[3.11] Odif's League Starter Electric Skeletons-Spectres Necro Build, DISCONTINUED

"
I'm sitting at level 22 in act 2 and a little confused. I have vaal skeles but how do I go about using them. I need souls to use the skill but the guide says to swap skeles for vaal. Where am I getting the kill power from?

Sorry if its a dumb question, totally new to summoner builds!

Edit: Mainly asking since the leveling guide says to throw away the original skele skill

Vaal skill gems give you the vaal version of the skill and the regular version of the skill. You'll have both versions on your bars.
"
I'm sitting at level 22 in act 2 and a little confused. I have vaal skeles but how do I go about using them. I need souls to use the skill but the guide says to swap skeles for vaal. Where am I getting the kill power from?

Sorry if its a dumb question, totally new to summoner builds!

Edit: Mainly asking since the leveling guide says to throw away the original skele skill

All Vaal skills ALSO have the regular skill on the gem.
So, you use two buttons for the one gem, one button you put Summon Skeleton on.
The other button you put Vaal Summon skeleton on.
(That's why you throw the old one away, you get both skills in one gem!)

P.S.
The build is a bit weak in act 2 and 3, but stick with it, gets good in act 4 and dominates in act 5, and keeps dominating.

Ok big update!

I killed Kitava 10 with ease.

I started mapping, DPS was great, but I was squishy.

I tried Uber Lab, and died to trash mobs.

SO.....

I redid the tree, to get "cannot be stunned" and "double your block" keystones.
Swapped out flesh offering, swapped in bone offering.

ITS AMAZING
I went from squishy to nice and tanky.

I lost some dps, and some run speed, but the tankiness more than makes up for it.

I bought a +1 all spell gem wand for 7 c.
Hopefully the price keeps going down.

Here is my current, level 77, PoB
https://pastebin.com/t80LHrh8

I will update the guide to the new defensive tree.
Ok, I rewrote the guild to get rid of all mention of flesh offering.
It's all bone offering now.
WE HAVE DEFENSE!

Since we now have keystone that prevents us from being stunned and prevents us from evading, we no longer can use Flesh and Stone.

Either use Skitterbots, which may make you mana starved, or nothing.
Last edited by Odif on Jun 22, 2020, 3:23:48 AM
1. Why armageddon brand, that does fire dame, shouldnt it be Storm brand?
2. Also why do You take the golem skill points, you have no mention of golems.
Last edited by KongHelmer on Jun 22, 2020, 10:05:04 AM
"
KongHelmer wrote:
1. Why armageddon brand, that does fire dame, shouldnt it be Storm brand?
2. Also why do You take the golem skill points, you have no mention of golems.

1) We use Elemental Equilibruim (Keystone on skill tree)
Our minions do lightning damage, we have to do some damage OTHER than lightning to proc EE, I choose armageddon brand, but it could be any fire or cold skill.

2) Under skills, under misc, the guide says to use stone and chaos golem "for the buffs"

Stone golem gives a lot of life regen, chaos golem gives reduced physical damage taken.

You could easily skip the golem cluster and only use one golem, but you would lose the 70% increased golem buffs also.
"
Odif wrote:
Ok
Harvest is about to launch.

If any of you actually use this guide as a league starter for Harvest, please post about it here.

In particular, if you are relatively new to PoE, let me know if you found the guide helpful, and any suggestions you have for improving the guide.

P.S.
I plan on starting with the Zombie variant, as I have some repetative motion issues, and the zombie version is less clicking.
(I think the skel version is stronger early on.)

Greetings started playing in Delirium.
Did a bow ranger for it. Now trying a pet build.
Been following your guide pretty closely.
I find it helpful as it discusses the basics. As a new player, I read other guides that are... informational overload without explanation. Might make sense if youve played a while.
Actually tried trading this time. Getting some of the "needed" items is easier. As well as selling off "optimal for someone else" items.
The "heres what you should be doing right about <now>, <here>, and <there>" is really helpful.
I am currently mid-40s.
I had a hard time keeping specters alive so I switched back to zombies. When I hit the prison I grabbed SlaveTraders and the Innocence/Avertium(sp) fight was the first boss I mamanged to keep spectres alive.
Im running 2 golems, chaos and stone. Skels and Raging Spirit.
I have a +1 minion helm. running Triad with 3b1r. (out of chromes). Bones of Ullr.
Another poster suggested Feeding Frenzy for Spectres.. The aggression seems to make them run ahead of me (which I want) instead of me having to enter a room and a eat face full whatever thows at me.
I just got Curse on Hit but no Armageddon Brand or conductivity and definitely no "on-hit" wand.

Thats where Im at... hope the feedback helps.
"
EiggNog wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
Ok
Harvest is about to launch.

If any of you actually use this guide as a league starter for Harvest, please post about it here.

In particular, if you are relatively new to PoE, let me know if you found the guide helpful, and any suggestions you have for improving the guide.

P.S.
I plan on starting with the Zombie variant, as I have some repetative motion issues, and the

zombie version is less clicking.
(I think the skel version is stronger early on.)

I find it helpful as it discusses the basics. As a new player, I read other guides that are... informational overload without explanation. Might make sense if youve played a while.
Actually tried trading this time. Getting some of the "needed" items is easier. As well as selling off "optimal for someone else" items.
The "heres what you should be doing right about <now>, <here>, and <there>" is really helpful.
I am currently mid-40s.
I had a hard time keeping specters alive so I switched back to zombies. When I hit the prison I grabbed SlaveTraders and the Innocence/Avertium(sp) fight was the first boss I mamanged to keep spectres alive.
I have a +1 minion helm. running Triad with 3b1r. (out of chromes). Bones of Ullr.
Another poster suggested Feeding Frenzy for Spectres.. The aggression seems to make them run ahead of me (which I want) instead of me having to enter a room and a eat face full whatever thows at me.
I just got Curse on Hit but no Armageddon Brand or conductivity and definitely no "on-hit" wand.

Spectres are weak until you get more levels on the gems and more point in your tree for minion life. I wouldn't worry about them at first just level up the gem and use skele/zombies for now.
"
EiggNog wrote:

I am currently mid-40s.

Thanks for the feedback

The build gets much stronger from act 5 onward.

Not sure why your spectres are dying, mine never did from act 5 on.
Do you have both minion defensive clusters in the skill tree? (one right above templar start, one to the right of templar start)

Armageddon brand and conductivity can be bought from the vendor in act 3
BUT, as only as you have 3b/r on your triad, you want a cold spell, any will do, and elemental weakness curse (buy in act 3).
Perhaps Winter Orb (Buy in act 3)
Switch to armageddon brand and conductivity once you get 4b triads
(harvest craft can make this happen without chroms)

I prefer feeding frenzy on the skeletons, as it has a unique interaction with skeletons, it gives them DASH ability, its really amazing.

Otherwise put it on your golems.
Too much dps loss on your spectres, as once you get your spectres in a 4 link, they are amazing dps.
Last edited by Odif on Jun 22, 2020, 12:37:15 PM
What 6th gem do you recommend for 6L skeletons until I can afford lvl 3 empower? Fortify or...?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info