[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Discordian827 wrote:
Zzang can you help me figure out why my damage is so low compared to yourss? https://pastebin.com/ixdKygv3

drop the small cluster jewels.
get some dual/triple crit multi cobalt jewels.
Can someone explain why in the helmet we want Hypothermia when I can't see how we're dealing any cold damage? Is there some hidden aspect to Hypo that interacts with this I don't understand?

Thanks
"
SenderHoN wrote:
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Discordian827 wrote:
Zzang can you help me figure out why my damage is so low compared to yourss? https://pastebin.com/ixdKygv3

Not Zzang, but:

1) Your items are quite top notch, but Wand is atrocious. Try to first buy any wand with +1 all spell skill gems and some relevant stats to get 82% CDR. You already have elevated mod on belt, your Spellslinger gem just needs to be level 21 and it's all set. There is a crafting guide in the 1st page.

2) You have one Awakened Spell Cascade, but it doesn't help yet. Your VD and DD are blasting away nicely.. or would be if Desecrate just could feed enough corpses. Get another one asap.

3) Buy level 21 Volatile Dead. This is minor compared to 1) and 2).

I looked at this build, and I have to disagree on this assessment. Awakened spell cascade is absolutely a big deal. Lvl 21 VD is obviously nice, but the wand and the vd gem level are not why the damage of your build is so low. However, you are missing 6 crit multi jewels. I put in triple crit multi jewels into your build and your damage more than doubled. I know that these are expensive, but you should be able to at least get 2x multi. Additionally, you can buy ones with 3x multi and harvest craft es onto them. I understand that you probably put in the small clusters because of your es, but it's frankly not worth it. I think you would be better served by getting boots with 200 es and cdr and gloves with 200 es over what you are currently using. Culling/Unnerve/elusive are nice, but you are sacrificing so much damage and es for those 3 mods. Also, it would be ideal to get a belt with #% increased max es. Lastly, you would gain a lot of damage by getting a cinderswallow and diamond flask with critical strike chance.

Im not concerned about my ES currently. the Crit Multi is for sure part of the equation but I don't think its the full story. thanks for the feedback I'll add it to the list of changes

"
amkronos wrote:
Can someone explain why in the helmet we want Hypothermia when I can't see how we're dealing any cold damage? Is there some hidden aspect to Hypo that interacts with this I don't understand?

Thanks

Necromancer gives chill and shock to mobs near corpses
Any advice what I should upgrade next? My thoughts its rings ( buff + dmg) or wand.
"

I don't think anything would beat righteous fire for delirium mapping.

And this build is too slow for regular maps. :)

It wont beat Headhunter CoC Assassin rofl clearspeed for sure. I was just adding that Enduring Cry is a lot safer while mapping as some people tend to complain they die.
Hello,

Thanks for the build, it's fun. I'm quite noobish so I have some trouble. Where do you see your dps in POB? In general, I just select my main skills but I don't know how in this build.

I got a belt/boots to get the 66% CDR.
I need an another SpellSlinger level 21 to be on.

So what's next ? After reading, I saw that the +1 all gem is good on the wand but I could do without it for the moment.

So I should target an Awakened Spell Cascade ?

My problem right now, it's often in the Ritual, some mobs don't take any damage. Feels kinda weird.

My actual focus right now is to get to 94-95.

Any thought on my gear ?
"
CShaela wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the build, it's fun. I'm quite noobish so I have some trouble. Where do you see your dps in POB? In general, I just select my main skills but I don't know how in this build.

I got a belt/boots to get the 66% CDR.
I need an another SpellSlinger level 21 to be on.

So what's next ? After reading, I saw that the +1 all gem is good on the wand but I could do without it for the moment.

So I should target an Awakened Spell Cascade ?

My problem right now, it's often in the Ritual, some mobs don't take any damage. Feels kinda weird.

My actual focus right now is to get to 94-95.

Any thought on my gear ?

your gem setup is wrong.
take the helm gems, and put into a 6 link until you get the crafted version of the helm.
otherwise, you gimp your dps massively.
check the POB for league setup without massive investment, and copy the gem setup here.
https://pastebin.com/pUfZfS3j
I didn't saw the gem setup was different !

Thanks a lot, the dps difference is very huge !
I've mostly played melee builds so don't know anything about LL or ES builds. What should I upgrade next? My ES is only 7.2k and I'd like to get that to 9k but what's the best way to do that? I know my belt sucks and need to also level more. I have about 13ex to spend.

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/JNijujtU
Last edited by Deim_ on Mar 2, 2021, 5:17:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info