'Convert' button in map stash doesn't work

"
patham wrote:
"
PurpleChakra wrote:
oh great, map conversion not working for the umpteenth league in a row. anyone surprised?

it would be great if we could at least have a list of conversions so we know how to work around this rather annoying system. better would be to dump excess converted maps into a separate remove-only tab, or give us an error message to tell us why it failed.

should I email GGG support or should I wait for an answer here?

I emailed support, they directed me to this thread. ;)

Me too. It will take me 15 hours to manually sort through 6000 cards.

"
patham wrote:
"
PurpleChakra wrote:
oh great, map conversion not working for the umpteenth league in a row. anyone surprised?

it would be great if we could at least have a list of conversions so we know how to work around this rather annoying system. better would be to dump excess converted maps into a separate remove-only tab, or give us an error message to tell us why it failed.

should I email GGG support or should I wait for an answer here?

I emailed support, they directed me to this thread. ;)

Me too. It will take me 15 hours to manually sort through 6000 cards.

Last edited by VIPVit11 on Oct 25, 2021, 2:28:21 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Still no solution ?
Disappointing...
Today we got a patch and I hoped that the map convertion problem is solved. But I still can`t convert the maps.
I just tried to convert the T16 maps and I think I know the problem now. There are to many converted to Fields Map. The following are converted to Fields: Alleyways, Chateau, Foundry, Lava Chamber, Laval Lake, Mineral Pool, Peninsula, Shore and Underground Sea.

I only have 12 cards in each, but in total then it is over the limit of 72.

I think with the other tiers is the same problem. I will have a look to that in the evening.

For your information: City Square, Coves, Crimson Temple, Cristall Ore, Terrace and Tower are converted to Arachnid Nest. Cells, Courthose, Jungle Valley, Laboratoy and Residence are converted to Alleyways. Ashen Wood, Courtyard, Mud Geyser, Plateau and Vault are converted to Summit.

I think GGG could have given us this information as well.
Thx Galaxis, your info helped. I discarded a few T16's so i had a max of 72 after conversion.
Then i discarde T14's and T15's down to max 14 each (so even if 5 combine in the same map, then it still would be only 70).
There are two main issues.

There is no easy way to know which maps cause the '72 maps' limit after the conversion.
People often either don't have enough stash space to put all these extra maps which hit the limit or it will take extremely long time to move them out of the map stash tab.

For me, I'm ok with the convert button to automatically delete any < T14 maps if they cause '72 maps' limit, so that the conversion can work.
In case people miss this statement in https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3194605, I pasted here:

"

Standard Map conversion
Currently, if you have maps in your old tab that, upon upgrading, turn into another map that you don't have enough room for, the entire tab upgrade fails. We will improve this system so that overflowed maps are given to you in a remove-only tab. This will mean the rest of the conversion will work as intended. We can't give a specific timeline on this just yet but it's a priority to resolve this before 3.17 launches and hopefully much sooner than that.

So hopefully we can get it resolved soon.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
A few things that can cause conversion to fail:

- Having incorrect maps in your map tab due to using Currency on maps while they are in the tab (for example if I use a Vaal orb on a Pier map, it can corrupt into a Peninsula map while still being in the Pier map tab).

- Having more than 72 maps TOTAL of the same type of Unique map, for example if I had 60 T4 "Pillars of Arun" and 18 T14 "Pillars of Arun", the TOTAL results in 78 which is greater than 72, removing some maps so that the TOTAL is 72 or lower will fix this problem.

- Having T16 Elder maps from before Conqueror of the Atlas was introduced, in this case failure will only occur if there's too many DIFFERENT types of T16 maps in total, easier solution is here temporarily removing all your T16 Elder maps

If Metamorph --> Delirium fails:
- Sum of T6 AshenWood and T6 Graveyard should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T10 OvergrownRuin and T10 AncientCity should be less than or equal to 72

If Heist --> Ritual fails:
- Sum of T5 Caldera and T5 Atoll should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T5 Lookout and T5 Basilica should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T5 Caldera and T5 Phantasmagoria should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T5 Wharf and T5 HauntedMansion should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T9 Wharf and T9 DesertSpring should be less than or equal to 72
- Remove all T5 Plaza maps
- Remove all T5 Conservatory maps

If Ritual/Ultimatum (same series) --> Expedition fails:
- Sum of T14 Shrine and T14 Silo should be less than or equal to 72
- Sum of T14 Plaza and R14 ForbiddenWoods should be less than or equal to 72
- Remove all T10 Canyon maps if the above 2 don't work
- Remove all T16 Atoll maps of the above 3 don't work

After using the Convert button, please go to a new instance as the UI may incorrectly display your maps.

If none of the above helps solves your problem, please send me a message and I'll try help you out.

Any 3.16 update?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info