[3.11] Odif's League Starter Electric Skeletons-Spectres Necro Build, DISCONTINUED

"
Odif wrote:

Thanks for the feedback

The build gets much stronger from act 5 onward.

Not sure why your spectres are dying, mine never did from act 5 on.
Do you have both minion defensive clusters in the skill tree? (one right above templar start, one to the right of templar start)

Armageddon brand and conductivity can be bought from the vendor in act 3
BUT, as only as you have 3b/r on your triad, you want a cold spell, any will do, and elemental weakness curse (buy in act 3).
Perhaps Winter Orb (Buy in act 3)
Switch to armageddon brand and conductivity once you get 4b triads
(harvest craft can make this happen without chroms)

I prefer feeding frenzy on the skeletons, as it has a unique interaction with skeletons, it gives them DASH ability, its really amazing.

Otherwise put it on your golems.
Too much dps loss on your spectres, as once you get your spectres in a 4 link, they are amazing dps.
have enduring bond, sacrifice, gravepact (only thing Id define as defensive). not familar with skill tree.
Ill look at put feeding frenzy on the skels. Without it though the Spectres hang back.
I have a wand with added cold and a fireball slotted (smashing jars). Just finished Purity of Flesh and was about to work down to EE. just bought a ghastly jewel (8% minion taunt) and also need the jewel slot right there.
only 4L I have is my chest armor.
Harvest is pretty awesome. The ability to craft gear early is good. Much better than Delirium. I will say. Harvest feels like the Investigations with Jun. This only really works when you cycle per map. In a regular season?, The iterations will be too slow... too much time between cycles.... not to get sidetracked.
I was saying.. TRiad is too high a level for Harvest (at least for me currently) IT wont re-color the gloves.
I will look again for Armageddon and Conductivty.

"
anvilgod wrote:
What 6th gem do you recommend for 6L skeletons until I can afford lvl 3 empower? Fortify or...?

Melee physical attack (its also red)
(Its in the guide, but there is SO much info, its easy to overlook stuff.)
"
EiggNog wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

Thanks for the feedback

The build gets much stronger from act 5 onward.

Not sure why your spectres are dying, mine never did from act 5 on.
Do you have both minion defensive clusters in the skill tree? (one right above templar start, one to the right of templar start)

Armageddon brand and conductivity can be bought from the vendor in act 3
BUT, as only as you have 3b/r on your triad, you want a cold spell, any will do, and elemental weakness curse (buy in act 3).
Perhaps Winter Orb (Buy in act 3)
Switch to armageddon brand and conductivity once you get 4b triads
(harvest craft can make this happen without chroms)

I prefer feeding frenzy on the skeletons, as it has a unique interaction with skeletons, it gives them DASH ability, its really amazing.

Otherwise put it on your golems.
Too much dps loss on your spectres, as once you get your spectres in a 4 link, they are amazing dps.
have enduring bond, sacrifice, gravepact (only thing Id define as defensive). not familar with skill tree.
Ill look at put feeding frenzy on the skels. Without it though the Spectres hang back.
I have a wand with added cold and a fireball slotted (smashing jars). Just finished Purity of Flesh and was about to work down to EE. just bought a ghastly jewel (8% minion taunt) and also need the jewel slot right there.
only 4L I have is my chest armor.
Harvest is pretty awesome. The ability to craft gear early is good. Much better than Delirium. I will say. Harvest feels like the Investigations with Jun. This only really works when you cycle per map. In a regular season?, The iterations will be too slow... too much time between cycles.... not to get sidetracked.
I was saying.. TRiad is too high a level for Harvest (at least for me currently) IT wont re-color the gloves.
I will look again for Armageddon and Conductivty.

If you are feeling squishy there are two options.
1) cast your skels ahead of you
2) bone offering (needs merc lab)
"
Zeaket wrote:

Vaal skill gems give you the vaal version of the skill and the regular version of the skill. You'll have both versions on your bars.

"
Odif wrote:

All Vaal skills ALSO have the regular skill on the gem.
So, you use two buttons for the one gem, one button you put Summon Skeleton on.
The other button you put Vaal Summon skeleton on.
(That's why you throw the old one away, you get both skills in one gem!)

P.S.
The build is a bit weak in act 2 and 3, but stick with it, gets good in act 4 and dominates in act 5, and keeps dominating.

Thank you! I feel so dumb x.x I was using the original skill gem like "Wow this is even weaker than they made it seem!" Turns out I am just dense af XD
Hi! What do you think about getting

Will the survavibility be enough with 1/3rd of life less? Just found that wand.

Also i dont kn9ow if this was changed, but in previous leagues Multistrike did not worked with Vaal Skellies (only with regular, summoned skeletons). So maybe replace it with melee splash for faster clear? And in case of bosses single gem swap for multistrike so my normal skellies go mad with DPS ;) Or swap red to blue and use minion speed? That should also work for Vaal skellies.
May seem like a dumb question...
What does spell echo give me? especially if Im pulling it out when actually using the spell it supports?
"
EiggNog wrote:
What does spell echo give me? especially if Im pulling it out when actually using the spell it supports?

I suppose it makes Spectres cast their skill twice? You remove it to summon a spectre. Then when spectres are casting their lightning, they do it twice (using spell echo). Same goes for using Apes that grant charges - you put Blood Magic support with them. Not that you will use life instead of mana, but those apes have small mana pool and cast charges not too often... With Blood Magic linked, they use it and cast charges like mad.
"
misiooo0 wrote:
Hi! What do you think about getting

Will the survavibility be enough with 1/3rd of life less? Just found that wand.

Also i dont kn9ow if this was changed, but in previous leagues Multistrike did not worked with Vaal Skellies (only with regular, summoned skeletons). So maybe replace it with melee splash for faster clear? And in case of bosses single gem swap for multistrike so my normal skellies go mad with DPS ;) Or swap red to blue and use minion speed? That should also work for Vaal skellies.

That wand is so not worth it.
That is a very old item. Power creep has made it mostly useless.
You need your life.

Yes, multistrike does not work on vaal skills.
Yes you can do a gem swap for bosses.
I am WAY too lazy for that.
Last edited by Odif on Jun 22, 2020, 9:15:12 PM
"
EiggNog wrote:

You only remove the spell echo when summoning the spectre, then immediately put it back in.

If you dont remove for summoning, you double cast summon spectre, and likely get the wrong spectre on the second cast.

Minions do not snapshot. Putting the spell echo back in, will support the already summoned spectres.

"
Odif wrote:
"
EiggNog wrote:

You only remove the spell echo when summoning the spectre, then immediately put it back in.

If you dont remove for summoning, you double cast summon spectre, and likely get the wrong spectre on the second cast.

Minions do not snapshot. Putting the spell echo back in, will support the already summoned spectres.

I apologize If Im being dense. but how? it increases mana reduces damage but casts twice. mana and casting twice dont happen cause you pull the gem out. all thats left is the damage reduction. Just to level it... I put it with my raging sprits cause I dont have the linked slots yet... Not to be a tooltip wariror but is there something Im missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info