[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

This is my current setup. I'm in between two of the forum builds. Solid defense and pretty high DPS still using Diadem. Any thoughts of min maxing my build a little more or something that I could change that i'm missing? I have 100ex at my disposal this build has been very good at earning currency thus far.
"
Viktranka wrote:
P.S. I looked at your setup and I see some interesting ideas (like skitterbots + damage against chilled enemies belt), but what do you do with ball lightning? Is it just to proc herald of ice?

i just changed my shit
so the belt was left over from my previous build, self cast ice nova trickster. the damage vs chilled enemies is only damage with hits, so doesn't help TR at all. ball lightning i was just leveling. i have some extra links and need to decide what type of CWDT setup i want to run as im still not sure

you can check out my setup now, i've changed my tree and stuff quite a bit. gained a TON of damage without losing almost any ehp. i have an open jewel socket for what will be a malevolence watcher's eye soon as someone is online that i can buy from

but ya...this is my bow. self crafted. this is my 3rd self crafted bow like this - it actually isn't even insanely difficult to do

right now with my totems myself and mirage archer im sitting at 32.4m shaper dps with my new tree (and once i get watcher's eye). swapping the craft to +2 support gems (for 2 exalts though) would bump me to 34m shaper dps. probably something i won't do, as i don't have the craft and its boost in dmg i don't think justifies the cost.
the warlord's slam was for the last suffix, which could either get culling strike, additional projectile, % chance to maim or that phasing mod. the phasing mod is a nice QoL but additional proj would have obviously been the best outcome

the main difference between my build and this one is the -9% chaos res helmet. at the time it was too expensive for me to think about getting it with the helm enchant. now the way my other gear is, i probably couldn't get it if i wanted to.
PF and trickster are similar, just kind of swap out QoLs. trickster has great built in sustain where as PF needs to use cinderswallow to get the sustain. PF has great area scaling where as trickster needs to use carcass to get it. etc

even though the sporeguard chest does lack flat life, 10% isn't too bad. thats equivalent to 72 flat life with my other stats, so like the same as carcass. the anoint opens up a bunch more possibilities too. i have constitution, which means my chest gives me 20 flat life and 24% hp.

i was running raider for the dodge/evade and immunity to ailments but the damage boost in PF can't be ignored. also raider is forced to use EB, where as pathfinder is great for flask usage, having a mana flask you can then run all map mods without issue.
"
Hotlikedonkey wrote:
This is my current setup. I'm in between two of the forum builds. Solid defense and pretty high DPS still using Diadem. Any thoughts of min maxing my build a little more or something that I could change that i'm missing? I have 100ex at my disposal this build has been very good at earning currency thus far.
Personally I wouldn't bother using Grace unless you use Queen of the Forest, imo what it gives for 50% reservation is very "overpriced" in mana cost.

Personally with diadem I'm running malevolence + flesh&stone + skitterbots + aspect of the spider, it requires either enlighten 4 or the 1-point reservation node next to CI (4%), but I'm quite happy with the setup.

Then you save 3-4 points you had to spend in charisma wheel.

Then I'd probably go for dot multi /w malevolence Watcher's eye, you could try to find one with attack speed /w precision too but then you have to fit rank 1 precision somewhere (both socket wise and mana reservation wise).

Also keep in mind gripped glove implicit doesn't work (it needs to say "projectile damage" not "projectile attack damage" to work for TR) so you could swap that for attack speed + chaos multi glove.

If you wanna bother crafting stygian vise further you could get one with % life and increased chaos damage, they're both hunter mods.

Personal preference, but I wouldn't go for evasion cluster (untouchable), I tried "no witnesses" (gives elusive) and it's pretty nice, you get periodic dodge and movement speed, decent QoL while mapping.

I'd probably also drop that point next to lethal assault and just go for extra jewel socket left of method to the madness.

"
xMustard wrote:
i just changed my shit
so the belt was left over from my previous build, self cast ice nova trickster. the damage vs chilled enemies is only damage with hits, so doesn't help TR at all.
Well damn, thought it would work. Do you know if the mod "increased damage during flask effect" works? Was considering if there's a spot for it on a PF cuz flasks are in constant use, but now I'm having doubts.

"
xMustard wrote:
but ya...this is my bow. self crafted. this is my 3rd self crafted bow like this - it actually isn't even insanely difficult to do
How did you craft it? With essences or other method?

"
xMustard wrote:
trickster has great built in sustain where as PF needs to use cinderswallow to get the sustain.
I spent 1 passive for "brush with death", not the same as cinderswallow and sacrifices a node that could be used for something better, but cinderswallow is kinda overpriced this season and also I'm pretty starved on flask slots, for example I'd rather keep the quartz to reach 60% spell dodge before elusive. Pretty sure lucky spell dodge saved me from extra deaths on Sirus last time.

