When I'm super juicing t16s to gain sim splinters (malformation my personal fav) I may even skip chaos to stay ahead of the fog.
"
CREMMUS wrote:
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
CREMMUS wrote:

Edit :

Edit 2:

Nah, I completely forgot the militant faith part, I took that and ditched the unnatural.

It hurts so bad to reforge this to life and mana, I am undecided, thoughts?

EDIT :

Could you please check what I did or over did or did not do, my damage is too low.

https://pastebin.com/EZCyEMTv

That helmet isn't that good unfortunately. I'd suggest finding a shaper helm. Rolling %mana then awakening them together. The ideal helmet is:
-9% lightning
10% increased mana
Flat life
Flat Mana
X
X

-Your damage is very good! 16.3M when i set up your PoB: https://pastebin.com/qjQ0rAye.

-To improve:
1. Balance your resists, or at the minimum make lightning the highest for wise oak.
2. Swap Bottled Faith with Atziri's promise (your wallet will thank you).
3. Improve your helm as described above
4. Improve your large cluster jewel.
5. level up!!! for mana.

Edit: Lose the quicksiver flask! Stampede locks your movement speed, so that flask does literally nothing.
Last edited by f1rstborn on May 18, 2020, 11:44:05 AM
[/quote]

That helmet isn't that good unfortunately. I'd suggest finding a shaper helm. Rolling %mana then awakening them together. The ideal helmet is:
-9% lightning
10% increased mana
Flat life
Flat Mana
X
X

-Your damage is very good! 16.3M when i set up your PoB: https://pastebin.com/qjQ0rAye.

-To improve:
1. Balance your resists, or at the minimum make lightning the highest for wise oak.
2. Swap Bottled Faith with Atziri's promise (your wallet will thank you).
3. Improve your helm as described above
4. Improve your large cluster jewel.
5. level up!!! for mana.

Edit: Lose the quicksiver flask! Stampede locks your movement speed, so that flask does literally nothing.[/quote]

Hey, I was preoccupied trying to hit my crafts, I'm probably 15ex deep from fossils and what not. I'll call it a day and stick with this crap for a while since it's beginning to hurt mi wallet.

I'll go through your list and will work on them, in the meantime I still don't know how to compute the DPS in POB. Also, being a non-crit build, would we benefit from tailwind? I got one lying around..

Last edited by CreedAventus on May 18, 2020, 12:59:01 PM
Hi! Great build, thank u for share!
Can u watch my pob, i dont understand why i have ~30% dmg lover than u
https://pastebin.com/ty0ZA03H
I keep loosing brands, here's a video of what I mean
https://youtu.be/C0nXTVv1Cps

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, the only major change I have done is replace the helm with Indigon, Hubris helmet

Here's the pob https://pastebin.com/UcstxVNZ

nvm, turns it's indigion that makes the mana cost too high
Last edited by lanahliu on May 18, 2020, 3:54:02 PM
Jesus that Large cluster jewel is hard to craft! Super low weighting on Corrosive Elements! Any tips for crafting it? I'm just alteration/regal spamming with no luck so far. (300 alterations deep so far lol)

EDIT: I got it after 200 more alts lol, but I feel like I got insanely lucky.
Getting the Scintillating Idea + 2 Jewel Sockets is hard enough, but than regaling the Corrosive Elements is only a 1,52% chance!
Last edited by Louistje1 on May 18, 2020, 4:56:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info