[3.10] Durimon's Kinetic Bolts Ice Spear COC Assassin, 100% Del., 14 ex, FAST MAPPING

I used to be a big fan of wanders back in the days, but after a big nerf, I somehow waited for a moment GGG gives a buff to it. Even I am not fully satisfied with buff on wander skills this league, I found kinetic bolts, a new skill, lovable in that it is really easy to scale dps and be used for COC.

Any COC wanders have a big problem, attack speed. It's almost impossible to make it 6.06 aps while you keep it low budget. One solution is to get an advantage of 'hitting multiple times.' like kinetic blast explosion gives or kinetic bolts' forking with pierce.

This league's all about 'mapping,' not fighting single boss. So, when there are plenty of monsters for kinetic bolts to hit, your ice spear gets triggered as many time as one with 6.06 aps.

Also, Ice spear is one skill that can shot-gun a single enemy. Having as many projectile no. as you can, you get huge dps boosting.

About the defense, it's 'durimon defense setting' again. One thing different from previous cyclone based ice nova coc build is that you have a projectile skill now, which means you can dodge, hit enemies from long distance and make a full benefit from projectile skill characteristics. On the other hand, this also means you cannot always stand in the same position not moving at all and hitting the enemies. You have to take an advantage of projectile skill.

Video

T16 Minotauer Map Full Run + 3 Conquerors (one with 40% delirium) + Sirus + Simulacrum + T16 100% Delirium Map Full Run (all awk. 8):

https://youtu.be/t4c2QvA5X48

(Previous Teaser Video) Super Fast T16 Minotauer Map Full Run + T16 100% Delirium Map Full Run (both awk. 8):

https://youtu.be/qw2c-FcKLZo

POB :
https://pastebin.com/EW0884jZ

Budget : 14 ~ 15 ex

Gear and Gem Setting

Spoiler

JEWELS:

1. Have one small cluster jewel corrupted with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" This is a must and cheapest way to get it. (mine 90c)

2. Militant Jewel must be with the name, DOMINUS. Other mods are not important at all because you don't really have devotion.

3. The most expensive cluster jewels I am using is 3 medium ones with precise focus. It's now 1 ex ~ 1.4 ex. If you have plenty of alter orbs, just make it by yourself with the 4 or 5 passive base, item lvl above 79. For me, it took like total 120c to make each.

FLASK for Simulacrum :

Because this is projectile build, you need to cover ele. resist and dmg reduction.

Amulet Mods you need to look for:

1. Discipline (or Hatred) has % reduced mana reservation
2. Accuracy
3. Stats and Resistance you need
Extra : frit multi / % increased spell dmg / % dmg per power charge / ES / Armour

Helmet

+1 Ice Spear Projectile enchant is the best. But if you cannot get it, you can use +1 power charge corrupted inward crown:

But, like I said, +1 projectile is the best. (only 1 ex, but I bet they will be gone in trade soon)

Weapon !IMPORTANT!

The mod you MUST have:

1. Spell DMG
2. Crit Chance
3. Attack Speed

Extra : Crit multiplier / +1 cold spell skill / cold flat dmg / dmg per power charge / (cold) damage penetration / increased hatred aura effect

There are so many wand mods that can generate about same dps as mine (or higher). For example (90c, 50c / The one I am using 90c / 30c):

Best way to get a good wand is to use POB. Look for a wand that has vaild mods combined like above and copy and paste on POB to see dps change.

But! you must remember that crit chance must be there on wand to have 100% crit chance / the faster the attack speed, the more ice spear gets triggered against a single target.

Boots Enchant !Important!

We actually need '50% (80%) chance to avoid being stun' enchant on boots. But I failed to get it on lynth run and did not have time for another try. Get it if you can, it will give you better survivablity

Important Numbers in This Build

Spoiler
1. Hit chance must be 100% for normal monsters, closed to 100% for evasive monsters
2. Crit chance must be 100% with full power charge (without diamond flask of course) Usually, if you have the same passive and medium cluster jewels and 25% crit chance on both wands like mine, you will have 100% crit chance.
3. Physical Reduction must be at least 55%
4. Get as much ES as you can from your gear, and make it above 4000. (3900 like mine is also tanky enough but of course, the higher the better)

Interesting Gem Setting Info.

Spoiler
1. Try Lesser multiple projectile support instead of 'cold penetration support.' Actually, this one gives out most DPS but I decided to show the build with cold penetration support because DPS on enemies are steady no matter they have extra cold resist..

Passive Tree

Spoiler

Thread of Hope:

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Bandit

Spoiler
Kill All

Pantheon

Spoiler
Solaris (open all) - Abberath (open all)

No-No Map Mods

Spoiler
1. No leach
2. Less and No regen
3. Mods you have to be extra careful : - resist, of phy dmg as extra ele. dmg

Leveling Tip

Spoiler
1. This is ES + COC build which means there is no particular lvling guide on it. You just lvl up with any skill that you find easiest and regret-orb to get ES nodes and everything at once.

