[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
4) Use Circle of Anguish rings with mana reservation/buff effect AND change Concentrated effect for Hypotermia in 6 link until you get your helm enchant.

Do we need only one ring for fix mana problem or two?
I think that I'm going for this LL while i earn some ex in league. But there's one big question for me: what do you recomend to get block caped, couse i play HC league and ca't get legacy Rumis? :)
"
xedimo wrote:
I think that I'm going for this LL while i earn some ex in league. But there's one big question for me: what do you recomend to get block caped, couse i play HC league and ca't get legacy Rumis? :)

Replace the Rare Jewel with a spell block cluster jewel and use tempest shield
Last edited by zzang on Jun 26, 2020, 9:52:49 AM
So i am currently playing a Life based Version of VD/DD Spellslinger with Inpulsa's and The Surrender, two items that basically carried me into high tier red maps by themselves, but at this point I'd need some investment to fix my defense and honestly I am pondering if transitioning to this version isn't the smarter choice. I have ~20 Ex to play with - more if I'd get rid of the Inpulsa's and The Surrender - which according to the guide should be enough to get me all set with the basics, correct?
Hey,

I'm trying to understand why some people use different thing in the cast wand:

It's alwasy bone offering + wave of conviction but i have seen 3 things for the last one:

Flammability, Elemental weakness and Combustion.

Why? Which is the best to do what?
If you PoB it (Path of building) you can clearly see their difference. Depends on your setup.
I mean i can see their difference but i'm far from understanding all mechanics (just readed that boss have reduced curse effect) , but i don't understand why so many people running the same gems i do only change on this part.

From what i gathered:

Elemental weakness reduces more fire resist but don't give ignite chance compared to flammability.

Nobody is talking about combustion though.

And i still don't know if VD+DD spellslinger is using ignite but i would guess not that much.

Last edited by Eclypsons on Jun 26, 2020, 11:47:25 AM
Wondering how do you scale ST damage without going LL? I am currently running the glancing blows/call to arms version I see on poe.ninja and my ST seems pretty shitty for conqs/sirius.

Current gear atm:

"
Lakishe wrote:
I mean i can see their difference but i'm far from understanding all mechanics (just readed that boss have reduced curse effect) , but i don't understand why so many people running the same gems i do only change on this part.

From what i gathered:

Elemental weakness reduces more fire resist but don't give ignite chance compared to flammability.

No it doesn't. Elemental weakness is 39+5 = 44 and flamability is 44. So they give exactly the same damage but flammability also gives us chance to ignite which is essential.

"
Lakishe wrote:

Nobody is talking about combustion though.

And i still don't know if VD+DD spellslinger is using ignite but i would guess not that much.

What is there to talk about combustion? And VD/DD is linked to elemental focus so not at all.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info