(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

"
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I think the notification that someone has entered your zone should be left in, was like that in Demons Souls (loved that game) and it really does get the blood pumping when you see it.

Goodness yes, and even if we don't get a sound cue, at least make the notification a different colour. Even better, flash that sucker in the middle of the screen. With a really loud noise.

Give me a reason to wear a diaper while playing this game. Please.

I have to admit the hostility sound of d2 is one of the most distinct and memorable sounds of my life.

Tho i am curious about how a "true silent mode" would feel (no map marking, no join/leave warning). Even scarier perhaps, since at any moment someone can appear on your screen with no warning.

A continual sense of fear, rather than a momentary panic. Yum.

"
Blackguard wrote:
Overall I feel the death penalty of losing all your stuff makes cutthroat only a feasible league for short events. Resurrecting with only your gems and flasks leaves you too crippled to continue.

Personally i am drooling at the thought of a long term hardcore cutthroat league. I suspect that would be my preferred and sole mode of play.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I just thought of a possibly significant issue - does killing players on *hardcore* cutthroat reward xp?

I only play permadeath modes if available, so i'm not 100% on how Default treats xp loss on death etc.

Say you kill a player on normal difficulty default cutthroat. AFAIK they lose 10% of their level, and you gain exactly that much xp.

Now, consider that same player but on normal *hardcore* cutthroat. Since the player is permanently dead, he gets no xp loss. Does that in turn mean that you receive no xp for having killed him?

Note that i've intentionally kept this to normal difficulty to keep it simple.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 19, 2012, 4:42:25 AM
I'd like to give it a try too
So for fun in this league play in a party and buy some extra stash tabs? :>
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Why is so many for any kind of notification when someone comes for you?

That completely takes away the non consensual pvp part of the league, you might as well just stick to regular leagues and duels.

If someone doesn't want to pvp he will simply log off or town portal his ass back to town if someone invades his instance.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
This was epic! 2 suggestions Chris:

A hostile alert since the instance entry alert is gone.

Named player scalp trophies!

Most fun I have had in years, I'm sure most if not all agree, and conned me into throwing even more money to GGG. You guys are gamers for gamers and I say that simply because of your community management and superior product. Please do not sell out when the mansions come.
"
Drudley wrote:

That completely takes away the non consensual pvp part of the league, you might as well just stick to regular leagues and duels.

If someone doesn't want to pvp he will simply log off or town portal his ass back to town if someone invades his instance.

If someone doesn't want to pvp, they WILL stick to default/hardcore. The moment you choose to play cut-throat, you're signing an invisible agreement, a contract, a *pact*. You're offering yourself into the arms of the chaos and the constant threat of being killed, losing all your shit and maybe peeing your pants. But...but there's always a chance the soggy underwear will be on the other crotch.

...And that's why an alert, especially a nice, loud one, is essential. If you're the hunted, you know it. Fear kicks in. Excitement. Adrenaline. The terror of being killed squares off with the manifest hope that you might just win. Do you run? Sure...but in which direction?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
A few suggestions please ev correct me on this stuff but just my thoughts as of now:

I as a slow ass templar I kinda think the rangers were a bit OP they just kited me until I ran away and left area lol. I could never run faster than them, and the only way i could dodge the super fast moving arrows was to get monsters inbetween us. Not sure definately need to get this tested more.

Keep notification of player entering area. Its good to know and sometimes you just want to pick a fight.

Keep the 5 second between instances. This will encourage fighting to the death and not running like alittle pansy like I did many times.

A buffer level when people are safe. Lvls 1-9 for instance should be non-hostile. Gives a good range of being able to collect skill gems and if you lose EVERYTHING you won't have a bunch of people in terraces waiting to grief you. Maybe prisoners gate and beyond or something.

TIme to go to work peace!
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
I have been waiting for this for so long. I cant wait for cutthroat. It will definitively cure my thirst for act 3 for awhile! I only play for pvp, live for pvp, die for PVP!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
Drudley wrote:

If someone doesn't want to PVP he would not be in a cut throat league in the first place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info