[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Hi, nice build, the pastebin isn't working.

Are you using the correct version of PoB?
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases
"
malgav wrote:
is Vessel of Vinktar better than Coralito's Signature if we schock anyway? with winktar do i need to stay close to target? and is xx to xx lightening damage to attack best affix on this flask?

Coralito is a good flask for single target, i.e. boss with the increased poison duration. It also tend to inflate your PoB DPS, and the extra chance to poison is nice to have.

However, Coralito is largely useless in the clearing department because we want mobs to die as fast as possible. Increasing poison duration doesn't help in this regard, at all. Furthermore, Coralito causes you to deal 30% less damage with hits, which is a no go for shock and init arrow hits. It will noticeably reduce your clearing potential.

I would suggest not to use Coralito in map, and if you want to have some additional DPS against bosses, swap Coralito in.

"
with vinktar do i need to stay close to target? and is xx to xx lightening damage to attack best affix on this flask?

Iirc, the "nearby" range of vinktar is large enough, and you don't need to stay too close to the target. Need to double check myself later on (no reply means no further correction).

Flat lightning damage from Added light ing damage support is great wih V-Rift since 60% will be converted to chaos.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 20, 2020, 10:00:52 AM
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:
Thanks for the great guide.
I had a little more complicated leveling than most, I wanted to risk the Scourge / BlastRain setup from the beginning to train the gameplay.
Arriving to act9, I stopped for a while to farm some Humility cards to buy the V-Rift.
Currently progressing well and the build working wonderfully, the gameplay is very fluid.
Now getting ready for the next upgrades..

Any and all tips are welcome :3

Nice mid-game gears indeed.

Your next upgrades would be a ring with despair on hit + some life and resisit (if possible), or using Witchbrew fire in the meantime until you've got such a ring. Then a cheap corrupted 6-link chest (socket GGGBBB, for 10-15c) if you don't plan to 6 link any gear any time soon. Put your BR on embalmer if you want that corrupted chest. Next in line is either a cheap +1 arrow quiver (for easier pod control vs single target) or cluster jewels (prioritize Enduring composure and flask jewel first bcz they're cheap and good overally). And Duskblight boot as well if the price drops anywhere under 10c.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 20, 2020, 10:00:32 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
SnowBerry1984 wrote:
help me plz.=(I don't have dmg and life.... =(

There are 3 pieces of gears you can upgrade:
+ Voltaxic Rift
+ 6-link Corrupted chest
+ Enduring mana flask (essential for mid-game SA).

Edit: also drop Arctic Armor for Skitterbot.

that's right I hope ?
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:
Thanks for the great guide.
I had a little more complicated leveling than most, I wanted to risk the Scourge / BlastRain setup from the beginning to train the gameplay.
Arriving to act9, I stopped for a while to farm some Humility cards to buy the V-Rift.
Currently progressing well and the build working wonderfully, the gameplay is very fluid.
Now getting ready for the next upgrades..

Any and all tips are welcome :3

Nice mid-game gears indeed.

Your next upgrades would be a ring with despair on hit + some life and resisit (if possible), or using Witchbrew fire in the meantime until you've got such a ring. Then a cheap corrupted 6-link chest (socket GGGBBB, for 10-15c) if you don't plan to 6 link any gear any time soon. Put your BR on embalmer if you want that corrupted chest. Next in line is either a cheap +1 arrow quiver (for easier pod control vs single target) or cluster jewels (prioritize Enduring composure and flask jewel first bcz they're cheap and good overally). And Duskblight boot as well if the price drops anywhere under 10c.

I made Enduring composure as the first cluster, it improved the resistance well
Now I will level more to put at least the flask cluster
Looking at 6L armor to buy
Thanks for the tips, I will use them based to proceed

https://prnt.sc/ukkson
Would someone check my character what I'm doing wrong? I just moved to mapping but I have zero single target dps :(
I'm planning to upgrade to 6l corrupted atm, but I don't know if that alone would help that much. I'm struggling with tier 1 map bosses that never happened before.
Last edited by warden91 on Sep 20, 2020, 1:38:02 PM

hi, i'm at 80-ish, can i check on what is the next few items i should upgrade for better DPS? I'm currently at t1-5 maps and is doing fine.

Just also want to check, for the POB final version, i see surging vitality and fettle, do i replace the surging with enduring composure as per your picture screenshot?
"

Really enjoying the build. Just a quick question, how do I improve my single target dps?
"
pandadarren wrote:

hi, i'm at 80-ish, can i check on what is the next few items i should upgrade for better DPS? I'm currently at t1-5 maps and is doing fine.

Just also want to check, for the POB final version, i see surging vitality and fettle, do i replace the surging with enduring composure as per your picture screenshot?

Yes, correct. The practical way to have Enduring composure this league is to craft it on a cluster jewel, as the picture screenshot.
--

Important (Please check this out)

Hi there,

Look like there are common questions regarding the single-target DPS with V-Rift. So, here are some suggestions on how to improve it.

0) Let's play against the boss together:
https://youtu.be/R2Ao6FJaeG8?t=311.
This was done with a 5-link SA + V-Rift + Stormcharger, no Herald of Thunder nor Duskblight acquired yet.
It's probably not the best example out there but should be enough to give you an idea of how it works.

(New) 1) This is experiementing, but Faster Attack Speed Support can be a good gem for a 6-link SA, replacing deadly ailment. It helps channel 5 stage faster until you gain enough APS without it.

1) Try to 5-stage SA as much as you can during the boss fight. The routine:
  • Shoot one round of Blast Rain, let MiA, which should link to BR-Withering Touch-GMP for a 4-link, lock on the target and generate withered stacks.
  • Move a bit closer to the target and channel 5-stage SA. If you have only one arrow, just make sure you distance yourself not too far from the target so the target gets hit by 5 thorn arrows.
  • Move to dodge the incoming attack.
  • Rinse and repeat.

2) Grabbing an Enduring mana/hybrid flask
So that you can channel 5-stage SA without worrying about mana depletion.

3) Grab a despair curse on hit ring

4) Flask: Overflowing Chalice is a must in boss fights
Also plug in a Coralito flask for single target. Note that Coralito makes you deal 30% less damage with hit, so it's not the best candidate for clear.

5) Check your hit rate and chance to poison on hit
SA is a hit-based attack. That means you need to have north of 96% hit chance for SA to hit and inflict poison. Also, chance to poison is important for thorn arrows to deal maximize damage with poison. In the early, if you find it hard to cap poison on hit, use Coralito's signature flask until you can cap poison on hit elsewhere. To cap poison chance without a Coralito, drop 2 minor increased poison duration nodes in the Fatal Toxin wheel for +15% chance to poison on hit on the same wheel and an additional +15% from Toxic Strikes wheel, if you haven't taken it.

6) Take as many attack speed nodes as possible
The faster attack speed, the shorter it takes to 5-stage SA, and hence improve both your DPS and mobility/survivability. Less stationary time = less chance to get hit.
Grab the Unpredictable Offensive wheel for channelling. Swift Venoms is an important wheel to take.

7) Last resort
7.1) Replace Void manipulation on SA by Deadly Ailment.
7.2) If you still struggle with the single target damage, you can consider drop all herald & aura but Herald of Agony, and get a Malevolence.

------------------
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 21, 2020, 6:39:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info