2. I recommend Ball Lightning Miner or icicle miner for fast lvling. These are cheapest build for fast lvling.

Playing Tip

1. Do not be afraid of using all flasks at once. Drink all at once when u are to hit bunch of monsters. (get a short stick and place it on 12345. Then one push will make 12345 pushed at once, if you are lazy)

2. For boss fighting and dangerous moment, don't forget you have vaal molten shell + vaal discipline. Use it when you are in danger

3. When killing bosses, use all buff to enjoy '1~2 sec elimination'

4. for 100% delirium and simulacrum bosses, make the fight one-on-one first killing monster around them, then you are good to go and piece of cake.

Durimon Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRtM1TEmxxyOJe968F5xtg

Durimon Twitch : https://twitch.tv/durimon

Last edited by bluewelkin on May 6, 2020, 1:05:54 AM
Last bumped on May 11, 2020, 11:44:23 PM
Hi, you can count me among the people that are teased by this build ;-)
I'm currently trying to do a Kinetic Bolt / Power Siphon Wander, and I was also thinking about a CoC or Spellslinger Ice Spear setup.

Also, I like your "new way of ES and DPS" concept, and I'll try to use it, even if it's on a different build than your Coc Ice Nova.

Finally, one of your former build, the Valar Morghulis, inspired me for my own Nightblade Assassin build. I managed to use two cluster jewels and that allowed me to finally beat a very hard 100% Aoe Aul at depth 560.

Thx, will be following your ideas :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 4, 2020, 10:22:52 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Hi, you can count me among the people that are teased by this build ;-)
I'm currently trying to do a Kinetic Bolt / Power Siphon Wander, and I was also thinking about a CoC or Spellslinger Ice Spear setup.

Also, I like your "new way of ES and DPS" concept, and I'll try to use it, even if it's on a different build than your Coc Ice Nova.

Finally, one of your former build, the Valar Morghulis, inspired me for my own Nightblade Assassin build. I managed to use two cluster jewels and that allowed me to finally beat a very hard 100% Aoe Aul at depth 560.

Thx, will be following your ideas :)

More than happy to hear that mine helps!
Build Guide is up!
All right, very interesting.
Got a dual-wander, but my clearing is so-so. I'm gonna imitate your idea and try a simple 4L KB+CoC+Spear+Multiple Proj.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Looks nice to me, going to give it a try, just one question, why not using mistwalker ascendancy?
"
Darkblade97 wrote:
Looks nice to me, going to give it a try, just one question, why not using mistwalker ascendancy?

Because you don't really need it. For defensive puporse, it's good to have it but it's when base defense mechanics of the build rely on evasion. Also, dmg is high enough to eliminate monsters with one-click. So, you don't really need elusive-phasing.

You will see no benefit from elusive if you try it since it won't make you evade strong bosses attacks (delirium bosses) which is the only thing this build has to be careful with. Other monsters and bosses are no worries. They are too weak to be survived from your one-click or 1~3 sec elimination with full buff.

This is why I see taking mistwalker a waste of ascendancy point. Rather, it's good to have more dps and culling strike.

One thing I couldn't get is '50% chance to avoid stun' enchant on boots. You need it for better survivablity. (It doesn't mean that you are weak without it. All video shown above is without the enchant. It's just 'better')

Thanks.
"
rahsaan wrote:
All right, very interesting.
Got a dual-wander, but my clearing is so-so. I'm gonna imitate your idea and try a simple 4L KB+CoC+Spear+Multiple Proj.

4L is not enough for high dps I guess. If you can afford 6L, try kb + coc + spear + multiple proj. + lesser project. + added cold dmg

Increasing number of projectile on ice spear brings you the most dps boost. But the problem is there's some monsters and mods with high cold resist. that make dmg reduced. (This is why I chose cold penetration even though lesser proj. gives me more dps.)

Thanks.
hELLO,

i try out your build, but something is wrong even i try to copy all.

My Damage is very low and i cant run T16.

Can you pls help me and look my pob ?

https://pastebin.com/Tt1KhgTe

feels like ice spear doesnt trigger as often like it should..

ty for the Guide
"
xsolh wrote:
hELLO,

i try out your build, but something is wrong even i try to copy all.

My Damage is very low and i cant run T16.

Can you pls help me and look my pob ?

https://pastebin.com/Tt1KhgTe

feels like ice spear doesnt trigger as often like it should..

ty for the Guide

Your POB link is not working. But from what you said, I can guess you lack of crit chance.

Ice Spear gets triggered on Crit strike. So, like the guide says, crit chance must be 100% with full power charge and without any flask. Then you will see ice spear triggered every time kinetic bolts hit enemies.

Accuracy is important as well. Hit chance must be 100% in order for kb to hit enemies without a miss.

Best way to get crit chance is to have wanders with 25% crit chance (not for spell, just crit chance). When weapon base crit chance gets higher, increased crit chance from other sources get applied with higher number. (just a simple math).

Also, passive tree is very important in my build (all my build I uploaded in 3.10). Check if you have all the passive nodes including cluster jewel ones.
Last edited by bluewelkin on May 6, 2020, 3:38:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info