[3.10] Ewpewww's 'budget' CoC Arc Herald Stacker - >10 mil shaper DPS for as cheap as ~15ex

"
skalman555 wrote:
"
vildsix wrote:
How do we deal with incoming chaos damage? I dont get it. We are at negative resistances and delirium encounters are really hard on chaos damage.

Check out the body armour in the guide, "Shavronne's Wrappings
Occultist's Vestment" Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield :)

I am not sure, but that doesnt mean we are immune to chaos dmg, are we? I am asking, because i get occasionally one-shot. And it seems elemental or physical damage isnt problem (with all purities and so on).
Last edited by vildsix on May 12, 2020, 7:35:19 AM
I'm a complete dunce. I can't seem to figure out how to search for the mana reservation jewels on the official trade site. The implicit doesn't seem to be there. What am I missing?
"
vildsix wrote:
"
skalman555 wrote:
"
vildsix wrote:
How do we deal with incoming chaos damage? I dont get it. We are at negative resistances and delirium encounters are really hard on chaos damage.

Check out the body armour in the guide, "Shavronne's Wrappings
Occultist's Vestment" Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield :)

I am not sure, but that doesnt mean we are immune to chaos dmg, are we? I am asking, because i get occasionally one-shot. And it seems elemental or physical damage isnt problem (with all purities and so on).

Hey there! First of all, thanks for checking out the guide!

First, chaos damage 'bypasses' ES, which means it is directly applied to life. Shavronne's wrappings prevents that so we still take chaos damage but it is applied to ES first before life.

You are right in pointing out that this build can struggle with chaos damage - in fact, the character that I built based on the 15 ex budget has -60% chaos resistance. It can handle Simulacrum up to wave 20 but might be a little rippy, as you have rightly pointed out.

To deal with chaos damage, you have different options:
(1) Go CI - i will update the guide with how to do so
(2) Get chaos resistance on your rare gear (belt, boots) / jewels / cluster jewels

Hope this is helpful.

Best,
Ewpew
"
tlmills82 wrote:
I'm a complete dunce. I can't seem to figure out how to search for the mana reservation jewels on the official trade site. The implicit doesn't seem to be there. What am I missing?

Hey, thanks for checking out my guide!

This is a legit question - you need to search for "increased mana reserved" as an implicit. Trade reads it as a "-1%" value to this mod.

Cheers,
Ewpew
Thanks, to be honest i migrated from coc ice nova assasin to herald stacking guardian (also coc ice nova, i tried arc too) and i searched many builds and guides, and it seems noone is mentioning it.
Guardian is not fully leveled yet, but still the experience was better on assasin (block variant, CI - so it was super smooth).
"
vildsix wrote:
Thanks, to be honest i migrated from coc ice nova assasin to herald stacking guardian (also coc ice nova, i tried arc too) and i searched many builds and guides, and it seems noone is mentioning it.
Guardian is not fully leveled yet, but still the experience was better on assasin (block variant, CI - so it was super smooth).

Nice! Actually, I was deciding between CoC Ice Nova and Herald Stacking (most people were playing Arc / Divine Ire at that time). That's why I decided to go with CoC and I found the playstyle quite enjoyable. It really depends on your level of investment. I just updated the guide on how to go CI with herald stackers - you might want to check it out :) I haven't played a CoC Ice Nova Assassin so cannot comment which experience is better but hope you are at least still having fun with this!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
tlmills82 wrote:

This is a legit question - you need to search for "increased mana reserved" as an implicit. Trade reads it as a "-1%" value to this mod.

Cheers,
Ewpew

Another question, it seems the Conqueror's Efficiency jewels are super cheap corrupted, can you use those for the mana reduction jewels or should I focus on others for the extra stats?
"
tlmills82 wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
tlmills82 wrote:

Cheers,
Ewpew

Another question, it seems the Conqueror's Efficiency jewels are super cheap corrupted, can you use those for the mana reduction jewels or should I focus on others for the extra stats?

Yes, you should definitely fit in one Conqueror's Efficiency. For its cost, that 2% reduced mana reserved is too good to pass up. Even up till now, my other herald stacker >100ex invested still runs a Conqueror's Efficiency. Hope this helps!
"
Cenxi wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
Cenxi wrote:
Pretty good guide man, might actually try Herald even though I was not planning to. What do you think I should upgrade on a budget of 35ex?

First of all, thanks for checking out the build guide. I am planning to update the guide with upgrade options - basically, what is the most cost efficient upgrade you would spend your next exalts on. So look forward to it.

The best thing about this build is that the upgrade options are limitless :) just to name a few - amulet with reduced mana reserved + vitality aura to give you additional socket (fit in RF / another aura), going CI, flasks, watcher's eye etc.

I suggest you wait for me to update the guide so I can give a proper and comprehensive response to this (want to test things out as well).

Cheers!

Dope! Looking forward to it man.

Just updated the guide with upgrade options - still WIP but you might want to check it out! :)
Hey got the build running and its pretty damn good but I cant seem to be able to fit in Haste? Are you using just the Vaal version or am I missing something obvious? Heres my PoB https://pastebin.com/2Q3nranN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info