So I see in the end you dropped that deshret jewel and going towards scion life nodes, you feel that's a better setup overall?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
i just changed my shit
so the belt was left over from my previous build, self cast ice nova trickster. the damage vs chilled enemies is only damage with hits, so doesn't help TR at all.
Well damn, thought it would work. Do you know if the mod "increased damage during flask effect" works? Was considering if there's a spot for it on a PF cuz flasks are in constant use, but now I'm having doubts.

"
xMustard wrote:
How did you craft it? With essences or other method?

"
xMustard wrote:
trickster has great built in sustain where as PF needs to use cinderswallow to get the sustain.
I spent 1 passive for "brush with death", not the same as cinderswallow and sacrifices a node that could be used for something better, but cinderswallow is kinda overpriced this season and also I'm pretty starved on flask slots, for example I'd rather keep the quartz to reach 60% spell dodge before elusive. Pretty sure lucky spell dodge saved me from extra deaths on Sirus last time.

So I see in the end you dropped that deshret jewel and going towards scion life nodes, you feel that's a better setup overall?

the reason why my belt mod doesn't work is because its with "hits". damage over time doesn't hit. but any other generic damage modifier would work, so "damage during flask effect" would work. "damage with hits during flask effect" would not. just depends how its worded

the way i crafted my bow was alt/regal. when i got +2 socketed bow gems and damage over time i used the beastcraft to imprint the bow and regal'd. i think i used 6 or 7 of those imprints before getting t2 atk spd. i didn't feel like using another 30 (at 130c a piece) to try for t1 atk spd.
then i slapped on cannot roll attack mods, exalt slammed the guaranteed +1 socketed gems, then crafted my final prefix and warlord exalt slammed the last suffix

ya cinderswallow is overpriced almost always. i scored mine for real cheap, but yes Brush with Death is very good. i would also prefer to run a quartz flask and i would probably instead of my quicksilver flask if i didn't have phasing on my bow, but since i do while general mapping i just use quicksilver.

yes i feel its a much better setup. its way less intelligence intensive for your gear, so it makes that easier. also the timeless jewel gave you 20% reduced damage taken if you haven't been hit recently, but it also gives you 40% reduced evasion if you haven't been hit recently so i just found myself getting hit too often to justify the reduced damage, which didn't feel noticeable at all.

and again once i get my final jewel i may have even GAINED ehp. currently sitting at 6,234 hp and 485 es.

some further tweaks i might do is add in a golem on a CWDT. maybe try to squeeze in vaal grace since i scale duration so huge.

edit: just got my jewel. bye bye 30 exalts

want the bleed mod because for whatever reason when things blow up from my sporeguard chest, that DOES apply corrupted blood on you. and this mod will stop corrupted blood
Last edited by xMustard on May 4, 2020, 3:22:00 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
edit: just got my jewel. bye bye 30 exalts

want the bleed mod because for whatever reason when things blow up from my sporeguard chest, that DOES apply corrupted blood on you. and this mod will stop corrupted blood
Yeah I just use corrupted blood abyss jewel in stygian belt, the downside is hunter influenced stygian vise would be very expensive (requires hunter orb) but I don't think I'll go for it as I'm already tight on capping resists.
very dope build. just 1 thing is dat i cant solve. Mana problem 'n bosses!
What am I missing? Doesn't TR have built in hinder (albeit 10%) to trigger touch of cruelty? Spider is nice, but 35% mana reservation seems like a high price to pay for something you already get. (Of course, the 15% increased damage taken is nice too for things that get 3 stacks.)
aspect of spider is only 25% reservation, and its one of the best auras for damage over time builds anyway. the slow (which does stack, with diminishing returns) and the inc dmg are great

there are multiple ways to deal with mana issues. use EB in various ways, use an enduring mana flask, get -mana cost on jewelry etc
I loved your WinterOrb guide so glad you continuing 'the best one' series :)

Since you are on a mission to find the best version, would you mind giving your feedback on this Pathfinder version in terms of dps, speed, survivability comparison?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D478FZgbcI&t=357s

Hard pressed to decide!
Looking for a transition from an ed trickster at level 96 struggle vs the harder content like 100 delirious kosis level 20 sirus and Uber elder. I can kill them but takes about 5 portals. How does this build compare in terms of survivability?

I imagine it is similar but just trying to get a sense of how it deals with end game content. Even at near million dps it kills the bosses slowly and I still get one shot with 4.5k hp and 2k es but feels like it's just a cap on the build. Hard to want to run from a build that clears so well though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info