[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

Hey, one little question. Would you recommend that Build for a Leaguestart or in general with low currency?
I´m not sure how playable it is without 6-Links or maybe mandatory items?
"
blah2k6 wrote:
This sounds like a really cool build!

If archmage doesn't get nerfed to the ground, I might try this next league.

Have you considered including Wave of Conviction into the Cyclone setup instead of Conductivity? Conductivity you could also get from a ring.
Keeping WoC on low level should avoid the phys reflect problem I suppose?

Perhaps Crown of the Inward Eye might also be an option. You would also get damage for all your %mana and %life increases and could use another annoint then Crusader. Perhaps Heart of Thunder, which should make up for the missing -9% on the helmet. Just checked, the crown with enchant is very expensive!

If you use an abyss jewel with corrupted blood immunity and onslaught on kill, you could probably drop the silver flask and don't need the bleed immunity on flask anymore as "normal" bleed should hardly be noticable with all that regen.
That would free up another flask slot for Atziri's

Great ideas all around lets see:
1. Wave of conviction is not needed due to exposure on our large cluster jewel "corrosive elements". It would make a decent alternative in the short term. Today I plan to add a section to the guide talking about curses. I uses conductivity for damage, but any curse can be put here including enfeeble or warlords mark.

2. Crown is a decent option. I'm currently using The Stampede boots and have Crusader annointed there. On a ludicrous budget, i imagine crown+stampede with annointed heart of thunder would beat out the helm in damage, but at the cost of a chunk of defensive stats.

3. Under my flask section I mention a number of alternatives. I'd follow right in line with your suggestion if I had higher base resists. Swapping an abyss for an onslaught jewel and going atziri or bottled faith.
"
Rashun wrote:
Hey, one little question. Would you recommend that Build for a Leaguestart or in general with low currency?
I´m not sure how playable it is without 6-Links or maybe mandatory items?

It could certaintly be played with rares only. Followed by double 5 links (drop conductivity from 1 and lightning pen from the other). These will scale you extremely well. It cannot be played well without foible, likely making that the only truly required unique.
already at lvl 65, tbh its so damn fun than your hiero variant (pls dont be mad xD). now i can dive in at that damned porcupines!!! thanks for the fun at this last months league, cant wait for your build for next league. cheers.
Very good build. I did this but use brand recall as one of my skills instead of fortify.

For your POB, if you are using localidentity fork, you can tick "Enemies are shocked" and type in 15 under "Effect of Shock". Corpse Pact shock enemies :)

However, I won't tick frenzy charges as you might not have them with bosses like Sirus. So the shock kind of cancel that out.

All in all, a very good solid build.

"
DanielQ wrote:
Very good build. I did this but use brand recall as one of my skills instead of fortify.

For your POB, if you are using localidentity fork, you can tick "Enemies are shocked" and type in 15 under "Effect of Shock". Corpse Pact shock enemies :)

However, I won't tick frenzy charges as you might not have them with bosses like Sirus. So the shock kind of cancel that out.

All in all, a very good solid build.

I am using fork, though new to it, I had no idea that worked! Thank you so much.
"
StuckOnHer wrote:
already at lvl 65, tbh its so damn fun than your hiero variant (pls dont be mad xD). now i can dive in at that damned porcupines!!! thanks for the fun at this last months league, cant wait for your build for next league. cheers.

Don't feel bad, that's why I made it! Entire thing is up and running for less than the watcher's eye on the hiero build.
I am playinh a Hierophant version in SSF, but I am pretty squishy, and am thinking of converting.

However the Militant Faith Timeless Jewel converted by High Templar Venarius.... does the build work without it? I have everything else required, but getting this jewel will be difficult in SSF.
"
Vickery wrote:
I am playinh a Hierophant version in SSF, but I am pretty squishy, and am thinking of converting.

However the Militant Faith Timeless Jewel converted by High Templar Venarius.... does the build work without it? I have everything else required, but getting this jewel will be difficult in SSF.

The puprose in the jewel is to leverage our mana as a permanent health potion. The build will work without it, but should be played with a source of life leech. Lightning damage as life temple mod, a decent health flask, perhaps using assassin's mark or atziri's promise. In addition, I'd cut some of the mana nodes and pick up additional life.

Totally viable with some tinkering, substantially much more tanky than the hiero version.
I think I will try this one out as my last char in this league to prepare for the next one. What budget should I allocate to get things going? Like minimum?

Thanks for the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info